General S-REITs Discussion Thread

direbmem

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2005
Messages
11,834
Reaction score
128
Imo, Reits etf can be seen as a hedge against yr cash position.

If interest rate continue to stay high, reits cui but cash continue to earn high interest.
If interest rate starts to drop, reits will cheong but cash cui earn less interest.

Tio bo? :ROFLMAO:
But if interest rates continue to stay high, REITs cui, your interest from your cash can cover the capital lost or not?
 

DevilPlate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
12,236
Reaction score
5,155
But if interest rates continue to stay high, REITs cui, your interest from your cash can cover the capital lost or not?
Keep DCA into eits etf :)

If interest rate drop back to 1%, cash become trash again then if u hold big cashpile jialat sia.

Think of all the possible scenarios and the likelihoods, then devise yr own strategy and allocation :)
 

direbmem

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2005
Messages
11,834
Reaction score
128
Keep DCA into eits etf :)

If interest rate drop back to 1%, cash become trash again then if u hold big cashpile jialat sia.

Think of all the possible scenarios and the likelihoods, then devise yr own strategy and allocation :)
It won't be too late to buy then when cash become trash. It will be in phases for that to happen. Else I am also happy for my current 30% equities portion to rocket.
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,553
Reaction score
3,238
buy simi? share share
If he is referring to SGX listed REIT ETF there are only that many (use fingers can count). Think he focus on CLR and CFA. There are also SRT and GRN too. CLR has very strong support price level I have observed despite all others are going down.
 

DevilPlate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
12,236
Reaction score
5,155
It won't be too late to buy then when cash become trash. It will be in phases for that to happen. Else I am also happy for my current 30% equities portion to rocket.
Js be prepared mentality lor....say is easy but when reits cheong one day 3-4%, for me it is very hard to buy in mentally when i think yday is so much cheaper so i will wait and wait whahahaha

Just like during covid lows.....i buy too little banks and reits :o

I find it alot easier to accumulate on the way down and usually i stop buying when it goes up.
 

TehSi99

Master Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2018
Messages
4,892
Reaction score
1,318
1% interest is unlikely for the next few years. If it happens, means economy is jialat.
 

TehSi99

Master Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2018
Messages
4,892
Reaction score
1,318
If he is referring to SGX listed REIT ETF there are only that many (use fingers can count). Think he focus on CLR and CFA. There are also SRT and GRN too. CLR has very strong support price level I have observed despite all others are going down.

Need to see the portfolio and weightage. Few reits are jialat recently
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,553
Reaction score
3,238
Need to see the portfolio and weightage. Few reits are jialat recently
The reason why ETF, mutual fund exist is becuz it is a basket of stocks in this case REIT stock. This help to spread the risk out. Unless all the top 10 holdings in the ETF, mutual fund are dropping then yes. Let's be realistic, the only time it is that low is when ppl are scared and all selling. If you think REIT has run it's final legs yes please don't buy anymore. For me I think there is still a rainbow after this storm and I am buying.
 

DevilPlate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
12,236
Reaction score
5,155
Anything can happen.

Can reits etf drop further 20%....sure possible....so i got to be patience and DCA according to my plan. :LOL:
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,553
Reaction score
3,238
Anything can happen.

Can reits etf drop further 20%....sure possible....so i got to be patience and DCA according to my plan. :LOL:
If not for poems promo of no min comm I won't action so much too. And their is go into our CDP double bonus for me so I am in. Typically broker charge 25+ fees for stock to enter into our CDP. This time ETF I pay less than a dollar to go into CDP such good lobang where to find? But I do notice quite a few SGX listed ETF market maker is Phillip Securities haha maybe that explain why?
 

direbmem

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2005
Messages
11,834
Reaction score
128
Js be prepared mentality lor....say is easy but when reits cheong one day 3-4%, for me it is very hard to buy in mentally when i think yday is so much cheaper so i will wait and wait whahahaha

Just like during covid lows.....i buy too little banks and reits :o

I find it alot easier to accumulate on the way down and usually i stop buying when it goes up.
I am actually buying all the time, now and also before. Just that my cash portion is always about 70%. Not really missing out even if stocks rocket. I am ok if my 30% equity rocket, don't need to 70% of portfolio cheong.
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,553
Reaction score
3,238
Today STI green color some REIT seem to bounce up abit not sure if it is going to chiong up. I landed 3 still pending 3 hope can fill. A few REIT stocks are at 52 weeks low. Ot cuz they can go lower but that is the game for individual stock too.

Anyone got your favorite REIT stock? I tend to buy REIT stock that I never own before. Existing I wait for rights to top up my strategy. I am in for long term.
 

TehSi99

Master Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2018
Messages
4,892
Reaction score
1,318
The one i am eyeing is Mapletree Pan Asia.
But somehow forward guidance like not so good + high interest rate and maybe that is the reason price dropped recently.
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,553
Reaction score
3,238
The one i am eyeing is Mapletree Pan Asia.
But somehow forward guidance like not so good + high interest rate and maybe that is the reason price dropped recently.
Price drop for almost all REIT stock. Some drop lesser some more. This hit 52 weeks low. Just do your due diligent research. I get filled for this yesterday.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top