Dr Martens Working Shoes

deathan9el

Honorary Mentor
Joined
Jun 27, 2005
Messages
448,138
Reaction score
98,398
ok thx

but me see DMs e models nt so varied
just color/tone/cuts difference :o
 

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2012
Messages
37,227
Reaction score
10,783
I had another pair of Doc Martens even older than this pair ... they looked like this ...

433b49aae1be7d94e804f9323c90d377.jpg


... but if I remember correctly mine didn't have the yellow stitching.

Also same thing, soles hardly saw any wear over the years. Unfortunately around 10 or so years ago I wore them once to work at another client's installation because I left my safety shoes at the usual place I am assigned ... top of the toe area of right shoe (if I remember correctly) scraped on something and took the top layer of leather off. I mourned the loss of that pair of shoes :sad:
 

deathan9el

Honorary Mentor
Joined
Jun 27, 2005
Messages
448,138
Reaction score
98,398
Their business cmi liao, the quality also drop.
Probably no longer be on my radar

but in anw ... if u wear a DM at least u'll 'stand-out' frm e rest of e usual crowd :o

tht time when it was in a rage .. me didn't buy any acty
'cos it's like everyone wears it :spin:
 

Konnichiwa

Banned
Joined
Feb 25, 2009
Messages
40,254
Reaction score
2,486
I had another pair of Doc Martens even older than this pair ... they looked like this ...

433b49aae1be7d94e804f9323c90d377.jpg


... but if I remember correctly mine didn't have the yellow stitching.

Also same thing, soles hardly saw any wear over the years. Unfortunately around 10 or so years ago I wore them once to work at another client's installation because I left my safety shoes at the usual place I am assigned ... top of the toe area of right shoe (if I remember correctly) scraped on something and took the top layer of leather off. I mourned the loss of that pair of shoes :sad:

Is the upper leather durable? I remember my pair Long sho... leather is flaking after sometime...

Red Wings quality better but very expensive per pair.... should last more than 10 years... easily resoleable
 

Sultana

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2016
Messages
29,349
Reaction score
6,266
Dr. Marten shoes really last. Bought in the 90s & so lasting...thread stitches instead of glue, sole is very good PU...
 

zensushi

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
58,439
Reaction score
10,768
GPGT:
RIchjVx.jpg


FhuID7I.jpg


XcgDfEd.jpg
I tell you this pair of shoes is coming to 20 years old if not already 20 years old, y'all believe?

Don't count the peeling on the insoles, you don't see that when I wear the shoes ... I think apart from the pitting of the metal being the telltale sign, there's no other way to tell this pair of Doc Martens is that old, no? :o

Yes, 'cos my own pair should be about 15 years old, if not older... :s22: :s13:
 

Reborn

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2001
Messages
44,105
Reaction score
17,377
Dr Martens the older generation used to be very durable and lasting. Not sure about the newer generation though. Is it still as good? The shoes are not really suitable for daily wear though. Most of them are quite heavy and not comfy.

But they have a new generation that is more light weight. Can try that out if you want something lighter and more comfy. I personally haven't tried it before.

Although I haven't tried the newer generations, they do look well built. Will someone who has tried the newer generations give some review? Is it durable like before?

But as with all Dr Martens shoes, they always give me the vibes that it is more like army boots that is strong and durable than something suitable for daily casual wear because of its bulkiness and weight.

I think the sales in Singapore is not doing too well? Don't see much people wearing it. And the warehouse used to hold sales and sell at large discount. Are these signs of overstock?
 
Last edited:

SatkiSasuke

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2012
Messages
17,208
Reaction score
511
I don't remember exactly but mine even if not 20 years also confirm got more than 15 years and coming closer to 20 :eek: I wear them maybe only around 5 times in a year and surprisingly the soles are still good. The only problem is the leather sort of un-seasoned itself and the topline (at least, I think that's the correct term for it ... the edge in contact with your ankle) causes blister on my ankle like a brand new shoe.

Compared to a pair of Kings safety shoes I indented from work (and I had to top up cash from my own pocket to upgrade to Kings), I left it alone for over a year in my shoe cabinet because my existing pair of safety shoes were still good ... when I finally wore the Kings for the very 1st time the soles crumbled a bit with every step I took and there was a trail of sole fragments behind me ... I felt like I was The Incredible Melting Man or something :eek:
Saf crumbled boots you mean

Sent from My Imagination using GAGT
 

Mancunian2

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2006
Messages
82,864
Reaction score
7,415
Dr. Marten shoes really last. Bought in the 90s & so lasting...thread stitches instead of glue, sole is very good PU...
those in the 90s were made in england (northampton to be exact)

current ones are made in china or thailand, quality has dropped noticeably
 

Reborn

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2001
Messages
44,105
Reaction score
17,377
those in the 90s were made in england (northampton to be exact)

current ones are made in china or thailand, quality has dropped noticeably

I think China, Thailand, vietnam right? Don't see the England ones anymore. Are they really not as durable?
 

charliebrown

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28,300
Reaction score
4,852
new pair confirm ur feet bister gao gao...
shoe also weight a ton. need to get use to it.

no doubt it's damm durable.
 

Mancunian2

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2006
Messages
82,864
Reaction score
7,415
I think China, Thailand, vietnam right? Don't see the England ones anymore. Are they really not as durable?
noticeable difference

old ones the upper leather can last 10-20 years, new ones don't think can last 10 years

(but the soles have improved, the new ones don't seem to wear out at all)
 
Last edited:

muddywaters

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2012
Messages
46,315
Reaction score
2,980
Can SAF boots. Cover with long pants satki.

Confirm the boots can last and comfortable. People do long road march in it, don't say you just walk across blocks only.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top