General S-REITs Discussion Thread

stanlawj

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2021
Messages
10,287
Reaction score
5,559
Temporary leveraged fund liquidations.
I think this is close to a buy time for REITS due to the incoming rate cuts.
 

d5dude

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
14,307
Reaction score
5,672
Reits yield is not a guaranteed yield, DPU can go down and payouts can get cut, this is not theoretical, this has actually happened before. Of course the flipside is that DPU can also go up, dividend payouts can increase and the share price can thus go up. I think utilities (stocks) is the closest analogy to reits, in terms of volatility and performance.

Bonds (corp) are senior on the capital structure, downside is rarely -100% unless you bought AT1s or some junk bond, gov bonds are 100% capital guaranteed and the future return is 100% fixed and known from the day of purchase. They are totally different from reits or even a reit etf.

Sreits again tracking the performance of junk bonds, which are really more like equities than IG or gov bonds.
 

DevilPlate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
12,236
Reaction score
5,155
Cap Ascendas just a notch above book value liao, anyone bought?
Not low enough to average down meaningfully.
Depends on yr position and average price?

I will average down my CLR and CFA if drop close to 60cts
Dark days ahead lolol
 

ctan84

Banned
Joined
Nov 14, 2017
Messages
8,489
Reaction score
4,783
Not low enough to average down meaningfully.
Depends on yr position and average price?

I will average down my CLR and CFA if drop close to 60cts
Dark days ahead lolol
Oh don't have. Just thinking whether to start buying or not. Think its at 10-yr low liao (at least from my daily chart which I can only see up till 2013).
 

addict951

High Honorary Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2002
Messages
188,320
Reaction score
20,563
Here can discuss CapitaLandInvest hor? Cos I can’t find the dedicated thread leh :look:
Btw, vestors, y’all saw there’s a CE tag now? I saw they’re giving CICT shares. Is it part of the CD or bonus giveaway? @lzydata , are you vested? Can sic the announcement? :o
Anybuttie else vested in CLI?? :s12:
 

thretiredDad

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2004
Messages
12,716
Reaction score
5,238
Here can discuss CapitaLandInvest hor? Cos I can’t find the dedicated thread leh :look:
Btw, vestors, y’all saw there’s a CE tag now? I saw they’re giving CICT shares. Is it part of the CD or bonus giveaway? @lzydata , are you vested? Can sic the announcement? :o
Anybuttie else vested in CLI?? :s12:
$0.12 cash div + 0.031 CICT
around 7% yield
 

lzydata

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2010
Messages
6,741
Reaction score
3,091
Here can discuss CapitaLandInvest hor? Cos I can’t find the dedicated thread leh :look:
Btw, vestors, y’all saw there’s a CE tag now? I saw they’re giving CICT shares. Is it part of the CD or bonus giveaway? @lzydata , are you vested? Can sic the announcement? :o
Anybuttie else vested in CLI?? :s12:

Not vested :)
 

TehSi99

Master Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2018
Messages
4,892
Reaction score
1,318
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top