Exchange Rate - Part 2

kaysee

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2008
Messages
2,480
Reaction score
9
Saw someone last week say Bishan j8 rate good. Pass by today so went to see. 21.27 lol
 

ahber79

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2001
Messages
899
Reaction score
4
Can forget local money changers. Highest I saw is only around 21.4

If use fintech cards in Taiwan, can easily get above 22.6 on average. Even changing at Taiwan money changers cannot get such rates.

Change minimal amount to cash. Most of the time can use the cards. Visa, Mastercard and Easy card are widely available. Only small stalls, like night markets, prefer cash. Some small stalls got no card machines but they accept Line Pay.
 

LWZ

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2016
Messages
40,287
Reaction score
15,922
my Citi credit card's rates turned out to be better than that of the SG money changer I went to...
 

Joelleyuan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2005
Messages
10,265
Reaction score
3,804
On another note, seems like Trust card has better rates compared to Youtrip card.
I'm gonna use Trust Card to withdraw at the ATMs there,
but someone suggest draw minimal cash....
my concern is even if those places that accept cards, not sure if Trust card is usable....🤔
 

Joelleyuan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2005
Messages
10,265
Reaction score
3,804
If you have trustbank card, use it. just switch the link to saving account. the rate is much better than the exchanger. i got 22.5 on average, verse 22.1 with money exchanger beside the atm
Wah I'm so impressed with this Trust Card.
i withdrawed twd10k first, then checked my Trust app, and it showed sgd 440.60 pending.
Meaning the exchange rate is 22.69!
am i correct??
then i went on to withdraw another 13k, since I'm gonna pay the hotel in cash.
 

naxchua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
14,555
Reaction score
218
Wah I'm so impressed with this Trust Card.
i withdrawed twd10k first, then checked my Trust app, and it showed sgd 440.60 pending.
Meaning the exchange rate is 22.69!
am i correct??
then i went on to withdraw another 13k, since I'm gonna pay the hotel in cash.
Yes... The exchange rate is nt$/sg$...

Trust say no fx charges... BTW u withdrawal from ur trust saving account hor? Not credit card account hor? Hahaha
 

Joelleyuan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2005
Messages
10,265
Reaction score
3,804
Yes... The exchange rate is nt$/sg$...

Trust say no fx charges... BTW u withdrawal from ur trust saving account hor? Not credit card account hor? Hahaha
i don't have credit card. Mine is considered debit card bah.
although the atm option is select "credit card", the following option there's a "savings account" option.
Anyway instantly can see from Trust app the amount in SGD they gonna deduct, is great.
 

wenguang

Senior Member
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
921
Reaction score
394
i don't have credit card. Mine is considered debit card bah.
although the atm option is select "credit card", the following option there's a "savings account" option.
Anyway instantly can see from Trust app the amount in SGD they gonna deduct, is great.
yes, trust is great for withdrawal, sunday rate might be slightly bad
 

martin

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2008
Messages
1,946
Reaction score
70
Yes... The exchange rate is nt$/sg$...

Trust say no fx charges... BTW u withdrawal from ur trust saving account hor? Not credit card account hor? Hahaha
I applied for Trust credit card from the app. So when I withdraw from ATM must choose savings account? Means I must open a savings account and link to Trust card?
 

wenguang

Senior Member
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
921
Reaction score
394
I applied for Trust credit card from the app. So when I withdraw from ATM must choose savings account? Means I must open a savings account and link to Trust card?
when you apply trust cc, u never open trust saving account after that?
 

evilduxy

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2007
Messages
35,666
Reaction score
2,734
Wah I'm so impressed with this Trust Card.
i withdrawed twd10k first, then checked my Trust app, and it showed sgd 440.60 pending.
Meaning the exchange rate is 22.69!
am i correct??
then i went on to withdraw another 13k, since I'm gonna pay the hotel in cash.
any specific atm to withdraw or any atm works with trust card?
 

Joelleyuan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2005
Messages
10,265
Reaction score
3,804
any specific atm to withdraw or any atm works with trust card?
i asked @wenguang and you asked me...
really no need specific de. i just walked out from the arrival then so many atms liao i anyhow pick one and they worked fine. gave me so high rate somemore.
 

evilduxy

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2007
Messages
35,666
Reaction score
2,734
i asked @wenguang and you asked me...
really no need specific de. i just walked out from the arrival then so many atms liao i anyhow pick one and they worked fine. gave me so high rate somemore.
oh ok thanks cause i heard some only accept tw card dont accept visa/mastercard all these
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top