Exchange Rate - Part 2

kkboy1

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
1,774
Reaction score
50
Youtrip withdrawal only $5 fee at any atm? Is there any other atm charges?
 

naxchua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
14,556
Reaction score
218
Now I m on my way to raffles place to settle my outpro stuff then go arcade and change money...
 

naxchua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
14,556
Reaction score
218
Today's rate at arcade for TWD is about 21.
Can share the rate when u are done? Waterway Point money changer rate only 21-x
I only managed to change TWD$21.97... Most of the money changer either is 21.08 to 21.93 or no stock... Not sure why... I only checked 2nd level...
 

kkboy1

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
1,774
Reaction score
50
Hi. Anyone have the exact location of the ATM that can withdraw greater than NTD 20k in one single withdrawal using youtrip? The exchange rate is better using this method and if I can withdraw like $2000+ at one go, I can save on the S$5 fee per withdrawal. I am looking at ATM nearby Taipei Main station or Airport. If it is a short metro ride with Taipei Main Station will also be OK. I see from the chats above, I should be looking for Cathay Bank ATM, correct?

If feasible, this is first time trying my hands on ATM withdrawal in a foreign country.
:p I see from youtrip website, need to select "saving account", and select "local currency". Anything else to take note? Revolut is not an option as the exchange rate is not as good as youtrip?
I am intending to do this too. Not sure airport got atm to withdraw?
 

Seifer28

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2005
Messages
7,287
Reaction score
276
I am intending to do this too. Not sure airport got atm to withdraw?
sure have ATM lah.... which airport got no ATM?
the only issue is whether you only want to withdraw 20k or you want to withdraw more

otherwise, just bring abit of cash and exchange at the money changer at the luggage area before you exit the immigrations
 

Seifer28

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2005
Messages
7,287
Reaction score
276
Today's rate at arcade for TWD is about 21.

I only managed to change TWD$21.97... Most of the money changer either is 21.08 to 21.93 or no stock... Not sure why... I only checked 2nd level...
bro, then why even change when its so low?
 

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2010
Messages
42,717
Reaction score
737
Today's rate at arcade for TWD is about 21.

I only managed to change TWD$21.97... Most of the money changer either is 21.08 to 21.93 or no stock... Not sure why... I only checked 2nd level...
It happened way back on the 15-16/11 week. Like no input ntd one.
 

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2010
Messages
42,717
Reaction score
737
i last time alw walk in to DBS bank TW change money because they usually have the best rates vs other banks in TW even after accounting for their 1% txn fee :p
That was the 12-19 times if i recall well.
Now need to know which one can withdraw more than 20K if not, doesnt seems worthy to withdraw using yourrip.
 
Last edited:

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2010
Messages
42,717
Reaction score
737
erm... will the rates be good at taoyuan airport??
No.
exchange at airport is lower than Singapore’s arcade and also incur a small 30ntd/transaction.
Any change now, no idea as i rarely change at taoyuan airport anymore.
 

ApeTruelove

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2009
Messages
7,139
Reaction score
2,081
No.
exchange at airport is lower than Singapore’s arcade and also incur a small 30ntd/transaction.
Any change now, no idea as i rarely change at taoyuan airport anymore.
Yes now Taoyuan airport rate lower than Singapore already..
 

Seifer28

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2005
Messages
7,287
Reaction score
276
That was the 12-19 times if i recall well.
Now need to know which one can withdraw more than 20K if not, doesnt seems worthy to withdraw using yourrip.
BY RIGHT,
Youtrip is wu hua one.... coz i used UOB AMEX Absolute to topup grabpay then topup youtrip.... this gets me 1.7% rebate right away
BUT they just nerf-ed the function.... so right away from wu hua become maybe bo hua
If anyone want to check youtrip exchange rate real time can refer to below link:
https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/personal/get-support/convert-currency.htmlOn top put ur TWD and amount
Below put ur SGD
Bank Fee put 0%
 

Joelleyuan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2005
Messages
10,263
Reaction score
3,793
very bad rate now...
I'm flying 23rd Dec,
you guys think the rate will go up again or may be even worse??
 

Seifer28

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2005
Messages
7,287
Reaction score
276
Single withdrawal limit
Shanghai bank: 40k
Fubon bank: 150k
Rest of the banks all 20k

Im not sure how accurate the above data is.... someone can go try and let us know
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top