Fitear Tio Poison thread

weng

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
25,079
Reaction score
34
:o

To be frank with ya, this discussion has nothing to do with my high tolerance level in terms of treble/brightness. I can tell you with confidence once we meet up and u listen to my pair of PF IX's, you would be very surprised that I would love the signature of these Piano Forte series as quite honestly they are nv considered to be a bright-sounding/analytical pair of iems.

Case in point, bro shsh91 tried them and he found it to be slightly less-resolving/lower in treble clarity compared to his Flat-4 Kaedes, which is quite abt right because to my ears the Kaedes are pretty much on-par on the same level as the MDR-EX800st/EX1000's in terms of overall treble clarity, and through my own serious A/Bing listens since i own the EX800st's too (switched with EX1000's cables) i have nv found my PF IX's to be anywhere more resolving/brighter compared to my EX800st's.

If you are free, go watch this Youtube video abt the CK100Pro's. It's not exactly an in-depth review regarding this flagship iem by ATH, but more of an interesting discussion and brief summary abt its overall signature and why 2 different ppl with diff signature taste can also love the CK100Pro's. The main commentator Mr. Lachlan (also known as a_recording) as on Head-fi) owns quite a diversified amount of gears as seen under his profile, he's owns quite a mixture of gears from Grado/ATH/Sony/Sennheiser actually.

I have also personally noted under his Closed Portable Cans review article on HF, he had specifically mentioned he has a personal preference for and usually likes a warmer/fun signature, specifically where he made some mentions when comparing the MDR-1R vs the Momentums and UE6000 (which the latter 2 have quite abit of mid-bass hump which makes them pretty much warm-sounding gears).

There are also alot of current and existing owners/users on my CK100Pro Head-fi thread, that have shared with me personally before they don't have a problem with its treble/brightness, in fact i believe there's one guy inside who owns the MDR-EX1000's and he professed that he love the CK100Pro's just as much.

As far as I can recall when Guan22/Joe had these on loan for a short period of time borrowed from his female friend, he also had nothing but positive praises for this pair of universals from ATH. (he didn't mentioned anything abt the treble being too bright or ear-piercing to me via his PM msgs as we were exchanging some stuffs regarding Toxic cables for the CK100Pro) Just goes to show that each of us all do hear things differently here.

Sry abt the long WOT again, but just thought I will come in to clarify here regarding yr previous post. Cheers.
:)

you really very serious leh. yeah I do know different pple hear things differently, and pple with different preferences will still have some cross points here and there. just nice earlier today joe and I exchanged some opinions when I asked about es5. exactly the same scenario lol.

ck100pro and ex1000... I duno. to me ex1000 can be shrill depending on the music, but overall it has the body/weight to balance it off. ck100pro on the other hand is ringing my ears all the time.

joe likes ex1000 and had no problem with ck100pro. then again he thinks ie800's treble is ok while I find it too searing and thin (treble). he likes miracle while I thought it's a tad too lightweight. when we met at jaben earlier this week and I told him the cardas em5813 is available and he was about to go and test, I knew he will trash it, which he did. to me treble is lacking, but arguably by my thresholds I may still accept it for its overall presentation. so if I already find it lacking, sure cmi for him. he dun like shure, I also dun like, except for 1840 but he also dun like lol.

for you, you find ck100pro has no problem at all, so of cos anything lesser won't have problem. so no surprise for your preferences for other makes like your PF. at least one of our crosspoint is ad2000 :s13:

for the author, I also have mdr-1r, ue6000 and momentum. but still we may not meet each other with ck100pro.

lastly, I tested fi-ba-ss sometime ago and kapui. tested heaven vi last week and found it good. how about you?

so you see, our ears are just so amazing. :D
 
Last edited:

Taeyeonie

Master Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2011
Messages
3,381
Reaction score
26
I'm using this one.... Starlight BTG
but the sockets can only fit their universal series...
for your custom, maybe can try from ALO, TWag or local-brand, stage93

Currently looking for a copper cable. Considering the Twcu v3, toxic scorpion or maybe the 93pc. Or i should continue with the stock cable for the time being. Wallet is crying :sad:
 

iAHBEE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2008
Messages
14,601
Reaction score
14
Currently looking for a copper cable. Considering the Twcu v3, toxic scorpion or maybe the 93pc. Or i should continue with the stock cable for the time being. Wallet is crying :sad:
moon audio's black dragon roh :o
 

Techadd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
6,254
Reaction score
0
i have to admit the fitear sounds really good...only thing i dun like is their connectors are different from industrial standard making it difficult to replace with 3rd cables :(

i would recommend all custom monitors owners to try the fitears.. :D:D
 

FatalethaL

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
6,561
Reaction score
346
i have to admit the fitear sounds really good...only thing i dun like is their connectors are different from industrial standard making it difficult to replace with 3rd cables :(

i would recommend all custom monitors owners to try the fitears.. :D:D


only issue, is only for people with elite status. :(:(:(
 

widget

Senior Member
Joined
May 23, 2001
Messages
1,816
Reaction score
0
i have to admit the fitear sounds really good...only thing i dun like is their connectors are different from industrial standard making it difficult to replace with 3rd cables :(

i would recommend all custom monitors owners to try the fitears.. :D:D

It's not that different, coz the connectors are the same as some Sennheiser headphone (HD-25) connectors, only the signals are inverted... but of course, more homework needed to find replacement cables :D
 

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2006
Messages
69,727
Reaction score
20,158
Currently looking for a copper cable. Considering the Twcu v3, toxic scorpion or maybe the 93pc. Or i should continue with the stock cable for the time being. Wallet is crying :sad:

Me too.......................:s12:

But I read Toxi Scorpion is much better than the other 2 in one of the review when I google.
 

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2006
Messages
69,727
Reaction score
20,158
It's not that different, coz the connectors are the same as some Sennheiser headphone (HD-25) connectors, only the signals are inverted... but of course, more homework needed to find replacement cables :D

A lot of third party brands are doing Fitear cable now...................:s12:
 

Taeyeonie

Master Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2011
Messages
3,381
Reaction score
26
Me too.......................:s12:

But I read Toxi Scorpion is much better than the other 2 in one of the review when I google.

I saw on Head-fi where you are really intersted in whiplash cables. Getting one soon? :D Maybe an 8core?:s12:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top