Genting FAQ - Part 3

zaviour

Reaction score
Why don't you go play Bacarrat and bet both player+banker if you want to farm points

I think they will not allow it. However, if you go with a partner maybe can use this method but remember cameras are everywhere so maybe only talk to each other at toilet :s13::s13:

Smarty2

Reaction score
I think they will not allow it. However, if you go with a partner maybe can use this method but remember cameras are everywhere so maybe only talk to each other at toilet :s13::s13:

It's allowed. Two types of baccarat tables - one fitted with RFID sensors (in Silver, Gold & Platinum Club) and another type without sensors (at general gaming area). For the one with sensors, yr GP's awarded will be based on actual bets u placed but those at the normal table will be based on total time logged at the table.

For those tables with sensors, for each betting box u can only put one side (either banker or player) as the opposing side is meant for placing insurance. Thus, u will earn only for one betting side as u will need to put yr old other bet on the opposing side @ another person's box/ seat which means the GP's will go to the other person.

For tables without sensors, u r allowed to put on both sides of the same betting box/ seat as no insurance involved.

givansingapore

Reaction score
It's allowed. Two types of baccarat tables - one fitted with RFID sensors (in Silver, Gold & Platinum Club) and another type without sensors (at general gaming area). For the one with sensors, yr GP's awarded will be based on actual bets u placed but those at the normal table will be based on total time logged at the table.

For those tables with sensors, for each betting box u can only put one side (either banker or player) as the opposing side is meant for placing insurance. Thus, u will earn only for one betting side as u will need to put yr old other bet on the opposing side @ another person's box/ seat which means the GP's will go to the other person.

For tables without sensors, u r allowed to put on both sides of the same betting box/ seat as no insurance involved.

There's no more silver area. They allow both side buying as long as you don't want to buy insurance. People always buy both sides if they are unsure of what would come up next and not be stuck on the game.

givansingapore

Reaction score
The way they give comps is based on what you did on your last trip. For example if you are a platinum card holder and you only go once a year, you will get offers for Genting Grand / Crockfords all year round. They will not downgrade you as long as you don't go.

They will only downgrade their comp offers if you go and play very little for your last trip. The algorithm does seem to take into account your play over the year but it seems to be very heavily weighted on what you did for your last trip

In practical terms, suppose we have two players:

Player A: Goes 6x a year. Each time he stays 3D2N. He earns 50 points per trip and get upgraded to Gold status. Although he is a Gold card member, he will most likely only be offered World Club room.

Player B: Goes 1x a year and stays 3D2N. Earns 300 points and is upgraded to Gold status. Although he only went once a year, he will most likely be offered Genting Grand / Crockfords.

I earn 500TP last trip over 3 nights and I don't even get Genting Grand offer anymore.

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
People always buy both sides if they are unsure of what would come up next and not be stuck on the game.

A noob question as I dun play Baccarat.

If you are unsure, why not just dun bet and skip 1 round?:s11:

What does 'not stuck on the game' means?

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you bet both sides, you run the risk of losing both bets if TIE comes up. Right?

viethai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
will our card status be downgraded ie from gold to silver cause we cannot achieve a certain TP in a year ?

Smarty2

Reaction score

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you bet both sides, you run the risk of losing both bets if TIE comes up. Right?

If u r the lone player at the table or none of the players wanna initiate a move then no choice but to resort to wat bro- givansingapore said. Without anyone placing bet, the dealer will not deal further..unless in Platinum the rule is different, i think u can request for free game if unsure of next move.

Tie in baccarat means both sides won't lose anything or win anything...in roulette is different.."0" will wipe out all other bets.

fake_oranges

Banned
Reaction score
Kenna super 6 you lose money :s13:

If u r the lone player at the table or none of the players wanna initiate a move then no choice but to resort to wat bro- givansingapore said. Without anyone placing bet, the dealer will not deal further..unless in Platinum the rule is different, i think u can request for free game if unsure of next move.

Tie in baccarat means both sides won't lose anything or win anything...in roulette is different.."0" will wipe out all other bets.

Smarty2

Reaction score

Correct - tat's also the reason why they allow such bettings 😁... there's a possibility u might lose $ in case of B6. Previously, when washing NN chips, wat i did was not to blindly place in the bets on both sides every hand... need to hv some confidence tat the result wud be a Player as B6 (half-payment) only if Banker wins on 6.

Last edited:

Smarty2

Reaction score
I earn 500TP last trip over 3 nights and I don't even get Genting Grand offer anymore.

I believe bro - u r a Platinum and therefore the requirement is also higher...there is always some undisclosed threshold for different card levels...ultimate aim to encourage ppl to bet bigger n more frequent...

Your case seems to validate some grouses among Platinum members tat Goldcard in fact gets better room entitlements in terms of nbr of nights as well as type of hotel. Of course, tats beside the fact tat Platinum members get free makan etc...

givansingapore

Reaction score
This is really bad news.

Can u think of any reason that they not giving u? Maybe u win too much ?

Btw, possible to know what card u holding now ?

I'm holding Platinum now. The Gold card members are already getting Dec comp room and I still don't get mine.

givansingapore

Reaction score

Free games are only available at Platinum Club tables. If you bet on commission table in VIP with 1k on each banker and player, you only lose 50 bucks if banker wins. You don't lose on player or tie. So effectively you are playing with 50 dollars with points of 2k on the same table slot. You can get 300TP in VIP table after 56 games with maximum loss of 2.8k if banker wins all 56 games.

lilycll

Reaction score
Free games are only available at Platinum Club tables. If you bet on commission table in VIP with 1k on each banker and player, you only lose 50 bucks if banker wins. You don't lose on player or tie. So effectively you are playing with 50 dollars with points of 2k on the same table slot. You can get 300TP in VIP table after 56 games with maximum loss of 2.8k if banker wins all 56 games.

Bet Tie $50 too if lucky pay 8x. :s13:

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.