General S-REITs Discussion Thread

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,546
Reaction score
3,235
my interpretation is revenue down, income down, borrowing up

so is cui to me
If institution are selling reit we should go with their flow not against their flow this is what I learnt. Institution employ lots of ppl to do FA analysis etc etc
 

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2000
Messages
13,106
Reaction score
4,077
I trimmed a little to make it $30k. Intend to keep all the REITs to about $30k and build up my non-reits dividend stocks to 30k each as well. After all that is done then increase one by one.
good idea to set a concentration limit for individual stocks though for me, a small cap REIT and larger cap REIT, my concentration limit is not the same. larger cap REIT I am prepared to hold more compared to small cap.
 

weng0202

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2010
Messages
7,595
Reaction score
2,462
good idea to set a concentration limit for individual stocks though for me, a small cap REIT and larger cap REIT, my concentration limit is not the same. larger cap REIT I am prepared to hold more compared to small cap.
I don't have small cap reits.
 

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2000
Messages
13,106
Reaction score
4,077
with S&P hitting an all time high, I really don't feel like buying more but will force myself to continue my fortnightly DCA.

But I am feeling that the S&P has become a crowded trade and its time to deploy some cash to neglected areas like SREITs.... :cool:

My FLCT, FCT and Capitaland Ascott have reached my portfolio concentration limits so I might accumulate more CICT and Far East HT.
 
Last edited:

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2017
Messages
17,521
Reaction score
6,090
with S&P hitting an all time high, I really don't feel like buying more but will force myself to continue my fortnightly DCA.

But I am feeling that the S&P has become a crowded trade and its time to deploy some cash to neglected areas like SREITs.... :cool:

My FLCT, FCT and Capitaland Ascott have reached my portfolio concentration limits so I might accumulate more CICT and Far East HT.
Now you know S&P500 ATH, not a good time to DCA :LOL:
BTW CICT also near 2019 high liao. :LOL:
 

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2000
Messages
13,106
Reaction score
4,077
Now you know S&P500 ATH, not a good time to DCA :LOL:
BTW CICT also near 2019 high liao. :LOL:
like I said, DCA is supposed to be blind to whether S&P500 is high or low, so I am still continuing DCA of Amundi World and Amundi Prime USA, and see the result at the end of the year.

at the same time, I got other spare cash for discretionary invesstment, so am using that to buy some REITs.
 

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2000
Messages
13,106
Reaction score
4,077
crashing again ? sigh...

thats why you should diversify and buy REITs plus banks.

If rates rise, banks should be able to profit. when rates rise, banks will jack up the loan interest rate ASAP but are usually slower in increasing deposit rates. :cool:

I just accept that not everything goes up at the same time, which is why I have a variety of dividend stocks, including the 3 banks. I read in newspaper that banks are increasing dividends? nice.

But if you ask me what to buy now, I would say that REITs look more attractive than banks. I have bought Far East Hosp Trust this week.
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,546
Reaction score
3,235
crashing again ? sigh...
When institution sell you should not go against them. This is what I learnt. Their trades move the price not retail. But since Reit has mandatory dividends it maybe good to buy when price is low and wait for institution to come in again next to push price up hopefully
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
1,020
I see a lot of banks raising interest rate...shouldnt it means Reits should go up also ?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top