can't waitYeah this was what I had been doing. Still underwater but will see how it goes when rates are actually cut

can't waitYeah this was what I had been doing. Still underwater but will see how it goes when rates are actually cut
Sreits only good for retirees with one lump sum idle cash.somemore CLR from inception already fell 20+%.
from ATH fell almost close to 40% already, not to say it won't fall lower, but we already have so much margin of safety now.
just don't stop buying every mth and woon woon collect dividends, thank me 10 years later after doing this.

Buy 2 condos need huge downplayed which means I need to cash out my milk cowsSreits only good for retirees with one lump sum idle cash.
Even with capital erosion, hopefully still can get 4% nett yield over 20-30years of retirement.
It is imo a bad bad wealth accumulation asset class.
Better off DCA VWRA during wealth accumulation phase or sell HDB buy 2 condos (for high earner) and then cash out half for eg. upon retirement and whack fixed income like bonds/Tbills/Sreits etc.
*Thank me 30years later![]()
of course if you are young and willing to take risks definitely US markets are the way to go, but I guess not everyone has the appetite to stomach US market volatility and 2 mortgage stress?Sreits only good for retirees with one lump sum idle cash.
Even with capital erosion, hopefully still can get 4% nett yield over 20-30years of retirement.
It is imo a bad bad wealth accumulation asset class.
Better off DCA VWRA during wealth accumulation phase or sell HDB buy 2 condos (for high earner) and then cash out half for eg. upon retirement and whack fixed income like bonds/Tbills/Sreits etc.
*Thank me 30years later![]()
VWRA is the most diversified and brainless global etf for dummies liao.of course if you are young and willing to take risks definitely US markets are the way to go, but I guess not everyone has the appetite to stomach US market volatility and 2 mortgage stress?
Not comfortable then stay status quo lor.Buy 2 condos need huge downplayed which means I need to cash out my milk cows
how?

I guess I take ur advise to buy VRWA!Not comfortable then stay status quo lor.
Over here mostly detest taking loans from my observations.
Over at homeseeker subforum, all max out loans and still think it is safer than stock market![]()
Yeah I think everyone needs to allocate some part of portfolio to global index ETFs / funds.I guess I take ur advise to buy VRWA!
I should stop my posb $500 monthly into cfa
Fml
Sreits only good for retirees with one lump sum idle cash.
Even with capital erosion, hopefully still can get 4% nett yield over 20-30years of retirement.
It is imo a bad bad wealth accumulation asset class.
Better off DCA VWRA during wealth accumulation phase or sell HDB buy 2 condos (for high earner) and then cash out half for eg. upon retirement and whack fixed income like bonds/Tbills/Sreits etc.
*Thank me 30years later![]()
If you are below 40, just focus on global equitiesI guess I take ur advise to buy VRWA!
I should stop my posb $500 monthly into cfa
Fml
Imo it is still OK for retirees now rather than buy a commercial or overseas condo for rental income.Sreits used to be good when interest rates are low and stable.
Retirees want something stable and can get dividends. Sreits fit the bill. But Sreits is now being whacked due to high interest rates.
REMINDER
FOMC Meeting TODAY!
All eyes on the Fed
Will they hike, hold, or cut rates?
Include the dividend received?my CFA RSP still sitting at -14%
don't know when can see green light
excludeInclude the dividend received?
"Too Late" Jerome Powell, of the Fed, will be in Congress today in order to explain, among other things, why he is refusing to lower the Rate. Europe has had 10 cuts, we have had ZERO. No inflation, great economy - We should be at least two to three points lower. Would save the USA 800 Billion Dollars Per Year, plus. What a difference this would make. If things later change to the negative, increase the Rate. I hope Congress really works this very dumb, hardheaded person, over. We will be paying for his incompetence for many years to come. THE BOARD SHOULD ACTIVATE. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
AgreedRate cuts are not going to meaningfully impact Sreits performance because the cost of financing in SGD has already tanked i.e SORA, IG bonds yields, SGS.
Like I said many times before, Sreits are not fixed income instruments, they behave more like stocks, not bonds.