Discrimination of Race, Culture, Derogatory Terms and Seditious Remarks will NOT be Tolerated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightsteed

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ah, checked. Aye aye Capt.

Play by the rules, play by the rules...

Be a little crazy but play by the rules...

:s22:

Cyriic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hokay. All vote moi for mod prease. Moi ish will make sure there ish world peace in the year 2008.

coldfreeze

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
maybe this thread should be closed to prevent further replies

Nichky

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wackymaus75 said:
what what is someone is really behaving like a jerk..

Use other more... refined and subtle ways to ask him to go f... errr, behave him/her/itself :o

satayxp

Banned
Reaction score
Dr.Vijay said:
Have you ever noticed how the warning/ban list gets bloated every time? Year on year, there's a lot more offences.

bcos Sg population is growing.. 6.5 million target, savvy?

raven1019

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dr.Vijay said:
Have you ever noticed how the warning/ban list gets bloated every time? Year on year, there's a lot more offences. The entire history of offenders is there for all to see (back till 2003 when I first implemented it). So yes, we do take action; but if you want instant response, then I'll need 100x more moderators ;)
can i join the moderator team :D

*look at Dr.Vijay with teary eyes *

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Dr.Vijay said:
To all HWZ Forum Users,

We've increasingly noticed in recent times that there is a sharp increase of unwanted name calling, blasphemy, seditious remarks, racial discrimination and usage of derogatory terms in the forums.

May I kindly remind you of our Term of Use of this forum and our website here: http://www.hardwarezone.com/core/tos.php

In short, to all culprits of the above mentioned usage, be warned that the moderators and administrators will ban you without notice if you persist in your ways. If we warn you, it is only out of courtesy, but as mentioned in our forum rules, we're not obliged to answer you.

Where's your common sense for goodness sakes? Do you go out on the street making all these remarks in the open? No. That's because you offend people and you will only get entangled with the law for doing such or other serious consequences. The same reason applies to these public forums and I urge all to practice some self-censorship. You alone are accountable for what you say and if it directly insults or hurt other users, be prepared to take the flak - from other forum users, the media and the law. I don't have to remind you that HWZ forums are among the most highly used in this region and draws a wide viewership from around the world. As such, each and every one of you has a responsibility to voice yourself in the forums in a manner that's mature, reasonable and tactful. There are enough disputes around the world as it is and we don't have to add on to it. Remember, our country has prospered with a diverse society coming from all races, religions and walks of life and we are together because we understand and accommodate one another.

Just because you see some un-thoughtful members posting unsolicited comments, it doesn't mean its okay for others to follow too. Think before you act. There are far more users than there are moderators, so it's only natural some of these get unnoticed till much later. However, HWZ forums do not and will not tolerate such comments and we'll do what we can to stem this. Of course, this cannot be a one-sided act only and we'll need the help of the rest of the community to chip in and do their part to help us single out the culprits and better still, inculcate the right way to respond to the wrong-doers (which means everyone is a moderator to some extent ;) ). Together, lets all strive for better quality community interaction. :)

p.s. This is a serious thread, so please, no unnecessary replies. Thank you for your understanding.
Noted Dr.Vijay. :)

But I have something to add, even if this may get me banned.

For freedom of speech, HWZ forums must not protect against anyone if any information regarding them is true and not scandalous, including the gahmen. I hope this guideline is adhered to.

jsbn

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dr.Vijay said:
Have you ever noticed how the warning/ban list gets bloated every time? Year on year, there's a lot more offences. The entire history of offenders is there for all to see (back till 2003 when I first implemented it). So yes, we do take action; but if you want instant response, then I'll need 100x more moderators ;)
Put me moderator here, 1/2 the crowd will be gone and start calling me a 66.6. :s13:

siandiao

Reaction score
Dr.Vijay said:
No need, just let me be mod will do. I no life one I hang out in EDMW very often :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.