DBS Woman's MasterCard

Jumpman23

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,560
Reaction score
15
If I take Uber overseas it's billed in foreign currency, will I earn 4mpd (online) or 1.2mpd (overseas)??
 

dhwang_best

Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2016
Messages
215
Reaction score
1
10 points (20 miles) for every 5$ compared to 5% rebates, which one is preferred?

Most transaction amount is not multiple of 5$, we will lose points, so I greas 5% is more valuable.
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
10 points (20 miles) for every 5$ compared to 5% rebates, which one is preferred?

Most transaction amount is not multiple of 5$, we will lose points, so I greas 5% is more valuable.

There is no per $5 rounding for this card.
 

cowfart

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2007
Messages
2,146
Reaction score
1
10 points (20 miles) for every 5$ compared to 5% rebates, which one is preferred?

Most transaction amount is not multiple of 5$, we will lose points, so I greas 5% is more valuable.

Mile valuation is a complex topic and its calculation varies from person to person - my personal valuation of a mile is around 1.5 cents (because I'm now miles rich and (very) cash poor =:p), but many people on this forum value their miles at 1.9-2.0 cents each.

Whether 4mpd or 5% cash rebate is better depends on how much you value a mile - if you value a mile at >1.25 cents, getting 4mpd beats 5% rebate (since you are effectively buying 4 miles for 5 cents).

In the past, the main contenders were 4mpd (WWMC) or 7% cash rebate (SCB Singpost Visa) - for me, 1.75 cents is too much to pay per mile, so I went for 7% rebate all the time for online spend.
 
Last edited:

dhwang_best

Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2016
Messages
215
Reaction score
1
Thanks for the professional reply.

:s13:

Mile valuation is a complex topic and its calculation varies from person to person - my personal valuation of a mile is around 1.5 cents (because I'm now miles rich and (very) cash poor =:p), but many people on this forum value their miles at 1.9-2.0 cents each.

Whether 4mpd or 5% cash rebate is better depends on how much you value a mile - if you value a mile at >1.25 cents, getting 4mpd beats 5% rebate (since you are effectively buying 4 miles for 5 cents).

In the past, the main contenders were 4mpd (WWMC) or 7% cash rebate (SCB Singpost Visa) - for me, 1.75 cents is too much to pay per mile, so I went for 7% rebate all the time for online spend.
 

Spk307

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2015
Messages
670
Reaction score
0
10 points (20 miles) for every 5$ compared to 5% rebates, which one is preferred?

Most transaction amount is not multiple of 5$, we will lose points, so I greas 5% is more valuable.


Ah, the age old question of miles vs Cashback.
I suggest you read through these links before you decide:

http://milelion.com/2017/04/30/st-writer-prefers-cashback-to-miles-fluffy-kittens-everywhere-die/

http://milelion.com/2015/06/26/the-ugly-truth-of-cashback-cards-banks-dont-want-you-to-know/

Note: I have no affiliation to the above website and I do not earn anything through the links.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top