Discrimination of Race, Culture, Derogatory Terms and Seditious Remarks will NOT be Tolerated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Kiwi8,

Just a note to add on to this scenario; many a time this could involve misleading and unconfirmed information. Take for example, a bomb hoax or even the NSF walking off with the rifle. When these first hit the forums, depending on the nature and how authentic it is (or not), moderators who chance upon these would move in to put a lid on these. Of course as soon as it's confirmed that it is true or public knowledge, then it's fine :)

Remember, people have been brought to court from our very forums who've spouted information that's totally not true. So this is something that we've to balance out and work out along the way when situations do arise ;)

Kiwi8 said:
Noted Dr.Vijay. :)

But I have something to add, even if this may get me banned.

For freedom of speech, HWZ forums must not protect against anyone if any information regarding them is true and not scandalous, including the gahmen. I hope this guideline is adhered to.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Dr.Vijay said:
Hi Kiwi8,

Just a note to add on to this scenario; many a time this could involve misleading and unconfirmed information. Take for example, a bomb hoax or even the NSF walking off with the rifle. When these first hit the forums, depending on the nature and how authentic it is (or not), moderators who chance upon these would move in to put a lid on these. Of course as soon as it's confirmed that it is true or public knowledge, then it's fine :)

Remember, people have been brought to court from our very forums who've spouted information that's totally not true. So this is something that we've to balance out and work out along the way when situations do arise ;)
Yes, of course for bomb hoax, I agree with the actions done.

speedknight

Reaction score
Guys please there are times to be serious,don't learn it by the painful way.
Remember few years back got one guys tio charge cos of racist remarks made on his blog.

xboxer

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Should have this thread a long time ago. If I am mod, I will immediately put this notice up.

lilith

Banned
Reaction score
Xian_Feng said:
pls be serious guys :s22:

catse01.jpg

KohChris

Banned
Reaction score
Come on guys, this is the dawn of the internet age

All forms of expression, before being made known to others, should be reasonably self-censored within oneself before letting it out. All this talk of hate & dislike, does not mask the fact that our blood is red when we bleed.

Be responsible for your own speech, be mindful of how others would feel. Some people are here to instigate, some are here to monitor, some are normal people like you and me. Keep this place a place where we can chill out and a place where we can find solace at the end of the day.

We are all different in terms of skin colour and culture, but bear in mind that as a Singaporean, we won't be where we are without racial harmony.

annihilatorj2x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Many people keep forgetting that when online, almost everything can be tracked.
And it'll be way easier to others to dig things online than prove a real-life casual remark where one can easily deny =:p

If the EDMW CSI team can do it (looking at some recent cases), so can the authorities.

So think through before posting, especially when engaging in flaming threads where tensions fly high.

eflash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually I am a bit confused regarding s7(e) forums conduct

if no one participates in flame war, so how does a "war" of flaming even starts?

Questin

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It starts when some people think they are acting tough by imitating real life gangster arguments on an internet forum.

The flame war in hardware clinic still going on hours after Vijay's warning sticky at 6:38pm. Looks like the people flaming in there really heck care.

bwaysaigong

Reaction score
There are millions of racist jokes out there.

singaporeans just don't have a sense of humour.

Government jokes cannot say.
Races jokes cannot say. (But can say Chinese one).
Army jokes cannot say.

Can only use animals jokes

Questin

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bwaysaigong said:
Hmm.....

Internet forums are free for all to voice out their opinion isn't it?

This is the same kind of mis-conception as "Free speech is free leh that means i can say anything i want!".

Firstly internet forums USUALLY have rules. Whether the rules are enforced or not is a different story. So what you can normally say on a forum is within those rules. And even then...if the owner of the forum, the guy who pays all the bills says "I know what you posted is within the rules, but i still want to ban people for fun."...what are you going to do? He OWNS the forum leh. He can ban people for including the letter "a" in their messages if he wants to, even if its not within the rules.

What i dont get is what is so difficult about voicing your opinion in a calm, mature way. Just because its the internet a lot of people think that by acting like an Ah Beng online, they can get respect for being "tough". Really strange sia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.