General S-REITs Discussion Thread

zeroX26

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2011
Messages
6,051
Reaction score
3,017
Price drop for almost all REIT stock. Some drop lesser some more. This hit 52 weeks low. Just do your due diligent research. I get filled for this yesterday.
What price you got it for uncle? I will use your entry price as minimum level to enter, sure safe one.
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,551
Reaction score
3,237
What price you got it for uncle? I will use your entry price as minimum level to enter, sure safe one.

The other one i am eyeing is MLT.

Back in the 2000's oldbird (now extinct forum) oldbird tell me rule of thumb is use the 52 week low as reference. But along the way I think not 100% accurate reason being the stock could be facing extreme financial distress so it is free falling. This seem to apply to those penny stock I was playing with. For REIT stocks with market cap that is in the hundreds of millions or even billions the chance are lesser but not entirely zero.

So to echo oldbird "advice" use 52 week low as guidance then. Now dunno those oldbird still in this forum or not or maybe in the other more famous share***tion forum hmmm. Their advice to whack the 3 local banks is true I verified till this day but bank 100 shares also a lot for me haha
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,551
Reaction score
3,237
Dunno if anyone is on old era broker where SGX stocks,REIT,ETF is pay monies on T+2 ? What this mean is some traders have totally no intention to pay up for the stocks (possibly play contra) or they short sell (aka sell empty) which they need to cover back. So at T + 2, brokers will force sell and chase shortist for monies. For force sell, I think that should be the 0900 Auction type which I notice is before market open and at 1300 lunch open and 1700 market close. I notice Auction seem to be just sell to whoever is able to offer which for ppl like me always put in low bid.

If one got time to monitor the trend (from Time and Sales, Market Depth), one maybe able to detect the pattern. And if you position your buy trades well on T + 2 you will get filled at your desired price thanks to them. Dunno all these I learn (actually some oldbird give me hints haha) way back in 2000s can still be used in 2023.
 

zeroX26

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2011
Messages
6,051
Reaction score
3,017
Dunno if anyone is on old era broker where SGX stocks,REIT,ETF is pay monies on T+2 ? What this mean is some traders have totally no intention to pay up for the stocks (possibly play contra) or they short sell (aka sell empty) which they need to cover back. So at T + 2, brokers will force sell and chase shortist for monies. For force sell, I think that should be the 0900 Auction type which I notice is before market open and at 1300 lunch open and 1700 market close. I notice Auction seem to be just sell to whoever is able to offer which for ppl like me always put in low bid.

If one got time to monitor the trend (from Time and Sales, Market Depth), one maybe able to detect the pattern. And if you position your buy trades well on T + 2 you will get filled at your desired price thanks to them. Dunno all these I learn (actually some oldbird give me hints haha) way back in 2000s can still be used in 2023.
By the time I started was T+3 liao. Then when OCBC started their brokerage svs, I was at their booth at one of the investment expo n the investment manager hush hush told me if I were to sign up under him, he could give me as long as T+10.
 

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2010
Messages
29,481
Reaction score
5,635
Dunno if anyone is on old era broker where SGX stocks,REIT,ETF is pay monies on T+2 ? What this mean is some traders have totally no intention to pay up for the stocks (possibly play contra) or they short sell (aka sell empty) which they need to cover back. So at T + 2, brokers will force sell and chase shortist for monies. For force sell, I think that should be the 0900 Auction type which I notice is before market open and at 1300 lunch open and 1700 market close. I notice Auction seem to be just sell to whoever is able to offer which for ppl like me always put in low bid.

If one got time to monitor the trend (from Time and Sales, Market Depth), one maybe able to detect the pattern. And if you position your buy trades well on T + 2 you will get filled at your desired price thanks to them. Dunno all these I learn (actually some oldbird give me hints haha) way back in 2000s can still be used in 2023.
now not still T+2 meh
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,551
Reaction score
3,237
now not still T+2 meh
Sorry I think it is T + 3. T + 2 is my own dateline to remind myself need to settle the day before. I am just sharing it has not changed much since I dabble in SGX back in 2000s and now. Big diff I see is the board lot size reduce from 1000 to 100 which create much more trading activity then. If SGX want to simulate more volume they can consider reduce to 10 even. Come on even US exchange allow fractional which is less than 1 share! Only whether SGX backend trading system can take the load or not or just crash haha
 
Last edited:

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2010
Messages
29,481
Reaction score
5,635
Sorry I think it is T + 3. T + 2 is my own dateline to remind myself need to settle the day before. I am just sharing it has not changed much since I dabble in SGX back in 2000s and now. Big diff I see is the board lot size reduce from 1000 to 100 which create much more trading activity then. If SGX want to simulate more volume they can consider reduce to 10 even. Come on even US exchange allow fractional which is less than 1 share! Only whether SGX backend trading system can take the load or not or just crash haha
nope it was changed to T+2 sometime back
https://www.sgx.com/securities/clearing-information
long ago then was T+3
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,551
Reaction score
3,237
Just learn something new today thought to share
Go to https://www.sgx.com/securities/trading
under Dual Currency Trading

Take an e.g CSOP iEdge Southeast Asia+ TECH Index ETF where primary currency counter is SQU US$ version.

You place a buy order on SQQ S$ version but it will appear inside your CDP as SQU US$ instead since that is the primary currency counter.

Now when you sell I was told you can place either SQQ or SQU since underlying they are the same counter. This really surprise me becuz there are others like CWBU (CromwellReit EUR) as primary currency counter. So you buy CromwellReit SGD your CDP will show the EUR instead. When you sell you can choose either CWBU or CWCU.

Anyone buy CromwellReit SGD your CDP reflect as CromwellReit EUR instead ?

Why SGX create this dual currency concept, make me so worry I buy CromwellReit SGD, CDP show CromwellReit EUR then I worry when sell I put CromwellReit SGD is it short sell or not! Lucky CFA HST primary currency is the SGD version so you buy and CDP show same.
 

direbmem

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2005
Messages
11,834
Reaction score
128
Just learn something new today thought to share
Go to https://www.sgx.com/securities/trading
under Dual Currency Trading

Take an e.g CSOP iEdge Southeast Asia+ TECH Index ETF where primary currency counter is SQU US$ version.

You place a buy order on SQQ S$ version but it will appear inside your CDP as SQU US$ instead since that is the primary currency counter.

Now when you sell I was told you can place either SQQ or SQU since underlying they are the same counter. This really surprise me becuz there are others like CWBU (CromwellReit EUR) as primary currency counter. So you buy CromwellReit SGD your CDP will show the EUR instead. When you sell you can choose either CWBU or CWCU.

Anyone buy CromwellReit SGD your CDP reflect as CromwellReit EUR instead ?

Why SGX create this dual currency concept, make me so worry I buy CromwellReit SGD, CDP show CromwellReit EUR then I worry when sell I put CromwellReit SGD is it short sell or not! Lucky CFA HST primary currency is the SGD version so you buy and CDP show same.
Not sure if relevant, I use custodian buy Cromwell SGD show as Cromwell Sgd in my account
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,551
Reaction score
3,237
Not sure if relevant, I use custodian buy Cromwell SGD show as Cromwell Sgd in my account
You are correct. I have checked with FSMOne only when your REIT in CDP has this dual currency trading where you can sell under the primary or secondary currency counter. For custodian in this case if buy using FSMOne will be what you buy is what you see you cannot buy in SGD and sell EUR or vice versa.

Not sure why SGX introduce this dual currency trading concept for selected securities. It confuse ppl like me who use the CDP to store our REIT. Worry I short sell by specify a counter whose code does not match what is in CDP.
 

light84

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2001
Messages
2,033
Reaction score
549
Just learn something new today thought to share
Go to https://www.sgx.com/securities/trading
under Dual Currency Trading

Take an e.g CSOP iEdge Southeast Asia+ TECH Index ETF where primary currency counter is SQU US$ version.

You place a buy order on SQQ S$ version but it will appear inside your CDP as SQU US$ instead since that is the primary currency counter.

Now when you sell I was told you can place either SQQ or SQU since underlying they are the same counter. This really surprise me becuz there are others like CWBU (CromwellReit EUR) as primary currency counter. So you buy CromwellReit SGD your CDP will show the EUR instead. When you sell you can choose either CWBU or CWCU.

Anyone buy CromwellReit SGD your CDP reflect as CromwellReit EUR instead ?

Why SGX create this dual currency concept, make me so worry I buy CromwellReit SGD, CDP show CromwellReit EUR then I worry when sell I put CromwellReit SGD is it short sell or not! Lucky CFA HST primary currency is the SGD version so you buy and CDP show same.
Wow thanks for sharing. I really dun know about this.

I actually have Cromwell Reit EUR. So I can sell in SGD and without short selling? Anyone tried before?
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,551
Reaction score
3,237
Wow thanks for sharing. I really dun know about this.

I actually have Cromwell Reit EUR. So I can sell in SGD and without short selling? Anyone tried before?
First your REIT is stored in CDP? Second you double confirm with the broker you want to sell if that is the case. For me I email FSMOne and they confirm for those sell from CDP. But if you buy using FSMOne those are custodian then cannot.
 

avviicc

Banned
Joined
Nov 15, 2011
Messages
30,610
Reaction score
6,744
The one i am eyeing is Mapletree Pan Asia.
But somehow forward guidance like not so good + high interest rate and maybe that is the reason price dropped recently.
buying at historical low is much much better than buying at historical high right? so now is historical low liao.. so buy now is the correct thing to do lo..
 

apriliasiao

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2001
Messages
9,097
Reaction score
770
Ya, want to buy REITS now better chiong with no regrets, espeically those blue chips REITS. Might stay flat for 1,2,3 years, who knows? Once interets rates go down the boats will all be gone. Just like when STI hit 2500 a couple of yrs back, ppl scare this scare that. lol
 

DevilPlate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
12,236
Reaction score
5,155
Js slowly DCA in will do.

Long term yield still rising and more bargains might be coming :)
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,551
Reaction score
3,237
The classic quote "Be fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful." hold true for REIT stock also. But that is of cuz if you believe SG REIT still got room to grow.

Today STI is green and some REIT has moved a notch up. I cancel some of my order. But some REIT are still same as last Friday but looking at the Time and Sales hmmm seem to be breaking out.

Btw past 2 weeks I added 5 new SG REIT (all near to their 52 week low) to my CDP. This would not be a reality say 2-3 years ago. It also help board lot size is 100 so I can afford the bigger market cap REIT.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top