DigiPen Singapore

edesonism

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2014
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
The only alien with different hair colour from the rest lol

Seems like there's actually another guy with coloured hair. I'm the one with the colour split in the middle. My future classmate, who among the guys are you? lol.
 

iridiot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2003
Messages
12,382
Reaction score
308
Seems like there's actually another guy with coloured hair. I'm the one with the colour split in the middle. My future classmate, who among the guys are you? lol.
I was late and sat behind today. There were three guys with distinctly coloured hair
 

edesonism

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2014
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
This year join DigiPen de create group in fb aimai? Since we probably need each other for future project etc...~
 

Jiajin93

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2014
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Haha, sorry for not replying. Didnt checked here often... I am sad to say I have no idea what MAT95 is. Whatever it is, I suppose it is too late to apply?
 

edesonism

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2014
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Haha, sorry for not replying. Didnt checked here often... I am sad to say I have no idea what MAT95 is. Whatever it is, I suppose it is too late to apply?

Pre-calculus to help us revise math before our life in school.
 

iridiot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2003
Messages
12,382
Reaction score
308
Haha, sorry for not replying. Didnt checked here often... I am sad to say I have no idea what MAT95 is. Whatever it is, I suppose it is too late to apply?
Just come on Mondays n Wednesdays 6:30-8:30p.m. email admin . Mat 95 is like an O lvl refresher
 

edesonism

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2014
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
fbdotcom/edesonism <- not sure if it's against the rule here to post link,mod can remove if I have violated the rule.

BSGD de lai ah~

iridiot! :D
 

lamerokz

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2009
Messages
584
Reaction score
0
Hmm.... So if I print out ebook version of the books, I'll get in pretty deep ****?

Don't get caught lor, but i rather you borrow from library if you don't want to buy. However, I highly suggest you to get the CS120 and MAT140 books. Freshmen usually struggle with MAT140 initially, and MAT140 is very important for your foundation as Sem2's modules heavily relies on it (CS230 for example if you want to read up the course catalog on it). CS120, Prasanna will time and again suggest you to get the book, useful to a certain extent, as a REFERENCE book, not TEXT book.

From my experience, the standard books to buy is always the Programming books and Math textbook. The rest is pretty much redundant as the material the lecturers provide is sufficient to obtain decent to good grades, if you bother revising.

Also, regarding MAT95, just pop by on any Mon / Wed 630pm. An admin dude is always there handling the class admin stuff, approach him during then and he will just instruct you to write your name on the attendance sheet on the back. JunWei (our instructor) is a cool dude who doesn't mind anyone who is willing to learn to sit in. My gf came to singapore today and she sat in today! :3
 
Last edited:

Jiajin93

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2014
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Great advice! I think I will drop by on wednesday to attend the MAT95. I couldn't find any information online *or wasn't looking hard enough* but I just have to bring an open mind, some foolscap paper, calculator and pencil case?
 

lamerokz

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2009
Messages
584
Reaction score
0
Great advice! I think I will drop by on wednesday to attend the MAT95. I couldn't find any information online *or wasn't looking hard enough* but I just have to bring an open mind, some foolscap paper, calculator and pencil case?

What information are you looking for? I might be able to help you to a certain extent. If it is regarding MAT95, it is some crash course focusing on pre-calculus (you will need this for MAT150 in semester 2). JunWei also likes to motivate us by giving an example on how to use math in a real life context, such as the game you will be making in the near future. It would serve as a great help for those who went through 2 years of green life and haven't use much of their brain power during this period of time.
 

Jiajin93

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2014
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
HAHAHA, 2 years of green life :) Good times...

Well, where is it? I'm assuming Digipen itself. As in the one near "one-north" but I'm not really sure. Do I need any sort of identification? Pink IC, acceptance letter etc... Haha, other than that, I guess I'm just trying to find excuses to continue slacking.

Hey, btw I looked up st.singaporetech thinking that MAT95 is there and found a couple of "value-added" courses. Korean language, Intro to python, etc... anyone going or gone for anything?
 

lamerokz

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2009
Messages
584
Reaction score
0
Yes, in the school campus itself. Pixel building near one-north. It is not handled by sit but DigiPen themselves.
Value added course is interesting but i rather you take the time and look through some C instead. In a short 2 months time, you will meet the bane of your life, Prasanna Ghali. :)

Topic for wed class would be functions, manipulation of functions. This is exceptionally important for mat150 (i got close to a zero for a quiz as it was new to me then). Just approach anyone you see in school for help if you are lost on what to do, seniors are more than willing to lend a helping hand, and not forgetting your future schoolmates wouldnt leave you in a ditch. The class is located at Tesla, you take the lift up to the second floor, walk straight towards the glass door. The first room you see in front of you would be your destination.
 
Last edited:

Jiajin93

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2014
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
First time in class today. Definitely worth it. The teacher knows his material, jokes with the class and even offered a break in between.
*No one took the break, we are all too hardcore about our future*

Came exactly on time and the class was almost half-full. There were more people than I expected and even more came in afterwards. I'm going to try and sit in the front next time :D

Those that didn't go for MAT95. I recommend that you do, good recap or basic for your course that's coming in less than two months.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top