Dental clinic in jb

N

Reaction score
How old are you? :)...I meant how small is your small molar that Tiew can't do RC?

still youth according to Singapore's classification :D

the tooth is totally fine except for the crack, not even a filling ever done. Tiew said they need a small rubber band to stabilize the tooth, which they don't have. I think, they just prefer not to touch a tooth that is near perfect for fear of liability.

anyway, for now, its fine, if it acts up then I'll take action at Tee.

Last edited:

Mayari

Reaction score
Hi. I went to Toof Doctor at Serangoon central this morning. Was told I need root canal, followed by filling and then crowning. Total cost will be around $2400 for one tooth. I have 2 teeth to fix. So I am definitely will try this JB clinic. Thank you so much for sharing. It works for many of you, hope it work for me.

Anyone know how many days usually is the gap between the first visit and the second? Assuming that they start the treatment on first visit.
Thanks.

hwsstx

Reaction score
Anyone know how many days usually is the gap between the first visit and the second? Assuming that they start the treatment on first visit.
Thanks.

I had a look at my calendar & there was no RC recorded - I think I didn't do any RC (sorry N) but I did Crowning.

Crowning for me took 2.5 weeks. The 1st appointment was to get the tooth ready (drilling, filling, making the mould, temporary Crown etc). Then 2.5 weeks later I went for the actual Crowning ie placing the Crown over the tooth.

My Crown was for a small molar & it was a porcelain fused to metal type; RM 800. I paid 50% at the 1st appointment & the balance when the small molar was Crowned.

Try WhatsApp to get the latest.

Last edited:

N

Reaction score
I had a look at my calendar & there was no RC recorded - I think I didn't do any RC (sorry N) but I did Crowning.

Crowning for me took 2.5 weeks. The 1st appointment was to get the tooth ready (drilling, filling, making the mould, temporary Crown etc). Then 2.5 weeks later I went for the actual Crowning ie placing the Crown over the tooth.

My Crown was for a small molar & it was a porcelain fused to metal type; RM 800. I paid 50% at the 1st appointment & the balance when the small molar was Crowned.

np, some info is better than the recept that I suspect does not understand much English.

at least now I know they have the x-ray, and they have crown for small molar. I would be shocked if they don't have canal... it won't make sense :D

Mayari

Reaction score

Thanks for the reply. That means with RC and crowning will take longer. I might go this Wednesday morning. A bit scared imagining the pain, honestly. Haiz.

Mayari

Reaction score

By the way, is the clinic far from the malaysian checkpoint? I plan to take grab or taxi there.

hwsstx

Reaction score
By the way, is the clinic far from the malaysian checkpoint? I plan to take grab or taxi there.

Updated: 12 Jul 2022
Grab from JB Sentral Main Entrance to the Clinic is RM 14.00, at 8.26am

Updated: 26 Sep 2019

Not far in my opinion. It is between KSL & Mid Valley Southkey.

Better info for you, from JB Sentral Main Entrance, RM 6 by Grab; RM 12 by normal taxi, booking via taxi booth.

This is at about 8.30am; fare may be higher later in the day.

Last edited:

hwsstx

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. That means with RC and crowning will take longer. I might go this Wednesday morning. A bit scared imagining the pain, honestly. Haiz.

I'm not an expert but both your teeth could be rooted (drilling, filling, making the mould, temporary crown etc) for crowning during the 1st appointment; then return 2.5 weeks later for the Crowning Ceremony.

Last edited:

RinTsuki

Reaction score
Hello. Anyone did tooth extraction at the clinic before? How was it & whats the price? Also, no need to book appointment for first visit right? Any recommended time/day to visit for those without appointment?

Thanks.

Ps. Do they also do denture?

Last edited:

hwsstx

Reaction score
Hello. Anyone did tooth extraction at the clinic before? How was it & whats the price? Also, no need to book appointment for first visit right? Any recommended time/day to visit for those without appointment?

Thanks.

Ps. Do they also do denture?

A few of your enquiries can be WhatsApped e.g. Denture, tooth extraction.

As I've said, appointments are for follow up/continuation of treatments e.g. Crowning after RC; so there's little reason to make appointment for the 1st visit. However, if you had this dentist who did the filling for a tooth 6 months ago & you want the same dentist for your forthcoming tooth problem (maybe she is gentler/caring), you can give the reason that the dentist may want to look at the filling that was done 6 months ago (maybe the tooth is more sensitive now) - I did that as my tooth was getting more sensitive.

Making such an appointment with your "preferred" dentist may incur waiting time as the dentist will have to treat other patients who come first before you.

All my visits/appointments I was there before the dental opens at 9am; all on weekdays as I presume during weekends (Fri & Sat) dental may be busier.

You can read this too:https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/116177578-post77.html

Last edited:

Mayari

Reaction score
I'm not an expert but both your teeth could be rooted (drilling, filling, making the mould, temporary crown etc) for crowning during the 1st appointment; then return 2.5 weeks later for the Crowning Ceremony.

Hi all, ended up going today, reached a bit late at ard 12pm. It says lunch time but it's open and have quite a number of ppl waiting. They didn't turn me down.

A young lady doc took my x-ray and told me that confirmed I need RC followed by crowning. Total will be RM2000 (RC RM1200 + Crowning RM800) for all. I said ok. She said need to check if any doc is available. If yes, maybe can start at 2pm (lunch 12.30pm - 2pm). Then she asked a young male doc who said ok to start then itself.

About 12.45pm when he started. He did cleaning and give me the temporary filling BUT the filling was to high. I didn't immediately notice. He only asked me to test bite once (The sg doc that did filling for me on Monday asked me to try biting down 3 times). Once that one test bite is done, the process is done. I then notice that the lights for that level 2 and level 1 were already switched off. No one except the recept and 2 staff (maybe docs) who were waiting for this doc to join them. As soon as he came down, they went for lunch. The receipt didn't go.

Problem is, the filling is too high. Now, it's uncomfortable to eat coz when I use the other side to chew food, this RC side would bite down and touch the lower tooth while I chew. So I can't chew properly. ☹ My next appt is next Monday. So got to bear with it till then. He said I must come for total 5 times. Even the recept was surprised why I had 5 instead of 4 sessions. I think coz session 1 he split into 2 sessions. 😔 How I wished he had offered to do after lunch or make appt. Haiz.

Last edited:

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, ended up going today, reached a bit late at ard 12pm. It says lunch time but it's open and have quite a number of ppl waiting. They didn't turn me down.

A young lady doc took my x-ray and told me that confirmed I need RC followed by crowning. Total will be RM2000 (RC RM1200 + Crowning RM800) for all. I said ok. She said need to check if any doc is available. If yes, maybe can start at 2pm (lunch 12.30pm - 2pm). Then she asked a young male doc who said ok to start then itself.

About 12.45pm when he started. He did cleaning and give me the temporary filling BUT the filling was to high. I didn't immediately notice. He only asked me to test bite once (The sg doc that did filling for me on Monday asked me to try biting down 3 times). Once that one test bite is done, the process is done. I then notice that the lights for that level 2 and level 1 were already switched off. No one except the recept and 2 staff (maybe docs) who were waiting for this doc to join them. As soon as he came down, they went for lunch. The receipt didn't go.

Problem is, the filling is too high. Now, it's uncomfortable to eat coz when I use the other side to chew food, this RC side would bite down and touch the lower tooth while I chew. So I can't chew properly. ☹ My next appt is next Monday. So got to bear with it till then. He said I must come for total 5 times. Even the recept was surprised why I had 5 instead of 4 sessions. I think coz session 1 he split into 2 sessions. 😔 How I wished he had offered to do after lunch or make appt. Haiz.

Thanks for the review, can share which dentist did the filling for u ?

Mayari

Reaction score
Thanks for the review, can share which dentist did the filling for u ?[/QUOTE

His name is Tan Hawkin. The clinic looks quite nice, it has a few waiting area for different sections of the clinic. Grab from city square cost RM6. They will advice on price first, if you are ok they will do. They only accept cash. Payment will be by instalment of total number of visits to complete the work. So for my case I paid RM400 as 1/3 of the RM1200 I need to pay for root canal. They are open 9AM - 5PM on Christmas eve.

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the review, can share which dentist did the filling for u ?
His name is Tan Hawkin. The clinic looks quite nice, it has a few waiting area for different sections of the clinic. Grab from city square cost RM6. They will advice on price first, if you are ok they will do. They only accept cash. Payment will be by instalment of total number of visits to complete the work. So for my case I paid RM400 as 1/3 of the RM1200 I need to pay for root canal. They are open 9AM - 5PM on Christmas eve.

quite unfair that they didnt do a good job for ur filling on ur last trip, now u have to spend time and money for next trip there...

N

Reaction score

good to know. Now the jam has started after Malaysia side starts to do all sorts of stunt including the space and food. My parents started at 7am, reached their breakfast spot at 11am. 8am means, either stay hotel or start at 5am. :s22: Those jokers open 2 customs booth on Saturday. Taking the bus across is not any better. u stand in line to chop passport for 3 over hours.

the same question I asked before, may I know is this Molar, pre-molar (small tooth) or some other?
edit: silly me, x-ray was done, and they probably saw a challenging canal process which explains the higher than usual 800.

Problem is, the filling is too high. Now, it's uncomfortable to eat coz when I use the other side to chew food, this RC side would bite down and touch the lower tooth while I chew. So I can't chew properly. ☹ My next appt is next Monday. So got to bear with it till then. He said I must come for total 5 times. Even the recept was surprised why I had 5 instead of 4 sessions. I think coz session 1 he split into 2 sessions. ****************** How I wished he had offered to do after lunch or make appt. Haiz.

This is important. no joke to start the journey at 5 am multiple times... coz upcoming CNY road trips will also be madness all the way till Feb. actually how come 4 sessions, I thought session 1: RC, Session 2: Mould for the crown, Session 3: glue the crown

quite unfair that they didn't do a good job for ur filling on ur last trip, now u have to spend time and money for next trip there...

machiam Singapore polyclinic shift to Malaysia. Bangala attitude.

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Strange...

If it's lunch time, it's lunch time. You can't expect the person to attend to you properly, then skip his lunch because those who arrive after the clinic opens again after lunch time expects all the dentists to be present at their stations.

If yourself is at work, it's lunch time and you're going out with a whole bunch of colleagues, then something/someone comes with a task for you to handle that the others cannot sit around and wait, what will you do?

I'm not saying that anyone is right/wrong. You can go off for your own lunch and return again after the lunch hour/s stated.

Do also wrong, don't do also wrong. If he'd insisted on going for his lunch, probably someone else might have said "he's too hungry to attend to me"?

Don't go too close to closing time, be it lunch, dinner, or end of the day. :)

Mayari

Reaction score
Strange...

If it's lunch time, it's lunch time. You can't expect the person to attend to you properly, then skip his lunch because those who arrive after the clinic opens again after lunch time expects all the dentists to be present at their stations.

If yourself is at work, it's lunch time and you're going out with a whole bunch of colleagues, then something/someone comes with a task for you to handle that the others cannot sit around and wait, what will you do?

I'm not saying that anyone is right/wrong. You can go off for your own lunch and return again after the lunch hour/s stated.

Do also wrong, don't do also wrong. If he'd insisted on going for his lunch, probably someone else might have said "he's too hungry to attend to me"?

Don't go too close to closing time, be it lunch, dinner, or end of the day. :)

Actually the way you reply is the typical way how people make comments before reading properly and understand what he reads. Make the noise first so people will pay attention to you and figure out what actually happened later, right?

Try to read again if you bother (most likely you don't, typical). At which part did I EVER said I asked them to do it right there and then?? The whole conversation was just between them. The first doc that attended to me, said that she would need to check if any dentist was available to do RC and if yes, it would be at 2PM.

Then when she explained the X-ray outcome and confirmed that I needed to do RC, there was that other doc that was already standing behind me. The first doc asked the second doc, "you want to do it now, or later?" He answered, "I do it now lah". So I just follow the doc. I was not even asked again if I want to do it then itself.

So, morale of the story, don't be a typical ranter, like you are such a righteous person with sky high morale and just started lecturing people. Ok?

Last edited:

Mayari

Reaction score
quite unfair that they didnt do a good job for ur filling on ur last trip, now u have to spend time and money for next trip there...

I am ok with number of trips coz it's expected that we need multiple trips. And if we want cheaper then must be willing to compromise a bit on our side. I am ok about that. But since he was the one who decided to take on the job at his lunch time, then he should do it properly, coz now I am in slight pain every time I eat coz my right hand side where I did the RC will hit the lower tooth even if I chew slowly using the other side. So must eat soft food for now

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.