General S-REITs Discussion Thread

zeroX26

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2011
Messages
6,051
Reaction score
3,017
Today all my SGX REIT ETF get filled. Looking at each individual SGX REIT counter price action that explain why.

Anyone into SGX REIT ETF too? Now is quite a good time to go in slowly. Furthermore ETF minimum board lot is 1. Of cuz do your own maths whether the comm fee is worth if you put in 1 unit. But the option is there compared to individual REIT that is minimum board lot of 100.
wah.. knowing that you love a real good bargain & won't even overpay a single cent, if gets filled means good time to start shopping liao.
 

homer123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2004
Messages
10,164
Reaction score
5,102
https://www.theedgesingapore.com/ca...bution-it-sets-aside-funds-asset-enhancements
the only US reit listed in SGX that is still performing...@12 % yield , can be free of cost in less than 8 years
5e0c8d11520f3c0151cda05ca6f690d568f016c8.jpg
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,551
Reaction score
3,237
Just to inform SGX listed ETF allow CPF but take note all CPF investment you take monies out you incur a charge of 2.XX depending which CPFIS bank you using. So if you using DCA strategy to buy "small" quantity each time it is quite expensive. Whenever any investment instrument that allow CPF please do check all the fees incurred.

If you insist to still use CPF make sure all your CPF trades are filled or done on the same day and then hopefully the broker only issue ONE single request to take your monies out so you only incur one time 2.XX fee from CPF. I know fsmone will do that.
 

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2000
Messages
13,106
Reaction score
4,077
I already unsubscribe this guy long time ago :ROFLMAO:

If you make a video about the stock/ETF AFTER the stock has outperformed, you will never be "wrong" when you say the stock has outperformed :ROFLMAO:

Similarly, if REITs performed badly and you make a video saying "REITS have performed badly" you will also never be wrong....
 

DevilPlate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
12,236
Reaction score
5,155
Btw CFA etf has almost hit last yr Oct lows….added some today

It is easier for me to DCA into reits etf than individual reits (whereby i need to control each position sizing)
 

DevilPlate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
12,236
Reaction score
5,155
Imo, Reits etf can be seen as a hedge against yr cash position.

If interest rate continue to stay high, reits cui but cash continue to earn high interest.
If interest rate starts to drop, reits will cheong but cash cui earn less interest.

Tio bo? :ROFLMAO:
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,551
Reaction score
3,237
Btw CFA etf has almost hit last yr Oct lows….added some today

It is easier for me to DCA into reits etf than individual reits (whereby i need to control each position sizing)
Same same. I using poems sgx etf promotion so comm fee very cheap can put multiple counter multiple orders. Take note if within same day same ETF multiple orders filled the SGX only deduct one time 35 cents. The rest is a percentage so not much diff.

Now inside my CDP I have my first SGX ETF (more coming) under MY OWN NAME! Very happy. I got CFA CLR SRT GRN all whack as all are being sell down by market makers I think. Now waiting for ES3 G3B drop more before decide to enter. HST EVS SCY etc China,HK stock ETF don't dare touch as may go even lower. All are trading at a discount to their NAV but hmmm....
 

DevilPlate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
12,236
Reaction score
5,155
Same same. I using poems sgx etf promotion so comm fee very cheap can put multiple counter multiple orders. Take note if within same day same ETF multiple orders filled the SGX only deduct one time 35 cents. The rest is a percentage so not much diff.

Now inside my CDP I have my first SGX ETF (more coming) under MY OWN NAME! Very happy. I got CFA CLR SRT GRN all whack as all are being sell down by market makers I think. Now waiting for ES3 G3B drop more before decide to enter. HST EVS SCY etc China,HK stock ETF don't dare touch as may go even lower. All are trading at a discount to their NAV but hmmm....
I only accumulate CLR and CFA etf for reits allocation. These 2 reits etf got the biggest AUM so far and still growing. :)

I sold all my ES3 earlier this year and pump into VWRD and QQQ/XLY etf instead.

HST i got but still underwater and yah better dont touch if u do not have any yet. :(
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,551
Reaction score
3,237
I sold all my ES3 earlier this year and pump into VWRD and QQQ/XLY etf instead.

When you buy USD or foreign currency denominated ETF , you need to factor in the exchange rate when you convert. Later you sell convert back to SGD also check again. This is why I don't have too much allocated on such US ETF. The exchange to and fro can eat into your so called profits/losses and more maths to do.
 

direbmem

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2005
Messages
11,834
Reaction score
128
Same same. I using poems sgx etf promotion so comm fee very cheap can put multiple counter multiple orders. Take note if within same day same ETF multiple orders filled the SGX only deduct one time 35 cents. The rest is a percentage so not much diff.

Now inside my CDP I have my first SGX ETF (more coming) under MY OWN NAME! Very happy. I got CFA CLR SRT GRN all whack as all are being sell down by market makers I think. Now waiting for ES3 G3B drop more before decide to enter. HST EVS SCY etc China,HK stock ETF don't dare touch as may go even lower. All are trading at a discount to their NAV but hmmm....
What you mean one time 35c? The commission is also percentage right? Doesn't matter deduct one time or multiple times shd still the same amount.
 

Peanut15

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2018
Messages
798
Reaction score
341
Is Syfe REITs worth investing?
My returns are negative 6% rather than positive 5%
Feel like cutting loss
 

TehSi99

Master Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2018
Messages
4,892
Reaction score
1,318
Seems the most popular reits etf here are CLR, CFA and Syfe.

Not sure how is performance to-date compared with each other.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top