General S-REITs Discussion Thread

TehSi99

Master Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2018
Messages
4,892
Reaction score
1,318
U said go JB buy groceries back what.

Carry heavy stuff back for what if u are not into cost savings :s13:

Soon JB groceries prices will go up and Johoreans will complain. Then Malaysian govt fight back and Sg govt ban travellers to bring groceries to Sg. At same time, NTUC and SS will complain sales drop. Who owns NTUC?

Cause and effect.

I already stopped watching videos from this kpkb joker with many rich man's problems. See title good enough.
 

elvintay07

Suspended
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
12,367
Reaction score
4,442
If I stay woodlands, sure I can go JB everyday and buy groceries back.

If I stay Bedok, how?
I think it is relatively about savings. Let’s say you are someone who earns $25,000 a month (1 day about $1,100) like EDMW. Let’s save you spend 3 hours shopping for groceries (including travel time). The cost for that 3 days is $142 (excluding petrol, parking etc). Can save $142 from buying groceries in JB? How much rice/ sugar/ salt/ kopi can you buy
 

Euqorab

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2001
Messages
24,958
Reaction score
4,625
I think it is relatively about savings. Let’s say you are someone who earns $25,000 a month (1 day about $1,100) like EDMW. Let’s save you spend 3 hours shopping for groceries (including travel time). The cost for that 3 days is $142 (excluding petrol, parking etc). Can save $142 from buying groceries in JB? How much rice/ sugar/ salt/ kopi can you buy
Wrong target audience for sure
People earning $25000 won’t even shop groceries
Even if yes they go Cold Storage

btw EDMW is 20k not 25k
 

elvintay07

Suspended
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
12,367
Reaction score
4,442
their maids (not 1 but many) drive their SUV to buy groceries de
Bro

You all think too much liao. Rich ppl still go supermarket with family. Maid cannot do everything for you one la. They still need to go fine dining and also get their cheese and other stuff. Btw, I am talking about those who earn like $20,000 1 $30,000 a month. Not referring to Piyush San and ultra elites.
 

highsulphur

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2011
Messages
77,984
Reaction score
40,470
Bro

You all think too much liao. Rich ppl still go supermarket with family. Maid cannot do everything for you one la. They still need to go fine dining and also get their cheese and other stuff. Btw, I am talking about those who earn like $20,000 1 $30,000 a month. Not referring to Piyush San and ultra elites.
I'm sure there are retirees with 50k income per month who still go hawker centres and queue for their ckt. Don't be surprised to be queueing with one next time you buy your ckt or carrot cake
 

elvintay07

Suspended
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
12,367
Reaction score
4,442
I'm sure there are retirees with 50k income per month who still go hawker centres and queue for their ckt. Don't be surprised to be queueing with one next time you buy your ckt or carrot cake
Sometimes bank will arrange for limo to do pickup/ drop off to airport. Some of the drivers like quite solid. Machiam play golf every week etc, All type of ppl also have one
 

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2000
Messages
13,110
Reaction score
4,081
Bro

You all think too much liao. Rich ppl still go supermarket with family. Maid cannot do everything for you one la. They still need to go fine dining and also get their cheese and other stuff. Btw, I am talking about those who earn like $20,000 1 $30,000 a month. Not referring to Piyush San and ultra elites.

I agree with you. There is probably a certain wealth/income level which doesn't do their own grocery shopping.
But $20-$30k/mth is not that level.
 

thretiredDad

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2004
Messages
12,733
Reaction score
5,245
I think it is relatively about savings. Let’s say you are someone who earns $25,000 a month (1 day about $1,100) like EDMW. Let’s save you spend 3 hours shopping for groceries (including travel time). The cost for that 3 days is $142 (excluding petrol, parking etc). Can save $142 from buying groceries in JB? How much rice/ sugar/ salt/ kopi can you buy
My theory
If 1 day I am earning $1,100
1 hour is $45 earning

so if I waste 3 hour of my time
to travel to jb
my saving from groceries
must be significantly more than $135

if not is just wasting 3 hour of my life to go over and save $50
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top