Detention barrack experience / info

mickey88

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2008
Messages
7,764
Reaction score
1,952
I understand less than 7 days in DB will not have record..Dun noe this still apply
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,145
Reaction score
17,428
I understand less than 7 days in DB will not have record..Dun noe this still apply

From what I understand, whether a DB sentence has record or not doesn't depend on the period, but more on the type of offence (how serious it is) and whether it has a civilian criminal counterpart.

For example, if one is sent to DB for an offence such as a misfiring of weapon, his DB may not have record.

On the other hand, if one is sent to DB for fighting resulting in injury to the other person, this DB may have record, as it has the equivalent to the civilian charge of "voluntarily causing hurt".
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
From what I understand, whether a DB sentence has record or not doesn't depend on the period, but more on the type of offence (how serious it is) and whether it has a civilian criminal counterpart.

For example, if one is sent to DB for an offence such as a misfiring of weapon, his DB may not have record.

On the other hand, if one is sent to DB for fighting resulting in injury to the other person, this DB may have record, as it has the equivalent to the civilian charge of "voluntarily causing hurt".
when no record, what does it mean?

Like after serving DB, the record of having served DB will be wiped out? The record of one committing an office will be wiped out?
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,145
Reaction score
17,428
when no record, what does it mean?

Like after serving DB, the record of having served DB will be wiped out? The record of one committing an office will be wiped out?

Not wiped out, the military will always know, but u know that section in the outside job application where u have to indicate "Have you even been convicted in a court of law in Singapore" or something to that extent. One can answer "No" for minor DB offences.

Btw, for the case of cannabis consumption, since it is already an criminal offence outside of camp, this offence will be criminal record even with a DB sentence.
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
Not wiped out, the military will always know, but u know that section in the outside job application where u have to indicate "Have you even been convicted in a court of law in Singapore" or something to that extent. One can answer "No" for minor DB offences.

Btw, for the case of cannabis consumption, since it is already an criminal offence outside of camp, this offence will be criminal record even with a DB sentence.
I think is more of spent record.

The most common situation when you will be asked about your criminal record will be when you apply for a new job. Often, you will have to declare if you have a criminal record, or whether you have ever been convicted in a court of law. A person with a spent record can legally declare that he has no criminal record. However, he must still answer “yes” if he is asked whether he has ever been convicted in a court of law.

I think is can declare no criminal record, but cannot declare never been convicted.
 

Lovekpopdrama

Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2018
Messages
112
Reaction score
0
I understand less than 7 days in DB will not have record..Dun noe this still apply

I believe cause those offense are not major kind, thus shorter days in DB. Which is why there won’t be a record. Don’t quote me on that.

Dont be worried about the lost time inside or what he will face.

Dont think anyone died inside (unless not announced in the open)

Be more concerned about the outside criminal record and relapsing back into a drug habit

Agree with this. So far all those in DB I’ve seen quite majority of them are AWOL cases. And generally I feel the detainee are well-behaved (maybe it’s just me when I see then) Not all for sure.

Hope for the best for you and your son.
 

Adt007

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2016
Messages
2,182
Reaction score
1
Agree with this. So far all those in DB I’ve seen quite majority of them are AWOL cases. And generally I feel the detainee are well-behaved (maybe it’s just me when I see then) Not all for sure.

Section 22(1) and section 25 are the most common.

Of course they are well behaved.... they better be.
 

80Mrss

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2019
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
I believe cause those offense are not major kind, thus shorter days in DB. Which is why there won’t be a record. Don’t quote me on that.



Agree with this. So far all those in DB I’ve seen quite majority of them are AWOL cases. And generally I feel the detainee are well-behaved (maybe it’s just me when I see then) Not all for sure.

Hope for the best for you and your son.

Thank you.
 

Lovekpopdrama

Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2018
Messages
112
Reaction score
0
Thank you.

For drug cases the sentences can be 8 month long. Depend on severity. Cause I know someone who got 8 months for drug cases.

I believe family support would help a lot. Do visit him as often as you could once they allow. I believe you could send letter too. Hope this help!
 

80Mrss

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2019
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
For drug cases the sentences can be 8 month long. Depend on severity. Cause I know someone who got 8 months for drug cases.

I believe family support would help a lot. Do visit him as often as you could once they allow. I believe you could send letter too. Hope this help!

Yes I already visited once, been a week plus now and still waiting for him to go to martial court.

There was another detainee with 4 drug charges and sentenced to 14 months. So I'm assuming and hoping his wont be as long. Thanks again.
 

lersheng

Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2001
Messages
176
Reaction score
15
Usually first time drug case is 2 years, aka 24 months.
That's if convicted guilty according to SAF Act chapter 295.
Then based on good behaviour, you can be released weeks earlier.

If second time, straight away go to prison.
 

NWT1978

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2001
Messages
18,789
Reaction score
29
just hope your son learnt his lesson this time round...

not worth it to go DB unless he liked army alot and wanted to extend his normal 2 yrs ones...

still got the 7 HK and 3 LK for him to do when he completed as NSF...

last time during when I was nsf... when posted to unit

similar thing happened to one of them...

took drugs... got sentence... then good behavior...early release for him... saw him once when he reported to unit.

then he went to do the same thing...even included to visit doctors to demand MC...doctor called camp to complain...

then he caught by CNB for drugs...

back to there already...

dont know how long his sentence be for the second time... since no saw him even I ord.... maybe posted to other unit already...
 

flowerpalms

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2018
Messages
58,175
Reaction score
18,750
i think more important is cold turkey. better make sure your son get rid of the addiction and stay away from drugs forever. because if not, it will not be CNB next time drug rehab
 

80Mrss

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2019
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
just hope your son learnt his lesson this time round...

not worth it to go DB unless he liked army alot and wanted to extend his normal 2 yrs ones...

still got the 7 HK and 3 LK for him to do when he completed as NSF...

last time during when I was nsf... when posted to unit

similar thing happened to one of them...

took drugs... got sentence... then good behavior...early release for him... saw him once when he reported to unit.

then he went to do the same thing...even included to visit doctors to demand MC...doctor called camp to complain...

then he caught by CNB for drugs...

back to there already...

dont know how long his sentence be for the second time... since no saw him even I ord.... maybe posted to other unit already...

Thanks. What is 7 HK and LK?
 

trickle_on

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2000
Messages
19,688
Reaction score
9
HK = High Key Training

LK = Low Key Training

Both are in reference to reservist training.

In total, NS Men will have to complete 3 Low Key and 7 High Key training once they are done with their, typically, 2 year NSF training period.

Thanks. What is 7 HK and LK?
 

80Mrss

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2019
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
i think more important is cold turkey. better make sure your son get rid of the addiction and stay away from drugs forever. because if not, it will not be CNB next time drug rehab

There is no addiction but thank you. If not charged under SAF, 1st time or 2nd time will still be a CNB case, both times will go to DRC.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top