Debt consolidation Plan - Part 2

Joined
May 7, 2019
Messages
105
Reaction score
15
Light at the end of the tunnel, tried using my card for petrol today but card was blocked. Called SCB and they say it was because of MAS 12X and most banks would block your cards till you update your NOA. Downtrodden, I decided to call UOB to check on status because I did not receive any SMS on DCP approval. I had to asked the CSO thrice, because I couldn't believe she say it was approved the first time.

This forum has been super useful and comforting during my DCP journey, lost 17kg over the last 8 weeks because super moody and mood affected my appetite.

Chances are greatly increased when BTI is below 18x with the 5% buffer. So to those seeking DCP, all the best and will keep you all in prayers.
 

Jojodespo

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2017
Messages
589
Reaction score
3
Congrats bro!!!

Light at the end of the tunnel, tried using my card for petrol today but card was blocked. Called SCB and they say it was because of MAS 12X and most banks would block your cards till you update your NOA. Downtrodden, I decided to call UOB to check on status because I did not receive any SMS on DCP approval. I had to asked the CSO thrice, because I couldn't believe she say it was approved the first time.

This forum has been super useful and comforting during my DCP journey, lost 17kg over the last 8 weeks because super moody and mood affected my appetite.

Chances are greatly increased when BTI is below 18x with the 5% buffer. So to those seeking DCP, all the best and will keep you all in prayers.
 

Applewee

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2019
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
Wow!!!!! Congrats!!
Can share with me ur CSO contact Ma?

Light at the end of the tunnel, tried using my card for petrol today but card was blocked. Called SCB and they say it was because of MAS 12X and most banks would block your cards till you update your NOA. Downtrodden, I decided to call UOB to check on status because I did not receive any SMS on DCP approval. I had to asked the CSO thrice, because I couldn't believe she say it was approved the first time.

This forum has been super useful and comforting during my DCP journey, lost 17kg over the last 8 weeks because super moody and mood affected my appetite.

Chances are greatly increased when BTI is below 18x with the 5% buffer. So to those seeking DCP, all the best and will keep you all in prayers.
 

terence12

Junior Member
Joined
May 4, 2019
Messages
95
Reaction score
12
-Started applied through phone on 22 Apr. Email to CSO my rating report and payslips.
-Email all my statements on 23 Apr.
-Courier came on 24 Apr for me to sign the forms with all the amount stated in one of the forms.
-Rec SMS on changes of contact detail & DP approval on 30 Apr.
-Rec debit card on 3 May.
-Today check banks all paid except 1 cc from UOB.
-Rec sms informed me the loan amount, monthly pay how much and due date as well. Have not receive any offical mail yet.


I am still keeping my fingers crossed on my application
 

terence12

Junior Member
Joined
May 4, 2019
Messages
95
Reaction score
12
Hi all,

Thought of applying to SCB, anyone has CSO to recommend. UOB rejected the first time in April because plus 5% made my BTI too close to 18x. Reapplied last Thursday after reducing my 5% plus BTI to 16x. Previous CSO left, unable to reach the new CSO. Wonder why application takes so long. Rating is GG, no default and also pay on time for the last donkey years. Despite paying in full always with UOB and before due dates but min plus more for all the other banks. UOB adjusted my credit limit downwards based on my 2018 NOA. Resulting in my Cashplus having an OD 😓


U applied HSBC?
 
Joined
May 7, 2019
Messages
105
Reaction score
15
UOB, my payment history with them is good. Full settlement every month before due date. I suspect the first rejection was because my BTI plus 5% buffer were too close to 18X
 
Joined
May 7, 2019
Messages
105
Reaction score
15
Can't PM yet, but generally, both ladies I dealt with in UOB were super helpful and empathetic. Approval or rejection is around 3-5 days, quite fast. All the best with your application.
 
Joined
May 7, 2019
Messages
105
Reaction score
15
Thanks Jojo, I read most of your postings together with the others and it helped during my time of uncertainty. This is a good forum to seek advise and etc. Will do what I can to assist those here. Cheers bro
 
Last edited:
Joined
May 7, 2019
Messages
105
Reaction score
15
BTI means not inclusive of the repayment interest am i right?


It is your total unsecured debt without DCP interest, but with the 5% 'extra' to cover late fees and amount shortfall. So say if your debt is $100K, that amount that is on loan to you would be $105,000. It does not include the interest per annum The closer that is to the 18x, was told it would lower the chance of success, but different banks have different risk calculations.
 

Shalala-86

Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2018
Messages
121
Reaction score
5
Light at the end of the tunnel, tried using my card for petrol today but card was blocked. Called SCB and they say it was because of MAS 12X and most banks would block your cards till you update your NOA. Downtrodden, I decided to call UOB to check on status because I did not receive any SMS on DCP approval. I had to asked the CSO thrice, because I couldn't believe she say it was approved the first time.

This forum has been super useful and comforting during my DCP journey, lost 17kg over the last 8 weeks because super moody and mood affected my appetite.

Chances are greatly increased when BTI is below 18x with the 5% buffer. So to those seeking DCP, all the best and will keep you all in prayers.

Congrats!!
 

Shalala-86

Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2018
Messages
121
Reaction score
5
U applied HSBC?
U applied HSBC?
My application was submitted on 03 May.. waiting patiently for the outcome. Everyday so worried and gan chiong over upcoming loan due.
Any idea if HSBC approve or reject, will they sms to inform?
 

terence12

Junior Member
Joined
May 4, 2019
Messages
95
Reaction score
12
It is your total unsecured debt without DCP interest, but with the 5% 'extra' to cover late fees and amount shortfall. So say if your debt is $100K, that amount that is on loan to you would be $105,000. It does not include the interest per annum The closer that is to the 18x, was told it would lower the chance of success, but different banks have different risk calculations.

I see. I was told by HSBC that the amount loan inclusive of the 5% buffer would be $52500. My monthly income is $3360. Hence my BTI is 15.625. Still waiting for the results now.
 

terence12

Junior Member
Joined
May 4, 2019
Messages
95
Reaction score
12
U applied HSBC?
My application was submitted on 03 May.. waiting patiently for the outcome. Everyday so worried and gan chiong over upcoming loan due.
Any idea if HSBC approve or reject, will they sms to inform?

Ya. I also applied HSBC. Previously was rejected by POSB. I also submitted my application on 3rd May through my CSO.
Everyday so gan chiong. Waiting and waiting.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top