Fail to pay brokerage

yang_nastyman

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
2,436
Reaction score
210
shorting is a very very high risk game. even when you think you know everything, murphy's law comes into action.

i am no seasoned investor, but I would never ever encourage anyone to short. fixed upside, uncapped downside. just think of those holding their short positions when tesla was at 1k

the thing you have on your side is time... at least you can start over and continue working.
 

Knightoftheblackrose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2010
Messages
21,808
Reaction score
17,158
5832ba6fe2178.gif
 

Tormented Soul

Master Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2008
Messages
2,816
Reaction score
833
Xiaomi will only continue to increase.

There's a reason why a lot of seasoned investors started whacking on xiaomi recently. Very good earning reports and prospect.

TS can I ask why you short such a potential stock in the first place? And without money that you have... go take personal loan and quickly pay off if not the losses is massive.
 

Mecisteus

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2002
Messages
55,799
Reaction score
12,246
Your timing must be really impeccable to make money through shorting in the long run.

Consider yourself lucky if you make money only once or twice.

Usually shorts targets are the tech stocks or stocks with sky high valuations or no profits.
 

ussr_1991

Banned
Joined
Jan 24, 2007
Messages
5,460
Reaction score
419
Walau. What I eventually did:
- Sell off all the remaining 500k Xiaomi Short DLC at 0.03

Not the best price (Highest was 0.032, I was hoping it to reach 0.035 or even higher) but I managed to sell off before 10am again (Coz one lucky guy who managed to sell 0.051 on Friday was also at before 10am as well) but certainly not the worst price (I sold first 200,000 units on 0.026, and there are times lower than this as well)

- Because of this, the entire thing is like buying DLC Xiaomi short at 0.054 only to sell them at 0.029, nearly 50% loss and take about $19,000 SGD (Cushioned by a single day Meituan $6k profit + other savings, but still short by up to $4k)

- With the sold value, I buy 10,000 units of DLC Xiaomi long at 0.90, only to sell it right after lunch break at 1.105. Not the highest price (1.13) but luckily I managed to earn about $1.9k from it

- There is still open position on 15,000 units of DLC Meituan long, probably will screw me again in a day or 2 time. The average price was 1.085 or so, and I hope to sell it at 1.10 at minimum which will require the price to be back at about 269.60 HKD (Closes 255.60 HKD) at 272.60 HKD for a decent profit (Sell at 1.15)

But according to a chart from Saxo Markets, the BOLL Down line is at 256.40 HKD and therefore the closing price is lower than expected. Hence there is always hope for chionging back to HKD 265.00 or so (10 HKD, or about 4%) to cut loss is always possible.

Unfortunately iOCBC made my trading limit to -$27k, and hence cannot trade anymore. Otherwise I would have enter another 10 to 20k on Meituan long to average the cost to 1.00 or so
 
Last edited:

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,289
Reaction score
5,867
Walau. What I eventually did:
- Sell off all the remaining 500k Xiaomi Short DLC at 0.03

Not the best price (Highest was 0.032, I was hoping it to reach 0.035 or even higher) but I managed to sell off before 10am again (Coz one lucky guy who managed to sell 0.051 on Friday was also at before 10am as well) but certainly not the worst price (I sold first 200,000 units on 0.026, and there are times lower than this as well)

- Because of this, the entire thing is like buying DLC Xiaomi short at 0.054 only to sell them at 0.029, nearly 50% loss and take about $19,000 SGD (Cushioned by a single day Meituan $6k profit + other savings, but still short by up to $4k)

- With the sold value, I buy 10,000 units of DLC Xiaomi long at 0.90, only to sell it right after lunch break at 1.105. Not the highest price (1.13) but luckily I managed to earn about $1.9k from it

- There is still open position on 15,000 units of DLC Meituan long, probably will screw me again in a day or 2 time. The average price was 1.085 or so, and I hope to sell it at 1.10 at minimum which will require the price to be back at about 269.60 HKD (Closes 255.60 HKD) at 272.60 HKD for a decent profit (Sell at 1.15)

But according to a chart from Saxo Markets, the BOLL Down line is at 256.40 HKD and therefore the closing price is lower than expected. Hence there is always hope for chionging back to HKD 265.00 or so (10 HKD, or about 4%) to cut loss is always possible.

Unfortunately iOCBC made my trading limit to -$27k, and hence cannot trade anymore. Otherwise I would have enter another 10 to 20k on Meituan long to average the cost to 1.00 or so
so how u gonna pay up?
 

coolhead

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2007
Messages
52,404
Reaction score
13,587
Walau. What I eventually did:
- Sell off all the remaining 500k Xiaomi Short DLC at 0.03
Not the best price (Highest was 0.032, I was hoping it to reach 0.035 or even higher) but I managed to sell off before 10am again (Coz one lucky guy who managed to sell 0.051 on Friday was also at before 10am as well) but certainly not the worst price (I sold first 200,000 units on 0.026, and there are times lower than this as well)
- Because of this, the entire thing is like buying DLC Xiaomi short at 0.054 only to sell them at 0.029, nearly 50% loss and take about $19,000 SGD (Cushioned by a single day Meituan $6k profit + other savings, but still short by up to $4k)
- With the sold value, I buy 10,000 units of DLC Xiaomi long at 0.90, only to sell it right after lunch break at 1.105. Not the highest price (1.13) but luckily I managed to earn about $1.9k from it
- There is still open position on 15,000 units of DLC Meituan long, probably will screw me again in a day or 2 time. The average price was 1.085 or so, and I hope to sell it at 1.10 at minimum which will require the price to be back at about 269.60 HKD (Closes 255.60 HKD) at 272.60 HKD for a decent profit (Sell at 1.15)
But according to a chart from Saxo Markets, the BOLL Down line is at 256.40 HKD and therefore the closing price is lower than expected. Hence there is always hope for chionging back to HKD 265.00 or so (10 HKD, or about 4%) to cut loss is always possible.
Unfortunately iOCBC made my trading limit to -$27k, and hence cannot trade anymore. Otherwise I would have enter another 10 to 20k on Meituan long to average the cost to 1.00 or so
holy.... the way you trade is damn scary. You should create an account on reddit and post your position on wallstreetbets, can get a yolo award.

At this rate, you will lose your savings.

Posted from PCWX using Redmi K20 Pro
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,289
Reaction score
5,867
holy.... the way you trade is damn scary. You should create an account on reddit and post your position on wallstreetbets, can get a yolo award.

At this rate, you will lose your savings.

Posted from PCWX using Redmi K20 Pro
actually we wouldn't know if it is CSB
 

twkacc

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2016
Messages
43
Reaction score
9
now i think back, this post seems like csb or really got such person in real life?

TS no money liao still keep on gambling? the contra money u see not play play 1 , if lose need pay up leh. seek some help from ur family or relatives.
 

ussr_1991

Banned
Joined
Jan 24, 2007
Messages
5,460
Reaction score
419
how to prove that this is urs?

Easy

1) Get all the PS experts to see if these pics are photoshopped or not.

If yes, then this thread is CSB

2) If the pictures are not ps, then it must be the case where I have access to those screenshots
Which can be either:
A) These photos are taken by me
- So this thread is not CSB
B) I have a friend(s) who trade this way
- EDMW rule no 2, friend = ts
So this thread is not CSB
 

wutawa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2003
Messages
13,355
Reaction score
4,373
But this is ssi, not edmw. Entertaining the troll will not help u make money, unless your objective is to make "frens". Then edmw is a better place for your thread. :s13:
 
Last edited:

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,289
Reaction score
5,867
Easy

1) Get all the PS experts to see if these pics are photoshopped or not.

If yes, then this thread is CSB

2) If the pictures are not ps, then it must be the case where I have access to those screenshots
Which can be either:
A) These photos are taken by me
- So this thread is not CSB
B) I have a friend(s) who trade this way
- EDMW rule no 2, friend = ts
So this thread is not CSB

Sounds CSB
 
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
48,310
Reaction score
7,450
Walau. What I eventually did:
- Sell off all the remaining 500k Xiaomi Short DLC at 0.03

Not the best price (Highest was 0.032, I was hoping it to reach 0.035 or even higher) but I managed to sell off before 10am again (Coz one lucky guy who managed to sell 0.051 on Friday was also at before 10am as well) but certainly not the worst price (I sold first 200,000 units on 0.026, and there are times lower than this as well)

- Because of this, the entire thing is like buying DLC Xiaomi short at 0.054 only to sell them at 0.029, nearly 50% loss and take about $19,000 SGD (Cushioned by a single day Meituan $6k profit + other savings, but still short by up to $4k)

- With the sold value, I buy 10,000 units of DLC Xiaomi long at 0.90, only to sell it right after lunch break at 1.105. Not the highest price (1.13) but luckily I managed to earn about $1.9k from it

- There is still open position on 15,000 units of DLC Meituan long, probably will screw me again in a day or 2 time. The average price was 1.085 or so, and I hope to sell it at 1.10 at minimum which will require the price to be back at about 269.60 HKD (Closes 255.60 HKD) at 272.60 HKD for a decent profit (Sell at 1.15)

But according to a chart from Saxo Markets, the BOLL Down line is at 256.40 HKD and therefore the closing price is lower than expected. Hence there is always hope for chionging back to HKD 265.00 or so (10 HKD, or about 4%) to cut loss is always possible.

Unfortunately iOCBC made my trading limit to -$27k, and hence cannot trade anymore. Otherwise I would have enter another 10 to 20k on Meituan long to average the cost to 1.00 or so

Total Loss how much atm?
:s12:

Your Meituan HK$255.60 last night US Listed stock also closed at around that price.
If drop again today you siao liao.
 

ashethen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2005
Messages
19,533
Reaction score
10,518
damn BALLER siol.

using the ultimate hope and pray trading strategy.

SATKI!!!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top