Google Nexus 7 2nd generation

substancia

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2007
Messages
1,761
Reaction score
1
also does it takes a long time to charge the new n7? the previous one takes a long time to fully charge.
 

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2000
Messages
33,252
Reaction score
763
somehow I am not please with the battery life.

Do you mean when you are using it or when it is on standby? I find the standby is very good even if it is connected via wifi for a day. But if you are talking about battery drain upon using for entertainment, of course things will be different.

Just like myself, I can't run 2.4 IPPT within 11mins, but I can walk and complete it in 20mins. :o:s13:
 

Ionized1975

Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
136
Reaction score
0
I just got the new nexus 7 from Amazon via CGW yesterday. Screen no issues, but the LED notification light doesn't seems to be working although it is enabled, tried LED tester app still no go, anyone else having this issue? :s11:
LED Tester has never been updated for years. Try Light Flow instead https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rageconsulting.android.lightflowlite&hl=en

After installing the app, run it, go to Tools, select All enabled LEDs Test and press power button to sleep. Within 5 sec, you should see the LED blink. Sadly, only white LED on N7.2 though.
 

Cryogenist

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2005
Messages
1,755
Reaction score
105
somehow I am not please with the battery life.

If you see all the tablets of the same category, with that amount of battery capacity, there is always a upper limit on the number of hours you can get from them. Especially if you are talking about intensive usage, no matter how efficient the SOCs or display is.
 

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2000
Messages
33,252
Reaction score
763

Ionized1975

Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
136
Reaction score
0
USB charges slow.
Non-official charger not meant for N7 slow.
official charger fast.
Indeed. Let me support with some real data.

According to my Battery Monitor Widget app, charging with USB connected to PC is about 380mA during sleep mode. So 3950mAh/380mA is about 10 hours for a full charge.

If charging from the stock charger, the app records at around 1120mA. That means a full charge with the proper equipment will take less than 4 hours.
 

Starpod

Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2005
Messages
384
Reaction score
0

amarawi

Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
153
Reaction score
0
somehow I am not please with the battery life.
I'm very pleased with the battery life liaoz!
used it for a full day, finished reading a short novel plus a bits of short gaming sessions and it didn't drop much below half. :D

Its 3950mah powering a 7 inch fhd screen. And if the battery life was better,it will be heavier. Anyway, have you tried using custom Roms to undervolt?
just a note that Nexus 7 is already a factory underclocked device for battery life reasons (of course you're more than welcome to underclocking it further)...

I personally am really thankful for how light it is, wouldn''t want it to be any heavier for longer battery life..
if you want longer battery life, maybe you can try getting a full 10" tablet...
 

chromehead

Banned
Joined
Oct 11, 2010
Messages
49,707
Reaction score
2,254
somehow I am not please with the battery life.

depends, when i use it for surfing on crappy wifi at 1-2 bar it drains really fast

about 2-3hr from 100% drop to 30-20%


when connection is great at 4 bar, it doesn't drain that fast i think.

with sporadic surfing and mostly reading pdf stuff can easily last whole day
 

frostyeo

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
anyone used the Nillkin Flip case for this 2nd generation Nexus 7? looking for some reviews :p cuz I appreciate the magnetic wake , but not sure if it stays closed magnetically too, meaning I won't open on itself :/
 

vinz90

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
7
Reaction score
0

Cleristo

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2010
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Hey, I'm looking at shipping a N7 (2) from US too. Can anyone guide me? Should I buy from Amazon or Ebay or BestBuy? I'm a registered user on CGW, this will be my first time forwarding via CGW so I have the promo code for delivery. I have a POSB debit card too.
 

IncTEh

Master Member
Joined
May 29, 2012
Messages
2,723
Reaction score
0
Hey, I'm looking at shipping a N7 (2) from US too. Can anyone guide me? Should I buy from Amazon or Ebay or BestBuy? I'm a registered user on CGW, this will be my first time forwarding via CGW so I have the promo code for delivery. I have a POSB debit card too.

Get from amazon if they got stock. If not get from play store. Either way, you got to ship them to your cgw address
 

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2000
Messages
43,150
Reaction score
43
Installing apk files doesn't require root. Just allow it in the security can liao. Rooting allow you to install custom rom, kernels. Custom roms usually has tweaks here and there to make it more stable. Custom kernels allows you to overclock, undervolt etc. The custom kernel I'm using allows me to slide to sleep, double tap to wake, dont have to press the side button

Slide/tap to wake available on N7 G2 already?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top