DVB TV Tuner Thread II [consolidated]

PoloBoiBoi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mod:
This thread is for all discussion on TV tuners add ons via USB or other means.
For reception and other issues, please use the reception thread and for general discussions, use the DTV thread.

Singapore: plans to complete the switchover to digital broadcasting in line with ASEAN's commitment to switchover to digital broadcasting between 2015 and 2020. When switchover is completed, analogue signals will have been phased out and all of MediaCorp’s free-to-air TV channels will be broadcast fully in digital.

Anyone using DVBviewer on Mygica T230? Which version is stable? And are you able to tune if Tuner Type set to cable?

i using T230C though, with DVBViewer 4.9.5

i can tune with cable settings using QAM256

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Housekeeping also need to copy over the stuff like frequency list leh. :o

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i using T230C though, with DVBViewer 4.9.5

i can tune with cable settings using QAM256

Hmm, my TV stick only state "T230" without the "C".

So far, any version above v5.3.0 doesn't really work well on my system. Will give the version you mentioned a try. Tks.

cybertech

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know why Ch8 ChU HD not showing english subtitles when Ch8 ChU Analogue will show the eng subtitles? Is on the same USB TV tuner card TBS 5281 DUAL DVBC BDA TUNERS using DVB Dream software. Check everything but just could not figure out which settings problem.

Channel 8 HD with no english subtitles
4KdbtNQ.png

Channel 8 Analogue with english subtitles
IVdusKW.png

Channel U HD with no english subtitles
6KIZCuY.png

Channel U Analogue with english subtitles
jPKSUv0.png

Last edited:

PoloBoiBoi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know why Ch8 ChU HD not showing english subtitles when Ch8 ChU Analogue will show the eng subtitles? Is on the same USB TV tuner card TBS 5281 DUAL DVBC BDA TUNERS using DVB Dream software. Check everything but just could not figure out which settings problem.

Channel 8 HD with no english subtitles
4KdbtNQ.png

IVdusKW.png

Channel U HD with no english subtitles
6KIZCuY.png

jPKSUv0.png

did you turn the subtitles on? did you switch the subtitles to english? not all programmes have subtitles

cybertech

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
did you turn the subtitles on? did you switch the subtitles to english? not all programmes have subtitles

Those screen captured I posted all same programmes and from the same software, just that for HD no english sub whereas Analogue it will show english sub. No options in DVB Dream software to set subtitles, maybe I will try other TV software like DVB Viewer.

PoloBoiBoi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those screen captured I posted all same programmes and from the same software, just that for HD no english sub whereas Analogue it will show english sub. No options in DVB Dream software to set subtitles, maybe I will try other TV software like DVB Viewer.

kodi has it
G3d7WrQ.png

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

analog video's subtitle is hardcoded.

dtv's subtitle is generated by the box/tv and overlayed on video, you can choose the language. you have to do a one-time setup.

PoloBoiBoi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How u stream from kodi is it live ? Can share?

yep it's live because its from the DVB-T2 tuner

just like what batuchka said you need to install nextPVR, tune the channels then setup PVR Client addon on kodi

whoooo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kodi needs a backend already set up and TV channels viewed frontend via Kodi loh ^^ For me backend is NPVR

yep it's live because its from the DVB-T2 tuner

just like what batuchka said you need to install nextPVR, tune the channels then setup PVR Client addon on kodi
Many thanks both, I thought got live link and no need the t2 tuner ....too many gadget clutter the TV area for me. Thank u

caramon

Reaction score
For those using dvb-c, any idea will you able to watch all the starhub channels when they have free viewing during special occasion??

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Many thanks both, I thought got live link and no need the t2 tuner ....too many gadget clutter the TV area for me. Thank u

There are live links.

SG!TV addon from kodi official repo.

720p video, good enough.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.