Galaxy Note 3 on VoLTE

ah_cleo

Master Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2005
Messages
4,055
Reaction score
27
Got myself a Note 3 and currently waiting for Singtel to activate the 4G Clearvoice (CSO says need to wait 1 working day).

Called in yesterday but still no green and red arrow:s11:


Mine was also quite fast. Check ur firmware. Make sure is NE3
 

ak6110

Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
116
Reaction score
0
Once I upgrade to NE3, and done a reboot, the green and red arrow appeared, thanks guys.
 

annen11

Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2011
Messages
230
Reaction score
0
Just sharing. For those who has activated 4g clearvoice and also upgraded to NE4 but still dont see the hd or red/green arrows, try gg to singtel and change your sim card. Mine immediately works after putting in a new sim card
 

monokoro

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2009
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Got mine activated 2 hours short of 1 full working day after calling 1688. Singtel actually sent an sms saying the 4G Clearvoice has been activated.

Just to share. I got a new set from one mobile shop at Funan. Told me is agent set but I saw some M1 apps inside. Once on, it immediately download and upgraded to the latest firmware (NE3/4/5). After gg, notice I need to switch CSC to Singtel (in order to show the Volte option, which is not showing on M1 CSC). After waiting for Singtel to activate the service, the green/red arrow finally shows up.

Connection time appears to be slightly faster. But important for me is the 4G signal is maintain even when calling landline/non-supported hanset (no more dropping to 3G/2G when making phone calls :) ).
 

smokey

Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
152
Reaction score
1
My phone on latest firmware, 'Use voLTE option when available' is enable, Singtel CSO confirmed 4G Clearvoice is activated, changed to new SIM card today (nano SIM), still dont see the hd or the red/green arrows.

Just sharing. For those who has activated 4g clearvoice and also upgraded to NE4 but still dont see the hd or red/green arrows, try gg to singtel and change your sim card. Mine immediately works after putting in a new sim card
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
My phone on latest firmware, 'Use voLTE option when available' is enable, Singtel CSO confirmed 4G Clearvoice is activated, changed to new SIM card today (nano SIM), still dont see the hd or the red/green arrows.

What is your software version?
 

monokoro

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2009
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Hi smokey, try changing your CSC to SIN if you got your set from non SingTel source (warning, changing CSC will wipe out all data. So better do a backup.)

The latest NF3 firmware is to activate the starhub HD Voice+

Hi renfred89,

From Kies,

The firmware is PDA:NF3, PHONE:NF1, CSC:NF2 (STH)
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
My phone on latest firmware, 'Use voLTE option when available' is enable, Singtel CSO confirmed 4G Clearvoice is activated, changed to new SIM card today (nano SIM), still dont see the hd or the red/green arrows.

Probably a case of service request submission but yet to be activated.. Do reboot your phone to ensure the network reception gets refreshed..
 

smokey

Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
152
Reaction score
1
Hi Monokoro,

The set is from Starhub, a gift from a friend. Could you let me know how to change the CSC to SIN?

Thanks.


Hi smokey, try changing your CSC to SIN if you got your set from non SingTel source (warning, changing CSC will wipe out all data. So better do a backup.)

The latest NF3 firmware is to activate the starhub HD Voice+
 

smokey

Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
152
Reaction score
1
Hi renfred89,

Will reboot the phone in the morning and see how it goes.

Thanks.

Probably a case of service request submission but yet to be activated.. Do reboot your phone to ensure the network reception gets refreshed..
 

mikengtw

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,117
Reaction score
35
I just like to share everyone here my side of story, after reading this thread thought give it
a try on it so I call 1688 singtel cso. After they check my number was on a Multi Sim card,
and the bad news they give was technical issue that won't work on Multi Sim.

What they give me advice from the cso was to cancel off my Multi Sim and change it to
single Sim card would work. And best part I have to pay $35 for a new Sim card just to
active the new technology clear voice was it worth while..???

I guess I stick to my current status for now ...:s11:
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
I just like to share everyone here my side of story, after reading this thread thought give it
a try on it so I call 1688 singtel cso. After they check my number was on a Multi Sim card,
and the bad news they give was technical issue that won't work on Multi Sim.

What they give me advice from the cso was to cancel off my Multi Sim and change it to
single Sim card would work. And best part I have to pay $35 for a new Sim card just to
active the new technology clear voice was it worth while..???

I guess I stick to my current status for now ...:s11:

do you need the multi sim now? multi sim now also need monthly subscription, if you don't need this service anymore perhaps you may want to cancel it for more savings?

If you need this service, then i would advise you not to remove multi sim service for 4G ClearVoice.. :)
 

mikengtw

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,117
Reaction score
35
do you need the multi sim now? multi sim now also need monthly subscription, if you don't need this service anymore perhaps you may want to cancel it for more savings?

If you need this service, then i would advise you not to remove multi sim service for 4G ClearVoice.. :)

What I am bit confusing here is that I don't mind can cancel away that multi sim card, but
do they allow just one sim cars running possible? Cause I might have forgotten to ask
after I hear from the cso said it won't work, I was totally give up hope on it.
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
What I am bit confusing here is that I don't mind can cancel away that multi sim card, but
do they allow just one sim cars running possible? Cause I might have forgotten to ask
after I hear from the cso said it won't work, I was totally give up hope on it.

i don't quite understand your message..
 

stefchin

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2002
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
The red and green icon turned up after i tried on the Samsung phone case with S-view. Googling around what the red and arrow icon means and found this thread. Puzzling that the HD voice is activated is way? Or maybe it was activated just by restarting.
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
The red and green icon turned up after i tried on the Samsung phone case with S-view. Googling around what the red and arrow icon means and found this thread. Puzzling that the HD voice is activated is way? Or maybe it was activated just by restarting.

It depends on which telco you are with. Both singtel and starhub have volte active as partnof their service.

For singtel, as far as i know volte is still an add-on which is required to be requested by user..
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top