Exchange Rate - Part 2

Seifer28

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2005
Messages
7,283
Reaction score
275
means per transaction right? not per day right? so meaning i can just requeue to draw another time i ilets say need 30k
daily limit is subject to the card you are using to withdraw
ie. Youtrip can only withdraw 5k SGD equivalent per day
 

Seifer28

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2005
Messages
7,283
Reaction score
275
Is there any ATM at airport where I can withdraw more than 20k NTD per withdrawal with my youtrip card?
you might want to try their post office ATM
I'm pretty sure there's a post office in the airport but im not too sure where their ATM is
 

darcbleu

Senior Member
Joined
May 27, 2003
Messages
964
Reaction score
239
daily limit is subject to the card you are using to withdraw
ie. Youtrip can only withdraw 5k SGD equivalent per day
i see. so i can withdraw up to $5K SGD per day but their single transaction only allow $20k NTD.
good good.

i tried at my last week trip, i thought only can withdraw $20k per day. haha.

but it is easy enough.

the ATM of BOT also easily can be found, just beside immigration at T2 Taoyuan
 

Duncallmebro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2018
Messages
10,229
Reaction score
2,554
sTWUxLb.jpg

Bro, pink colour leh.
outside airport maybe don't have this pink colour lightbox but BoT atm also not purple, is maroon.
The currency exchange one then is Purpleish.
Anyway, currency exchange one will write damn big "currency exchange", hard to mistake lah.
Managed to get at a rate of 22.82 (20k ntd for $876.33). Paid $5 YouTrip fee, still good deal compared to sg money changers
 

huatson

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2014
Messages
749
Reaction score
9
Reached Taoyuan Airport today at 6am, managed to find Bank Of Taiwan ATM after clearing the custom and collection of baggages, withdraw NTD20K at SGD873.02 with trust Visa card link to saving account! Work out to be around 22.90 (round down), it is so much better than SG or the money changer at Taoyuan airport (22.4)
 

Duncallmebro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2018
Messages
10,229
Reaction score
2,554
Hi, do u know if youtrip can be used widely in taiwan or most places use cash only?
I think depends on what kind of places you intend to visit. Museums, department stores and mid-range non-family run restaurants usually accept MasterCard. But cash is still used at many small scale shops
 

koster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 26, 2012
Messages
11,021
Reaction score
3,761
I think depends on what kind of places you intend to visit. Museums, department stores and mid-range non-family run restaurants usually accept MasterCard. But cash is still used at many small scale shops

Thanks. Look like I still have to exchange abt half of my expenses to cash.
 

spuispui

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2013
Messages
1,002
Reaction score
15
Reached Taoyuan Airport today at 6am, managed to find Bank Of Taiwan ATM after clearing the custom and collection of baggages, withdraw NTD20K at SGD873.02 with trust Visa card link to saving account! Work out to be around 22.90 (round down), it is so much better than SG or the money changer at Taoyuan airport (22.4)
To clarify, trust card link to saving account is “card is paired with savings account”? So what I need to do is to deposit money into saving account and head to BOT atm to withdraw the money and to select withdraw from saving account instead of current account. Am I right with the steps? TIA!
 

Lordzephyr9

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2006
Messages
16,435
Reaction score
1
Can I check if withdrawing from BOT atm using trust card is by default withdrawing from savings account and not cash advance?
 

huatson

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2014
Messages
749
Reaction score
9
To clarify, trust card link to saving account is “card is paired with savings account”? So what I need to do is to deposit money into saving account and head to BOT atm to withdraw the money and to select withdraw from saving account instead of current account. Am I right with the steps? TIA!
What I did before reaching tpe:
1) Open and set up a trust bank saving account via app

2) as I already had a Trust CC, I would need to go to the Trust app and pair the CC to the Trust Bank saving account upon saving account approval, this is important if not you will incur cash advance fee. At the same time set the up PIN number as well

3) Top up monies via fast or paynow to the Trust Bank saving account

4) go to BOT ATM, and withdraw monies via saving account option, max twd20k per transaction, can reque and withdraw again!
 

Toopidduck_

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2019
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
To clarify, trust card link to saving account is “card is paired with savings account”? So what I need to do is to deposit money into saving account and head to BOT atm to withdraw the money and to select withdraw from saving account instead of current account. Am I right with the steps? TIA!
yes... only select withdraw from Savings account...
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top