Google Nexus 7 2nd generation

kevin301

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2001
Messages
2,232
Reaction score
32
Those using micro sd card to OTG might wanna consider this.

https://shopmeenova.appspot.com/

reader_adapter-1200x.jpg


Really small and cute :)


Any apps to recommend for OTG with those 2-in-1 (USB + micro USB) drives?
I downloaded one called 'OTG Disk Explorer Lite' and it is limited to fairly small files (<30MB).
 
Last edited:

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2009
Messages
54,548
Reaction score
191
I don't know whether its the smallest though. I got 2 of it. Wanted to get the Sony OTG during BF since SG never sell but kind of expensive at nearing USD50 for 64gb.

Are you rooted? Either Stickmount or pay for Nexus Media Importer.

Any apps to recommend for OTG with those 2-in-1 (USB + micro USB) drives?
I downloaded one called 'OTG Disk Explorer Lite' and it is limited to fairly small files (<30MB).
 
Last edited:

fireduke86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2002
Messages
18,272
Reaction score
54
I don't know whether its the smallest though. I got 2 of it. Wanted to get the Sony OTG during BF since SG never sell but kind of expensive at nearing USD50 for 64gb.

Are you rooted? Either Stickmount or pay for Nexus Media Importer.

Sandisk better iirc, similar read speed but faster write speed iirc~ :o
 

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2009
Messages
54,548
Reaction score
191
Sandisk better iirc, similar read speed but faster write speed iirc~ :o

The speed ain't really that big of a difference to me. Most importantly must consider that its a small thing popping out only. Buy for girlfriend must consider the outlook also. :s13:
 

kevin301

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2001
Messages
2,232
Reaction score
32
I don't know whether its the smallest though. I got 2 of it. Wanted to get the Sony OTG during BF since SG never sell but kind of expensive at nearing USD50 for 64gb.

Are you rooted? Either Stickmount or pay for Nexus Media Importer.

Unfortunately am not rooted.

Too afraid! LOL.
Heard of Nexus Media Importer. Ok thanks for the recommendation.
 

a1v1n_

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Messages
26,122
Reaction score
54
Root would be better. I tried on 4.4.4 no issues. But given now take for example 1.36 rate, more expensive than SG. Buy from SLS cheaper. 32gb back then cheaper by around $6 than SG so I bought 2 through you.
No intention to buy now. Not in need of space yet. Was thinking about it just in case I need it in the future.

Sent from GAGT Android App
 

MoraMora

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2007
Messages
8,858
Reaction score
199
stock 16gb nexus 7 from amazon comes with 4.4 android.

each upgrade about 250mb. If upgrade to newest android, at least would be another 500mb-1gb think quite not worth the space. left about 10gb of storage only.
 

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2009
Messages
54,548
Reaction score
191
stock 16gb nexus 7 from amazon comes with 4.4 android.

each upgrade about 250mb. If upgrade to newest android, at least would be another 500mb-1gb think quite not worth the space. left about 10gb of storage only.

OTG

10char
 

jayz89

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
5,995
Reaction score
285
the fk,, brought matt sp from aliexpress

came in like after 2 weeks, try it on, so many air bubble, quality like ****, throw away in the end, better off w/o it.

sian, guess i need to go mobile shop and buy liao
 

Mike_Lim

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2007
Messages
1,113
Reaction score
0
the fk,, brought matt sp from aliexpress

came in like after 2 weeks, try it on, so many air bubble, quality like ****, throw away in the end, better off w/o it.

sian, guess i need to go mobile shop and buy liao


Orders from AliExpress usually 2-3 weeks to arrive if free shipping.

I using tempered glass from AliExpress for less than US$10.
Easier to install than SP; clean the surface, align properly and place the glass over the screen.
And glass is easier to clean than SP. ;)


But if you need matte SP for the anti-glare, perhaps mobile shop better.
 

MoraMora

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2007
Messages
8,858
Reaction score
199
the fk,, brought matt sp from aliexpress

came in like after 2 weeks, try it on, so many air bubble, quality like ****, throw away in the end, better off w/o it.

sian, guess i need to go mobile shop and buy liao

bought a case, comes with screen protector and a pen.

cost me about 8USD.

item just came in today, so far happy with it.
 

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2009
Messages
54,548
Reaction score
191
the fk,, brought matt sp from aliexpress

came in like after 2 weeks, try it on, so many air bubble, quality like ****, throw away in the end, better off w/o it.

sian, guess i need to go mobile shop and buy liao

If I'm gonna mass buy handphone/tablet accessories, I would rather go until JB to buy. 1 shot let them do everything.
 

Vindicatum

Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2013
Messages
178
Reaction score
0
Guys, I just curious if it's still worth getting a Nexus 7 when there's the Nexus 9 and the Nvidia Shield Tablet. Well, I'm leaning more between the Nexus 7 and the Shield Tablet as I find the Nexus 9 too big and price difference too large.

I found this Amazon UK link that ships to Singapore and it costs £161.14 but when I checkout I only need to pay £148.55 including shipping (AmazonGlobal Standard). Is this for real or am I doing something wrong? If it is real then this is an awesome deal.

Here's the link: Asus Google Nexus 7-inch 2013 Tablet (Qualcomm 1.5GHz, 1GB RAM, 32GB Memory, Wi-Fi, Android 4.3): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top