nicholaslee
High Supremacy Member
- Joined
- Aug 9, 2003
- Messages
- 28,711
- Reaction score
- 14
I believe the banks are paying 0.8-1cpm...

Yes, it follows calendar month. Every month 2 k max.
For your case, should just spend it in July.
I spent on 1st Jun 0001hrs but for some reason it was captured as txn date on 31st May. Regardless, CSO said that the 2k cap is based on posting date and not txn date. So my txn on 29th May would be considered for the Jun month instead.
Sorry if this has been asked before but is purchasing something through the Changi Recommends website considered an online transaction? Thanks!
The last time I got a pocket wifi from them they only used my card info as authorization, there was no OTP or anything. Not sure if anything has changed now.
With effect from 2 July 2017,
a) DBS Points will not be awarded for:
Bill payments and all transactions via AXS, SAM, eNETS;
Payments to educational institutions;
Payment to government institutions and services (court cases, fines, bail and bonds, tax
payment, postal services, parking lots and garages, intra-government purchases and any
other government services not classified here);
Payment to insurance companies (sales, underwriting, and premiums);
Payments to financial institutions (including banks and brokerages);
Payment to non-profit organisations;
Any top-ups or payment of funds to payment service provides, prepaid cards and any
prepaid accounts (including EZ-Link, NETS FlashPay and Transit Link);
Instalment payment plan purchases, preferred payment plans, balance transfer, fund
transfer, cash advances, annual fees, interest, late payment charges, all fees charged by
DBS, miscellaneous charges imposed by DBS (unless otherwise stated in writing by DBS).
http://www.dbs.com.sg/iwov-resources/pdf/cards/rewards_programme_tnc.pdf
offcial game over?
Thanks! I had a chat with the Changi Recommends CSO and he/she told me that if I purchased a JR pass from them through the website, my credit card would be charged immediately.
only for shopping now. i tink i can use for my wedding
for school fee payment, last time I used Altitude card. Now I guess cannot anymore.
Is there any alternative to use to earn miles?
I would love to know a card that can earn miles from private school fees (eg SIM). Wondering if Citi premiermiles can? Or any high mpd cards?
Yes AMEX version. Just need 80k p.a.
EZ1.3
Alamak SIM doesn't accept AMEX lol! No other visa cards give 1.3 or more right?
With effect from 2 July 2017,
a) DBS Points will not be awarded for:
Bill payments and all transactions via AXS, SAM, eNETS;
Payments to educational institutions;
Payment to government institutions and services (court cases, fines, bail and bonds, tax
payment, postal services, parking lots and garages, intra-government purchases and any
other government services not classified here);
Payment to insurance companies (sales, underwriting, and premiums);
Payments to financial institutions (including banks and brokerages);
Payment to non-profit organisations;
Any top-ups or payment of funds to payment service provides, prepaid cards and any
prepaid accounts (including EZ-Link, NETS FlashPay and Transit Link);
Instalment payment plan purchases, preferred payment plans, balance transfer, fund
transfer, cash advances, annual fees, interest, late payment charges, all fees charged by
DBS, miscellaneous charges imposed by DBS (unless otherwise stated in writing by DBS).
http://www.dbs.com.sg/iwov-resources/pdf/cards/rewards_programme_tnc.pdf
offcial game over?
master pass ?
Yes, DBS only has posting dates.
DBS woman's is one of the most generous in giving out miles.![]()
I got the below response via their online query:
"I would like to highlight that the computation of points will be based on your spending per calendar month based on your transaction date. "
^ doesn't seem to tally with what the CSO on the phone told me that the pts are based on calendar month posting date
Same here. So far all based on transaction date for me.Based on transaction date not posting date. I've tested it personally before.