Flying to Hangzhou!

carey

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2002
Messages
40,873
Reaction score
5,204
The Guangzhou food is DAMN SHIOK! Try their duck / goose.
Yes, very hyped up to try their goose and maybe roast pork and char siew

Dim sum is also high up on my list

Also planning a day trip to Foshan for more makan hahah
 

carey

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2002
Messages
40,873
Reaction score
5,204
Kena chop gao gao confirm! The taste is also nothing fantastic. E.g. the dong po rou........can get 10x tastier ones outside at 10x cheaper prices. Same goes for their 'special' fish and 'secret' dishes. Rather call DiDi takeaway. LOL
Ya lor, why go all the way there to kena chopped hahah

I am also not some stupid influencer who must post on socials to hao lian :ROFLMAO:
 

Firestorm1978

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2013
Messages
1,786
Reaction score
1,032
Yes, very hyped up to try their goose and maybe roast pork and char siew

Dim sum is also high up on my list

Also planning a day trip to Foshan for more makan hahah
Their dim sum is quite similar to our standard, but their steamed dumplings and buns definitely thrash ours hands down (in terms of size, juice within and variety).

Their goose is a MUST TRY (if you know where to go), including the traditional roast duck. The solid ones will keep reusing the delicious juices that dripped from within and used it to 'marinate' other ducks. The roast duck is also nice. IMO, their char siew and roast pork similar to our standard (we do have some really nice ones locally).

Just close your eyes and you can find all sorts of delicious food over there, including Foshan. Most importantly, is the cheap cheap prices (unless you go to those atas restaurants.......but even then, still cheaper than ours)
 

Firestorm1978

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2013
Messages
1,786
Reaction score
1,032
Ya lor, why go all the way there to kena chopped hahah

I am also not some stupid influencer who must post on socials to hao lian :ROFLMAO:
Actually, nothing to hao lian. Those stupid influencers just want to post on social so that foreigners will be 'tempted' to go and try. I was one of the victims who kena chopped.

Sometimes, they pay them too. Locals usually don't go there to eat.....cos they know the real deal.
 

Firestorm1978

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2013
Messages
1,786
Reaction score
1,032
I'm dreading to come back!

No ATB chiobus and need to face the weather! Double whammy.. :(
When you coming back? I can empathise with you. I went during their autumn (nearing winter) season. Damn shiok.....without the freeze. The moment when I reached our airport, could feel the heat immediately. Sibei sian. Back to sticky skin, hot and humid weather.
 

Spike

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2022
Messages
41,894
Reaction score
43,683
When you coming back? I can empathise with you. I went during their autumn (nearing winter) season. Damn shiok.....without the freeze. The moment when I reached our airport, could feel the heat immediately. Sibei sian. Back to sticky skin, hot and humid weather.
17th! 😭
 

Firestorm1978

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2013
Messages
1,786
Reaction score
1,032
hangzhou got fun places?
Depends on your definition of 'fun'. Scenic vs outdoors vs adrenalin rush? Google it and you can find all the places of interest there. See whether any interest you.

Usually can spend about 3 days there.
 

Spike

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2022
Messages
41,894
Reaction score
43,683
Sibei sian feeling lor. Boh bian one la. I spent close to 1 month back then. Shiok weather and time flew by super quickly.
Maximum I can be away for any single period is 14 days.. can't go overseas that long. :(
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top