Everything about the iPhone X

Thesail61

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2017
Messages
99
Reaction score
0
For those who pick up the phone from Apple Store Orchard, may I check if we are able to ask the staff not to open up the box/power up the device? Basically collect & leave?

yes you can but best is to open and check for scratches...etc even if you are buying it as a present, its good to check thoroughly.
 

jeff119

Master Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
2,877
Reaction score
22
Yes. very disappointing.
If I on TT, it will look like I have night shift on.
Look like people put oil on my screen. :s13:

Hi guys!!
I am back. I received my new iPhone X on Friday.
My new iPhone X screen is much much better.
Just a slight yellow tint under certain lighting.
In fact, I can even use it with TT on now.
I am certain my refunded iphone x had a defective screen that somehow passed their QC.
The screen is very impressive.
OLED colours really look much better than LCD.
But texts during scrolling is less smooth than prev iPhones.
Can see a bit of ghosting but wdv. haha

Anyway, I noticed that I can no longer zoom in as much on my photos after I restore my phone to my backup. Now I can only zoom in as much as the double tap zoom. Anyone having this issue? :s22:
 

i.Singaporean

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2012
Messages
1,942
Reaction score
334
Hi guys!!
I am back. I received my new iPhone X on Friday.
My new iPhone X screen is much much better.
Just a slight yellow tint under certain lighting.
In fact, I can even use it with TT on now.
I am certain my refunded iphone x had a defective screen that somehow passed their QC.
The screen is very impressive.
OLED colours really look much better than LCD.
But texts during scrolling is less smooth than prev iPhones.
Can see a bit of ghosting but wdv. haha

Anyway, I noticed that I can no longer zoom in as much on my photos after I restore my phone to my backup. Now I can only zoom in as much as the double tap zoom. Anyone having this issue? :s22:

Already on my 3rd iPhone X.. all of them have yellow tint(very obvious when compared to my MBP and iPhone 7)

Have 2 iPhone X on hand now and I have initiated return for both of them have until Dec 12 to return them for refund

Don't know if I should keep playing the lottery or deal with the yellow tint :s22::s22::s22:
 
Last edited:

jeff119

Master Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
2,877
Reaction score
22
Already on my 3rd iPhone X.. all of them have yellow tint(very obvious when compared to my MBP and iPhone 7)

Have 2 iPhone X on hand now and I have initiated return for both of them have until Dec 12 to return them for refund

Don't know if I should keep playing the lottery or deal with the yellow tint :s22::s22::s22:

Try go settings adjust the colour a bit?
I think the nature of these OLED screens are slightly yellowish/warm.
I have seen many display sets. A lot of them are a bit yellow compared to older iPhones.

But at the end of the day, I think is expectations.
For me if similar to Apple display sets, I happy already.
My previous phone, it is so yellowish with TT off until I have to tint my phone to make use of the OLED blue shift to even out my screen.
Instant refund. Haha
 

deathst

Master Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2010
Messages
3,451
Reaction score
2
Hi guys!!
I am back. I received my new iPhone X on Friday.
My new iPhone X screen is much much better.
Just a slight yellow tint under certain lighting.
In fact, I can even use it with TT on now.
I am certain my refunded iphone x had a defective screen that somehow passed their QC.
The screen is very impressive.
OLED colours really look much better than LCD.
But texts during scrolling is less smooth than prev iPhones.
Can see a bit of ghosting but wdv. haha

Anyway, I noticed that I can no longer zoom in as much on my photos after I restore my phone to my backup. Now I can only zoom in as much as the double tap zoom. Anyone having this issue? :s22:
Yellow tint is likely due to True Tone which is something you can disable in display settings.

As for your zoom problem. I have not noticed it
 

deathst

Master Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2010
Messages
3,451
Reaction score
2
Already on my 3rd iPhone X.. all of them have yellow tint(very obvious when compared to my MBP and iPhone 7)

Have 2 iPhone X on hand now and I have initiated return for both of them have until Dec 12 to return them for refund

Don't know if I should keep playing the lottery or deal with the yellow tint :s22::s22::s22:
True Tone setting turned on?
 

jeff119

Master Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
2,877
Reaction score
22
Yellow tint is likely due to True Tone which is something you can disable in display settings.

As for your zoom problem. I have not noticed it

True Tone setting turned on?


certain phones have yellow tints even with true tone off.
It is just naturally yellowish.
If true tone is on, it is even worse.
Probably screen defect.
It happens with my prev phone, probably the other guy with 3 sets and ppl in the macrumour thread.
 

Nevereatrice

Honorary Member
Joined
May 15, 2015
Messages
146,768
Reaction score
27,316
Already on my 3rd iPhone X.. all of them have yellow tint(very obvious when compared to my MBP and iPhone 7)

Have 2 iPhone X on hand now and I have initiated return for both of them have until Dec 12 to return them for refund

Don't know if I should keep playing the lottery or deal with the yellow tint :s22::s22::s22:

My second iphone X also has this yellow tint :s22: don't know if this is normal or defect
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top