Exchange Rate - Part 2

Toopidduck_

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2019
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
What I did before reaching tpe:
1) Open and set up a trust bank saving account via app

2) as I already had a Trust CC, I would need to go to the Trust app and pair the CC to the Trust Bank saving account upon saving account approval, this is important if not you will incur cash advance fee. At the same time set the up PIN number as well

3) Top up monies via fast or paynow to the Trust Bank saving account

4) go to BOT ATM, and withdraw monies via saving account option, max twd20k per transaction, can reque and withdraw again!

based on naxchua post, no need to do pairing if you are withdrawing from ATM... I think the screenshot from Trust Bank...

Withdrawing from ATM, no need to do pairing...

Only do pairing if you want your CC to deduct from your savings account on terminal... meaning make ur CC become a DC... refer to below screenshot for explanation... hope it's clear... :)

 

kiryu86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2017
Messages
11,574
Reaction score
6,385
wow i do have trust card

so all i have to do is find that pink atm machine.

change my card pairing to savings account.

put money into my trust savings account.

and go to the atm there and withdraw from saving account?

and i am good to go?

i only need to withdraw SGD300, so any fees for this?
 

|XterA|

Master Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2012
Messages
2,928
Reaction score
30
wow i do have trust card

so all i have to do is find that pink atm machine.

change my card pairing to savings account.

put money into my trust savings account.

and go to the atm there and withdraw from saving account?

and i am good to go?

i only need to withdraw SGD300, so any fees for this?
Yes correct.
Do remember to enable your card for overseas withdrawal.
I tried multiple times at atm and wondering why can’t. Lucky the app prompted me to enable it.
Today rate is 22.66 at bank of Taiwan atm
 

MGeaR356

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
7,505
Reaction score
59
Yes correct.
Do remember to enable your card for overseas withdrawal.
I tried multiple times at atm and wondering why can’t. Lucky the app prompted me to enable it.
Today rate is 22.66 at bank of Taiwan atm
Also remember to set atm pin in trust app.

I assumed the login pin = auto atm pin.

Did like so 4 times in Taoyuan Airport. Got scared as even if there is error and rejected, u will get receipt (it does say wrong pin in one of the lines)

The error pin msg will only appear for 2 secs on screen. So I thot my withdrawal was successful but faulty machine as no money come out lol.

All was good until I asked the bank of Taiwan money changer staff (the atm was beside it) then she said no deduction due to error lol. Set the atm pin in app and 22.66 exchange rate lol
 

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2010
Messages
42,717
Reaction score
737
Rate at the small shops opposite mustafa at 22.4. Mustafa was 22.36.
Eh... I not sure if you know, most will go arcade.
Mustafa rarely made it to the known list.
Do beware of those attractive ones at payer Lebar side, not exactly true to rates published.
 

koster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 26, 2012
Messages
11,021
Reaction score
3,761
Eh... I not sure if you know, most will go arcade.
Mustafa rarely made it to the known list.
Do beware of those attractive ones at payer Lebar side, not exactly true to rates published.

Thanks for sharing. Ya know it's not the best rate at mustafa but went there for the convenience.
 

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2002
Messages
61,734
Reaction score
3,578
So rate around 22.3 or 22.4
isit nt bad liao?

Today I saw Chinatown is 22.40
 
Last edited:

roborovsky

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2011
Messages
9,305
Reaction score
2,310
Nbz, last used youtrip card in Sep.
Just realised it expired in Nov.
But youtrip didn't automatically send new card just like other Mastercard.
And we've to request them to send.
Damn lousy service.

Now I'm unable to receive new card in time for my coming trip on Wed.
 

ruiyao

Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2009
Messages
181
Reaction score
1
Nbz, last used youtrip card in Sep.
Just realised it expired in Nov.
But youtrip didn't automatically send new card just like other Mastercard.
And we've to request them to send.
Damn lousy service.

Now I'm unable to receive new card in time for my coming trip on Wed.
For mine they did ask me if i wan a replacement last yr aug. Iirc a letter and text was send.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top