Everything about the iPhone X

swgj86

Master Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
3,995
Reaction score
127
Anyone faced the issue of the screen not dimming after tap to wake?

Two days ago, noticed my lock screen did not go to sleep after I tapped it to check for notifications. Had to manually turn screen off w power button. At night sleeping time check phone and the screen remained on as well.

Did a hard reset last night and everything back to normal. Screen timeout was 30 seconds all along.
 

jungon

Master Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2004
Messages
2,849
Reaction score
430
Yes me too. Need to reboot the phone

Anyone faced the issue of the screen not dimming after tap to wake?

Two days ago, noticed my lock screen did not go to sleep after I tapped it to check for notifications. Had to manually turn screen off w power button. At night sleeping time check phone and the screen remained on as well.

Did a hard reset last night and everything back to normal. Screen timeout was 30 seconds all along.
 

siron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2000
Messages
10,542
Reaction score
2
Although the screen size on paper is the largest among iPhones. It doesn't feel so in reality! So many apps still not optimise to use the extra top and bottom empty spaces. And its alot narrower compared to the PLUS.

Anyway I am still loving my iPhone X! :)
 

arcturuz

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2001
Messages
99,510
Reaction score
12,780
Although the screen size on paper is the largest among iPhones. It doesn't feel so in reality! So many apps still not optimise to use the extra top and bottom empty spaces. And its alot narrower compared to the PLUS.

Anyway I am still loving my iPhone X! :)

it's okay, 10 months later can buy iPhone X-plus!
 

speedster4005

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2007
Messages
2,164
Reaction score
1
Anyone faced the issue of the screen not dimming after tap to wake?

Two days ago, noticed my lock screen did not go to sleep after I tapped it to check for notifications. Had to manually turn screen off w power button. At night sleeping time check phone and the screen remained on as well.

Did a hard reset last night and everything back to normal. Screen timeout was 30 seconds all along.

Another issues too:
1. Music stops when the screen dims/off.
2. Music via bluetooth to earphones/speakers stutters.
3. Animation stutters when swiping on any stock apps (mail, note, settings)

All are resolved when rebooting the device.
 

Eidekos

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2013
Messages
1,013
Reaction score
1
You cannot screenshot a burn-in as it’s a screen defect, not software.

okay, well I cannot simulate this again. I'm just curious. Tap to wake then face ID authenticates waiting to swipe up and background of notification shows up. Weird.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,164
Reaction score
3,192
okay, well I cannot simulate this again. I'm just curious. Tap to wake then face ID authenticates waiting to swipe up and background of notification shows up. Weird.
Well, that happened when you are swiping up from the middle of the screen instead of where the home bar is. That is not a burn-in. It just brings up your older notifications.
 

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2003
Messages
21,481
Reaction score
3,166
okay, well I cannot simulate this again. I'm just curious. Tap to wake then face ID authenticates waiting to swipe up and background of notification shows up. Weird.

try reboot yr phone. iOS 11 is choke full of bugs.
 

Eidekos

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2013
Messages
1,013
Reaction score
1
Well, that happened when you are swiping up from the middle of the screen instead of where the home bar is. That is not a burn-in. It just brings up your older notifications.

This I know. I didn't swipe in the middle. Its just there. well Ill try reboot and will observe again.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top