General S-REITs Discussion Thread

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2000
Messages
13,106
Reaction score
4,077
it seems that REIT prices aren't going anywhere. FLCT stuck at around $0.87. Briefly dropped to $0.85 but I didn't manage to fill my order. on the other hand everything else seems to be moving, even BABA :ROFLMAO: .

I think a good strategy would be to load up other everything else first, and then once they are too pricey and you don't want to chase the price upwards, come back and buy REITs because they will be the last to move?

we can confirm by end 2025 whether I can outperform REITs by adopting the 'buy other stuff first, buy REITs later strategy'. Then its no longer hindsight. :ROFLMAO:

Simple benchmark would be SG REIT ETF vs VWRA. DCA VWRA now until it goes up +10%. Then switch over to buy SG REIT ETF. Versus someone only DCA SG REIT ETF. (I prefer to pick my own REIT, but SG REIT ETF / VWRA are better for benchmarking).


During the tariff induced correction, I was buying more VWRD and US counters. However, VWRD price has continued to go upwards which means that relatively speaking, REITs are looking cheap again. I finally pulled the trigger and bought a reasonable chunk of FLCT at $0.845 yesterday. (now $0.835 guess I can never catch the bottom).

Earlier in Feb, I suggested buying other stocks first (VWRA for example) and after these stocks go up in price, then come back to buy REITs because REIT prices aren't going to move so fast. I am now carrying out my strategy starting with FLCT which really hasn't moved much.

I mentioned BABA as a 'joke' (I was serious about VWRA), but those that bought BABA instead of SG REITs in Feb 2025 win liao. :ROFLMAO:

I am on the lookout to accumulating other REITs as well. Is this the right time? I don't know, but at least REITs look like a better buy now since VWRA/VWRD is becoming more 'expensive.'
 

homer123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2004
Messages
10,164
Reaction score
5,102
Bought some FLCT at 0.835 today immediately lost 0.5 cents -1.19% after someone dump 1/2 million shares :ROFLMAO: ..No more buying FLCT ..really jinx :ROFLMAO:
 
Last edited:

thretiredDad

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2004
Messages
12,716
Reaction score
5,238
no interest rate cut, S-REITs continue to go south
The 3-yr and 5yr SGD overnight index swaps (vs. SORA) have started to rebound from recent lows.

SGD rates are still trading at a very large discount to USD rates SREITs tend to have an inverse correlation with SGD rates.
 

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2000
Messages
13,106
Reaction score
4,077
Bought some FLCT at 0.835 today immediately lost 0.5 cents -1.19% after someone dump 1/2 million shares :ROFLMAO: ..No more buying FLCT ..really jinx :ROFLMAO:

maybe the Frasers brand reputation took a hit because of the Frasers HT saga.....

I will probably accept the offer for FHT and remove this holding from my books. after considering a few years of dividends, I think I still broke even, my average price was around $0.8x. But I count this as one of my losses.
 

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2000
Messages
13,106
Reaction score
4,077
Anyone buying REITs recently?

After I bought the FLCT at 0.845 before XD, only to see the price drop, I have sort of lost interest in REITs, looking to HK/China/USA for more interesting investment opportunities. I suspect that HK/China will rally another 10% and REITs will still be flatlining... can come back and buy REITs next.

SSB and T-bill rates are so low, I thought investors would be moving some cash to REITs to earn more yield, doesn't seem to be happening and the REIT market seems pretty dead.

:ROFLMAO:
 
Last edited:

lunafan

Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2012
Messages
397
Reaction score
25
Anyone buying REITs recently?

After I bought the FLCT at 0.845 before XD, only to see the price drop, I have sort of lost interest in REITs, looking to HK/China/USA for more interesting investment opportunities. I suspect that HK/China will rally another 10% and REITs will still be flatlining.

SSB and T-bill rates are so low, I thought investors would be moving some cash to REITs to earn more yield, doesn't seem to be happening and the REIT market seems pretty dead.

:ROFLMAO:
why would you buy before XD?
it will make your avg price high and pull down your yield
not all REITs are equal, certain geography getting preferred treatment by institutional investors
i would say being “dead” is good as it provides value buying opportunity
don’t like to chase “hype” and paying premium
 

thretiredDad

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2004
Messages
12,716
Reaction score
5,238
Anyone buying REITs recently?

After I bought the FLCT at 0.845 before XD, only to see the price drop, I have sort of lost interest in REITs, looking to HK/China/USA for more interesting investment opportunities. I suspect that HK/China will rally another 10% and REITs will still be flatlining... can come back and buy REITs next.

SSB and T-bill rates are so low, I thought investors would be moving some cash to REITs to earn more yield, doesn't seem to be happening and the REIT market seems pretty dead.

:ROFLMAO:
Still accumulating
looking to find chance to
accumulate fraser cpt too
 

DevilPlate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
12,236
Reaction score
5,155
I
Anyone buying REITs recently?

After I bought the FLCT at 0.845 before XD, only to see the price drop, I have sort of lost interest in REITs, looking to HK/China/USA for more interesting investment opportunities. I suspect that HK/China will rally another 10% and REITs will still be flatlining... can come back and buy REITs next.

SSB and T-bill rates are so low, I thought investors would be moving some cash to REITs to earn more yield, doesn't seem to be happening and the REIT market seems pretty dead.

:ROFLMAO:
i believe uncle aunties took out cpf buy local banks instead (whatever price level)
 

addict951

High Honorary Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2002
Messages
188,320
Reaction score
20,563
Frasers ht vestors
After they announced the 71c offer then no sound no pikture riao hor? Waiting for what ar? :look:
 

Dividends Warrior

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2010
Messages
25,008
Reaction score
3,010
H on AREIT
Is it asking for money again? 😏
Collect rental income from Shopee. 😁

171be61d6c63a2080510ebb449d7bd24a3c12eea.png
 

MichealScott

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2019
Messages
7,948
Reaction score
1,329
FLCT and MIT dying hard in my portfolio. Not going to avg down FLCT but might do it for MIT.
 

homer123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2004
Messages
10,164
Reaction score
5,102
FLCT and MIT dying hard in my portfolio. Not going to avg down FLCT but might do it for MIT.
MIT is quite high risk and will go the path of FLCT.. All its US data center assets are of low quality and not AI ready. MIT is just like a property manager with no technical expertise to upgrade its data center. With only 89% occupancy for its data center and still dropping, you can deduce why more of its data center tenants are leaving. Compare to KDC ,DigiCore and other US datacenter reits which all have high >95% occupancy, we can conclude MIT has inferior datacenter assets
 

highsulphur

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2011
Messages
77,956
Reaction score
40,448
just buy cfa or clr and just sleep well at night la, no need worry about distribution rights and all that nonsense. buy to collect dividends only, if want growth go US equities faster.
Yeah this was what I had been doing. Still underwater but will see how it goes when rates are actually cut
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top