General S-REITs Discussion Thread

TehSi99

Master Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2018
Messages
4,893
Reaction score
1,318
In SG market or any market, there are buyer and seller,
Buyer - buy for long or short seller covering short. Including retail and institutional investors.
Seller - sell or short sell. Including retail and institutional investors.
So not just BB can sell.

True. But what i noticed is that the sell volume is high with very much lower number of orders.
 

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
12,206
Reaction score
2,669
If someone buys FLCT today, do you expect the price to rise after holding for 10 or 20 years? What are the fundamental reasons for the price to go higher? Rising asset valuation? What else? Which factor is the most important?

I buy and hold (DCA) into REITs. I know dividend (mostly) comes from rental, but future price appreciation is something I am uncertain of.

Over 10-20 years it is about what is a good store of value. Is it cash or is it assets like real estate, stocks, precious metals etc. Cash is something printed by central banks to facilitate transactions. So they need to keep increasing cash to facilitate those transactions as economic activity increases, so more and more cash in the system is surely not a good store of value. On the other hand real estate, cannot be printed, precious metals also there is a limit how much you can extract and good companies also are rare.

So of all things it is only cash that can be created by central banks on the click of a button, poof, just like that.
 

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2017
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
6,084
If someone buys FLCT today, do you expect the price to rise after holding for 10 or 20 years? What are the fundamental reasons for the price to go higher? Rising asset valuation? What else? Which factor is the most important?

I buy and hold (DCA) into REITs. I know dividend (mostly) comes from rental, but future price appreciation is something I am uncertain of.
Woah you questions getting more and more cheam. :eek:
As long as fundamental or FA is good, the future is good.
A REITs buy property, rent it out, sell property. It's the same as any property company like Capitaland etc.

Property company like CapitaLand, is doing the same thing as REITs, but payout is lesser than REITs.
Yet REITs can buy properties from sponsor like CapitaLand.
 

basic___

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
6,866
Reaction score
657
More or less recovered by the big dip earlier in the week. The stocks rebounded pretty well. No need to scared if the stock has good fundementals
 

frozenkid

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2007
Messages
1,218
Reaction score
1
More or less recovered by the big dip earlier in the week. The stocks rebounded pretty well. No need to scared if the stock has good fundementals
You are definitely right on this.

Though, no regrets on selling A-reit because I have been holding it for more than 6 months and the counter just not moving up despite the hype and reiteration by bank analysts. Yield wise there are a lot better counters as well.

Incurring a lot of opportunity cost as you see other counters performing better than A-reit both in terms of capital gain and dividends yield.
 

yumsang

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2020
Messages
10,224
Reaction score
1,941
lucky I sold ESR last year when it cha cha below 0.4 while it tried to merge with dunoe who :s13:
 

dappermen

Banned
Joined
Mar 5, 2017
Messages
8,663
Reaction score
1,017
would this b useful by Poems -
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...-recommendation.6499828/page-3#post-133924856
.....do u agree it is buyg @ a prem or disc? of cos need further qltative analysis
NameCurrent PB Ratio5 year Ave. PB RatioPremium / Discount
Healthcare-
First Reit - eeeeeewwww0.741.24-39.96%
ParkwayLife Reit 2.091.6526.96%
Hospitality
Ascott Residence trust 0.930.912.39%
CDL HTrust 0.950.97-1.69%
Frasers HTrust 0.870.92-5.25%
Far East HTrust 0.800.738.85%
ARA US Htrust0.850.88-2.58%
Retail-
Lippo Malls Tr 0.690.99-29.99%
StarhillGbl Reit 0.700.78-10.71%
SPHREIT 0.961.03-6.71%
BHG REIT0.640.83-22.72%
Frasers Cpt Tr 1.061.06-0.47%
Sasseur REIT1.010.8420.44%
Capitaland China Trust 0.920.93-1.28%
DASIN REIT0.480.59-18.38%
United Hamsphire US REIT0.910.7620.52%
Commercial-
KepPacOakReitUSD 0.910.92-1.36%
IREIT Global 0.841.01-17.08%
ManulifeReit USD 1.031.05-2.04%
Elite Commercial REIT 1.441.0240.93%
Keppel Reit 0.950.8216.49%
Prime US REIT1.000.991.10%
Industrial-
Sabana Reit 0.820.767.38%
ESR-REIT 1.021.03-1.60%
AIMS APAC Reit 1.051.004.74%
ARA Logos Logistics trust1.431.1524.23%
EC World REIT0.830.89-6.27%
Ascendas Reit 1.411.308.80%
Mapletree Ind Tr 1.681.4020.48%
Mapletree Log Tr 1.501.2124.35%
Keppel DC Reit 2.261.4951.18%
Diversified-
CromwellReit EUR ?0.940.99-5.07%
CapitaInt com trust 1.061.024.55%
Frasers L&C Trust 1.341.0922.95%
Suntec Reit ???0.750.83-10.05%
OUE Com Reit ?0.690.75-7.92%
Mapletree NAC Tr 0.860.816.11%
Mapletree Com Tr 1.271.1114.43%
Lendlease REIT ????0.960.8512.84%
 

simon_84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2008
Messages
11,225
Reaction score
1,227
You are definitely right on this.

Though, no regrets on selling A-reit because I have been holding it for more than 6 months and the counter just not moving up despite the hype and reiteration by bank analysts. Yield wise there are a lot better counters as well.

Incurring a lot of opportunity cost as you see other counters performing better than A-reit both in terms of capital gain and dividends yield.
reits are not known for capital gains unless you are talking about one with plenty of volume.

was holding a little bit of Areit, so at the moment if can sell at 3.16 range is considered decent exit price.
 

frozenkid

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2007
Messages
1,218
Reaction score
1
reits are not known for capital gains unless you are talking about one with plenty of volume.

was holding a little bit of Areit, so at the moment if can sell at 3.16 range is considered decent exit price.

That I understand but as I was sharing, there are many other counters that have better capital gains and dividend yield (though to be fair, different focus). The matter of fact is when you have only a dollar, where should you put this dollar?

When you put in a counter that performs worse off than other counters, then technically speaking you are incurring opportunity costs (due to conviction or whatever the reason is).

For example, I am having better returns (both yield and gain) on Sasseur Reit (22% excluding divs), lendlease (20% excluding divs), starhill (16% excluding divs), ARA logos (18% excluding divs). There are also counter that I entered way late into the game and they are already better performing compared to A-REIT and that is what I am grumbling over in terms of A-REIT being underperforming. It occupies about 15% of the total REITS portfolio and I think I have given it enough time to shine.

As I have held A-REIT for more than 6 months now, I can confirm that it has touched 3.15 or 3.16 before in the past 6 months but it is very pathetic as compared to the other counters. Industrial REITS at the moment I doubt it can touch its previous July - September 2020 high anytime soon (e.g. Ascendas, Mapletree industrial etc.)
 

simon_84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2008
Messages
11,225
Reaction score
1,227
That I understand but as I was sharing, there are many other counters that have better capital gains and dividend yield (though to be fair, different focus). The matter of fact is when you have only a dollar, where should you put this dollar?

When you put in a counter that performs worse off than other counters, then technically speaking you are incurring opportunity costs (due to conviction or whatever the reason is).

For example, I am having better returns (both yield and gain) on Sasseur Reit (22% excluding divs), lendlease (20% excluding divs), starhill (16% excluding divs), ARA logos (18% excluding divs). There are also counter that I entered way late into the game and they are already better performing compared to A-REIT and that is what I am grumbling over in terms of A-REIT being underperforming. It occupies about 15% of the total REITS portfolio and I think I have given it enough time to shine.

As I have held A-REIT for more than 6 months now, I can confirm that it has touched 3.15 or 3.16 before in the past 6 months but it is very pathetic as compared to the other counters. Industrial REITS at the moment I doubt it can touch its previous July - September 2020 high anytime soon (e.g. Ascendas, Mapletree industrial etc.)
seems more like you have over allocated on areit itself, my broker had also recommended this counter for short to medium term trade, didn't completely take his word for it so went with a small position to gauge the market sediment.

similarly, i had also over allocated in starhill global so was happy to shift funds into a business trust.
probably won't be looking at local based reits since their yield are pretty much depressed.

anyway is sell in may and go away season so it make sense to lock in some profits and rebalance the portfolio again in the later half of the year.
 

frozenkid

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2007
Messages
1,218
Reaction score
1
seems more like you have over allocated on areit itself, my broker had also recommended this counter for short to medium term trade, didn't completely take his word for it so went with a small position to gauge the market sediment.

similarly, i had also over allocated in starhill global so was happy to shift funds into a business trust.
probably won't be looking at local based reits since their yield are pretty much depressed.

anyway is sell in may and go away season so it make sense to lock in some profits and rebalance the portfolio again in the later half of the year.

Thanks bro for sharing. You triggered and served as a reminder for me.
 

dappermen

Banned
Joined
Mar 5, 2017
Messages
8,663
Reaction score
1,017
For example, I am having better returns (both yield and gain) on Sasseur Reit (22% excluding divs), lendlease (20% excluding divs), Sasseur Reit (22% excluding divs), lendlease (20% excluding divs), starhill (16% excluding divs), (16% excluding divs),
yes! Sasseur Reit - v gd in both but nt starhill

however anything aft the meltdown due to pandemic 2020 is ez to see gain
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top