Everything about the iPhone X

oric1

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2001
Messages
1,795
Reaction score
96
Any video players that is optimised for iPhone X to recommend? Was using VLC previously, and they are not optimised yet.

I'm using avplayer been using it since iPhone4s

Wa sian need to pay. Don’t even know whether it is good?

I've used many media players and once I started using Infuse, I stopped using the rest for the last 3 years. Their UI is one of the best you can find on the App Store and it can play any format (paid version). They also have free version.

https://firecore.com/

infuse56-x_2x.jpg
 

oric1

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2001
Messages
1,795
Reaction score
96
Last edited:

jeffprobst

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2001
Messages
88,893
Reaction score
13,601

oric1

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2001
Messages
1,795
Reaction score
96
ok. maybe will go try it out. :D
ex reh for full paid version
thanks

It's a very good app and they constantly updating it with new features, that's why I don't mind paying for it.

I've it on my iPhone X, iPad Pro 12.9" & Apple TV 4K.
 

VodkaPear

Master Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2012
Messages
2,708
Reaction score
125
It's a very good app and they constantly updating it with new features, that's why I don't mind paying for it.

I've it on my iPhone X, iPad Pro 12.9" & Apple TV 4K.

full version can play any file format?

I using it (free ver) for my Apple TV to play movies from my NAS.
But some files can't play.

if really can play all files, I can consider getting it.

Once got the full version for Apple TV, need buy again for iOS?
 

oric1

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2001
Messages
1,795
Reaction score
96
full version can play any file format?

I using it (free ver) for my Apple TV to play movies from my NAS.
But some files can't play.

if really can play all files, I can consider getting it.

Once got the full version for Apple TV, need buy again for iOS?

Yes, confirmed + chopped can play all formats.

From their website:

Video
3GP
AVI
ASF
BDMV
DIVX
DVDMEDIA
DVR-MS
FLV
ISO/IMG
M2TS
M4V
MKV
MOV
MP4
MPEG
MTS
OGM
OGV
TS
VIDEO_TS
WEBM
WMV
WTV

Audio Tracks
AAC
AC3
E-AC3
DTS
DTS-HD MA
FLAC
MP3
OGG
TRUEHD
WMA

Subtitles
DVB
DVDSUB
MICRODVD
MPL2
PGS
SMI
SSA/ASS
SRT
SUB
TIMED TEXT
TMP
TXT
VOBSUB
XSUB
 

RocketBunny

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2015
Messages
8,153
Reaction score
412
Yep infuse is a very solid app. Paid for it last time. But since the infuse 5 I never go upgrade liao.
 

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2005
Messages
20,321
Reaction score
1,819
I've used many media players and once I started using Infuse, I stopped using the rest for the last 3 years. Their UI is one of the best you can find on the App Store and it can play any format (paid version). They also have free version.

https://firecore.com/

infuse56-x_2x.jpg

ok. maybe will go try it out. :D
ex reh for full paid version
thanks

It's a very good app and they constantly updating it with new features, that's why I don't mind paying for it.

I've it on my iPhone X, iPad Pro 12.9" & Apple TV 4K.

full version can play any file format?

I using it (free ver) for my Apple TV to play movies from my NAS.
But some files can't play.

if really can play all files, I can consider getting it.

Once got the full version for Apple TV, need buy again for iOS?

Yes, confirmed + chopped can play all formats.

From their website:

Video
3GP
AVI
ASF
BDMV
DIVX
DVDMEDIA
DVR-MS
FLV
ISO/IMG
M2TS
M4V
MKV
MOV
MP4
MPEG
MTS
OGM
OGV
TS
VIDEO_TS
WEBM
WMV
WTV

Audio Tracks
AAC
AC3
E-AC3
DTS
DTS-HD MA
FLAC
MP3
OGG
TRUEHD
WMA

Subtitles
DVB
DVDSUB
MICRODVD
MPL2
PGS
SMI
SSA/ASS
SRT
SUB
TIMED TEXT
TMP
TXT
VOBSUB
XSUB

Just went to explore this Infuse Pro and not sure if it's really worth to pay $17.98 for it. I also want a good video player to fully utilise my X.
 

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2005
Messages
10,410
Reaction score
100
Yea very ex. Player xtreme pro is much cheaper.

However I didn’t do any comparison between the both.
 
Last edited:

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2005
Messages
20,321
Reaction score
1,819
If its like 7 bucks and lower i may pay. But 18 bucks? im not so sure.

Yea very ex. Player xtreme pro is much cheaper.

However I didn’t do any comparison between the both.

Get the subscription loh. One year $9.48 I think.

The 18$ only get updates for v5.

Because I wan t it to update future versions too, so I suppose subscription is the way to go.

So I only need to download the standard Infuse 5 then activate 1 mth free trial with subscription thereafter?
 

oric1

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2001
Messages
1,795
Reaction score
96
Because I wan t it to update future versions too, so I suppose subscription is the way to go.

So I only need to download the standard Infuse 5 then activate 1 mth free trial with subscription thereafter?

Yes, that is correct.

S$9.48/year is equivalent to S$0.79/month.

If you do the math, subscription model is more value for money than one-time purchase of the Infuse Pro v5 @ S$17.98.

The annual subscription model will cover all future updates (even major ones like v6, v7, etc...), whereas the one-time purchase model only covers all v5 minor updates (e.g. 5.1, 5.2, 5.6.3, etc).

https://itunes.apple.com/sg/app/infuse-5/id1136220934?mt=8
 

aztech44

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2008
Messages
12,434
Reaction score
6
Wah the infuse can even get ATV kodi installed :eek:

Tempting to get ATV to replace my dying android play
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top