Exchange Rate - Part 2

koolkool

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2006
Messages
659
Reaction score
80
Hi. Thanks.
Single withdrawal limit
Shanghai bank: 40k
Fubon bank: 150k
Rest of the banks all 20k

Im not sure how accurate the above data is.... someone can go try and let us know
Hi. Thanks for the info.
Shanghai bank is 上海商業儲蓄銀行 and Fubon bank is 台北富邦商業銀行?
 

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2010
Messages
42,717
Reaction score
737
Single withdrawal limit
Shanghai bank: 40k
Fubon bank: 150k
Rest of the banks all 20k

Im not sure how accurate the above data is.... someone can go try and let us know
I asked my tw colleague.
Saws those with booth can draw more.
Those small atm is max 20K.
No try dunno.
 

Seifer28

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2005
Messages
7,283
Reaction score
275
I asked my tw colleague.
Saws those with booth can draw more.
Those small atm is max 20K.
No try dunno.
the rules for withdrawal limit for intra-bank and inter-bank is totally different.
for our case its inter-bank and the info i got online is as per my previous post:

Shanghai bank: 40k
Fubon bank: 150k
Rest of the banks all 20k
 

Obviouslylah

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2022
Messages
96
Reaction score
25
Sharing my dp in taiwan. Used revolut to withdraw money from bank of taiwan atm yesterday exchange rate is 22.5. No fees
 
Last edited:

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2010
Messages
42,717
Reaction score
737
the rules for withdrawal limit for intra-bank and inter-bank is totally different.
for our case its inter-bank and the info i got online is as per my previous post:

Shanghai bank: 40k
Fubon bank: 150k
Rest of the banks all 20k
Then need to find 富邦liao
 

koolkool

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2006
Messages
659
Reaction score
80
Hi guys, those who went to Taiwan recently, once exit the immigration out to terminal 1, can you recall what are the ATMs you spotted? I try to google and search the exact location of the ATMs but can't find much information.
For those who have withdrawn from Taiwan ATM, is there an option I can select English, rather than Chinese? I am afraid I have difficulty reading traditional Chinese and don't want to second guess the meaning and hold up the queue if I need to do google translate.
 

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2010
Messages
42,717
Reaction score
737
Sharing my dp in taiwan. Used revolut to withdraw money from bank of taiwan atm yesterday exchange rate is 22.5. No fees
Hi guys, those who went to Taiwan recently, once exit the immigration out to terminal 1, can you recall what are the ATMs you spotted? I try to google and search the exact location of the ATMs but can't find much information.
For those who have withdrawn from Taiwan ATM, is there an option I can select English, rather than Chinese? I am afraid I have difficulty reading traditional Chinese and don't want to second guess the meaning and hold up the queue if I need to do google translate.
Not many people draw money at the airport
I know the ATMs are at the bus station though
 

Seifer28

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2005
Messages
7,283
Reaction score
275
Hi guys, those who went to Taiwan recently, once exit the immigration out to terminal 1, can you recall what are the ATMs you spotted? I try to google and search the exact location of the ATMs but can't find much information.
For those who have withdrawn from Taiwan ATM, is there an option I can select English, rather than Chinese? I am afraid I have difficulty reading traditional Chinese and don't want to second guess the meaning and hold up the queue if I need to do google translate.
https://www.taipei-airport.com/services.phpdon't worry about holding up the queue.... coz you will be the only one using it 😂
 

Joelleyuan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2005
Messages
10,263
Reaction score
3,798
anybody change money at People's Park Complex?
are the rates there almost as good as arcade?
or the Fountain Money changer that has moved to Marina Sq, are the rates still good?
 
Last edited:

LWZ

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2016
Messages
40,267
Reaction score
15,912
Money changer rates are about 5% worse than spot.
 

Skittish

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2019
Messages
6
Reaction score
5
The money changer rates here are so bad currently. Should I just withdraw at the ATM there?

Let's say I withdraw using Revolut at a 2% fee. If the exchange rate is 22.5, my effective rate is around 22. Is my understanding correct?
 

Seifer28

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2005
Messages
7,283
Reaction score
275
The money changer rates here are so bad currently. Should I just withdraw at the ATM there?

Let's say I withdraw using Revolut at a 2% fee. If the exchange rate is 22.5, my effective rate is around 22. Is my understanding correct?
why use revolut when youtrip's withdrawal fee is only $5 per withdrawal?
Assuming u withdraw 20k NTD and its $5 withdrawal fee.... its only 0.56%?
 

Seifer28

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2005
Messages
7,283
Reaction score
275
Now changing in tw is better today!
22.05 vs 21.4!
i think given the special position of having the luxury of alot of fintechs in Singapore, we really should embrace them for our best benefits.... ie. proven and tested that fintech cards give better exchange rates via ATM withdrawals because of elimination / minimization of transaction fees.... why still bother to use cold hard cash and go to money changers or banks to change? Money changers will not keep stock if they cannot buy high sell low and TW banks are obviously not so interested in keeping forex because of the gloomy outlook?
 

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2010
Messages
42,717
Reaction score
737
i think given the special position of having the luxury of alot of fintechs in Singapore, we really should embrace them for our best benefits.... ie. proven and tested that fintech cards give better exchange rates via ATM withdrawals because of elimination / minimization of transaction fees.... why still bother to use cold hard cash and go to money changers or banks to change? Money changers will not keep stock if they cannot buy high sell low and TW banks are obviously not so interested in keeping forex because of the gloomy outlook?
I am a step higher for the last case.
TT is the way.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top