General S-REITs Discussion Thread

Nipponho

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2011
Messages
647
Reaction score
10
REITs hong gan today. Likely spark new round of sell off for SGX
this keppel, the rights issue is very harmful to unit holders. They cannot sell the rights, and are forced to come out money, yet even after come out money, still lose money, from 1.05 to 94 now, at least 5% vanished, equivalent to one whole year dividend wasted
 

homer123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2004
Messages
10,164
Reaction score
5,102
REITs hong gan today. Likely spark new round of sell off for SGX
DPU keeps dropping for most reits but management fee and right issues keep increasing.. How to invest? Biggest regret is not cleaning house earlier on these lousy S-reits
 

elvintay07

Suspended
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
12,367
Reaction score
4,441
DPU keeps dropping for most reits but management fee and right issues keep increasing.. How to invest? Biggest regret is not cleaning house earlier on these lousy S-reits
Valuation high la. Wait till P/B is 0.8 then hoot lo. No scare la. When ppl are fearful, we have to be greedy. But like Master Leong said, sometime easier to buy reit ETF.
 

homer123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2004
Messages
10,164
Reaction score
5,102
Isn’t the drop due to many of the capitaland counters XD?
A few more XD tomorrow
The drop is way more than the dividend received.. It becomes stupid to earn dividend and lost more capital. If you hold reit and its DPU doesn't increase throughout the year..you will see your capital being eroded and more opportunity cost
 

Nipponho

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2011
Messages
647
Reaction score
10
The drop is way more than the dividend received.. It becomes stupid to earn dividend and lost more capital. If you hold reit and its DPU doesn't increase throughout the year..you will see your capital being eroded and more opportunity cost
may i know which are the ones that you are complaining about? There are also some which has increasing or flat dividends. They did a study and it shows that most of the reits were in the positive from the start of IPO till today, except for one or two loss making ones, and a few smaller ones that has died.

The 3 maples are supposed to be blue chip and very highly sought after but seems like they are not doing too well and fulfilled your criteria of declining dividends and they are not cheap either.
 

elvintay07

Suspended
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
12,367
Reaction score
4,441
Reit green green today. Actually brilliant buy considering everyone all very scare lately. Past few weeks I was trimming banks and buying reit. Haha
 

elvintay07

Suspended
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
12,367
Reaction score
4,441
if long term REITs can’t work for dividend, maybe we need to go China, HK look for good deals already
 

homer123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2004
Messages
10,164
Reaction score
5,102
if long term REITs can’t work for dividend, maybe we need to go China, HK look for good deals already
I have been investing in HKSE and LSE counters for dividend.. best decision so far. Higher dividend with lower payout. Stock price also increase with dividend growth.. I can't say I can get this kind of investment return from S-Reit
 

pepsitwist

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2011
Messages
30,223
Reaction score
10,104
I have been investing in HKSE and LSE counters for dividend.. best decision so far. Higher dividend with lower payout. Stock price also increase with dividend growth.. I can't say I can get this kind of investment return from S-Reit

What kind of counters?
 

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2000
Messages
13,106
Reaction score
4,077
I have been investing in HKSE and LSE counters for dividend.. best decision so far. Higher dividend with lower payout. Stock price also increase with dividend growth.. I can't say I can get this kind of investment return from S-Reit

Same. My Euro financials are big winners - consistent dividend + capital gain.
For HK, I just rely on 2800 HSI and 3110 HSI dividend ETF for dividends, since FSMOne has 0% comm RSP.
 

elvintay07

Suspended
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
12,367
Reaction score
4,441
Same. My Euro financials are big winners - consistent dividend + capital gain.
For HK, I just rely on 2800 HSI and 3110 HSI dividend ETF for dividends, since FSMOne has 0% comm RSP.
Euro financials means banks? R u holding SG REITs Limster?
 

elvintay07

Suspended
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
12,367
Reaction score
4,441
Same. My Euro financials are big winners - consistent dividend + capital gain.
For HK, I just rely on 2800 HSI and 3110 HSI dividend ETF for dividends, since FSMOne has 0% comm RSP.
I am also looking at 3110.hk also. I think Singapore quite high risk. Banks, Sheng Siong, SG reits all quite dangerous also. When everyone hype up on STI hitting 10,000, i more fearful.
 

homer123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2004
Messages
10,164
Reaction score
5,102
What kind of counters?
I invested in over 30-50 counters in HKSE and LSE over the last 5 years.. For HKSE counters , they are the usual big 3 oils ,big 3 telco, big 4 banks and SOE like Citic ,Cosco, Pingan. For LSE counters are big tobacco , finance, pharma and energy. My yield on cost is very high since I bought them at the lows.. These counters have already gone up a lot and I would not recommend to anyone to chase them. What I can tell you is to start with the dividend etf 3110.hk, 3190,hk, 3070,hk, 3437.hk ,2800,hk and supplement with covered call etf like 3416.hk and 3417.hk . Alternatively, You can study the holding of these dividend etf and pick counters that still provide good yield and growth
 

chowck

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2014
Messages
587
Reaction score
14
3110hk now almost at ATH. The big 3 telco.hk all on downtrends since the beginning of the year due to increased VAT this month. Are there anymore value stocks in hk?
 

homer123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2004
Messages
10,164
Reaction score
5,102
3110hk now almost at ATH. The big 3 telco.hk all on downtrends since the beginning of the year due to increased VAT this month. Are there anymore value stocks in hk?
I believe the current China Mobile price is good entry level despite the VAT . 6823,hk HK Telecom provides 6.7% with no WHT. As for ETF, Only 3437.hk still give 6.5% yield ..all hkse dividend etf are below 6% as they have run up quite a lot in the last 2 years. I would likely start with covered call etf like 3416 and 3417 which give monthly dividend.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top