Google pay suddenly stopped functioning when all setting unchanged

Rocks

Reaction score
Hi there,

Google pay was working perfectly on my Xiao Mi 10T Pro, suddenly, the MRT gantry couldn't detect it any more, and I went to supermarket, the cashier also can't detect it on paywave function.

Nothing had been changed in the setting. I tried to restart phone, uninstall the app, and re-install it again, still the same. I even restore NFC functionality to the factory setting, but still, couldn't work.

Anyone has the similar experience and a good remedy for it?

Thanks in advance.

tomb

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mine not working with ezlink reader on bus also. didn't bring my wallet out. :cautious:

Rocks

Reaction score
So you managed to solve the problem? Mine happened over the night, one day before was all working fine, the next morning, all can't be detected. Very strange.

Tried all means I can on the phone, even open all the setting to the G Pay, yet, still not working.....frustrating.....

tomb

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not sure. will try again later. mine was still working this morning. I noticed recently that the bus ezlink reader has taken longer to detect the phone.

Rocks

Reaction score
Um.....i wondered how to test the G pay without the machine like ezlink reader and paywave terminal, is there a way to test at home without all those devices?

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Um.....i wondered how to test the G pay without the machine like ezlink reader and paywave terminal, is there a way to test at home without all those devices?
Dun think so
U can only test nfc working anot
Just placed ezlink card behind phone
I think phone will beep or vibrate

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
gg..mine stop working after miui 12.5.1 update on my mi 10 ultra... it still work on retail paywave but not on transit anymore.

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
gg..mine stop working after miui 12.5.1 update on my mi 10 ultra... it still work on retail paywave but not on transit anymore.
Read from some threads, tiagong do some setting can work liao
Forget which thread, either f3 or n10pro or x3pro

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Read from some threads, tiagong do some setting can work liao
Forget which thread, either f3 or n10pro or x3pro
the allow nfc permission? before i did the setting..i have no issue on retail payment..just wake screen and can pay...but transit wont work..tried to enable nfc permission for gpay...still no luck...bring it to transit self help kiosk...it can't read my nfc at all...while my wife samsung note 9 can read..

tomb

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it worked on the reader at the exit. maybe it was a reader issue. using mi 9t pro.

sunsetbay

Reaction score
Does yours encounter any error preventing you from making fund transfer~?

I encountered "please exit any apps that might be drawing over the screen and try again" on Gpay, then found out it was the quick ball that caused it~ ☠️

frekedech

Reaction score
Does yours encounter any error preventing you from making fund transfer~?

I encountered "please exit any apps that might be drawing over the screen and try again" on Gpay, then found out it was the quick ball that caused it~ ☠️

yeah just learnt about it too today, quickball became deathball :ROFLMAO:

frekedech

Reaction score
the allow nfc permission? before i did the setting..i have no issue on retail payment..just wake screen and can pay...but transit wont work..tried to enable nfc permission for gpay...still no luck...bring it to transit self help kiosk...it can't read my nfc at all...while my wife samsung note 9 can read..

happened to me last week too, exactly like yours, can pay at ntuc, but didnt work on bus & mrt.

need to clear data and uninstall update of "google play services" in setting>app>manage apps. then also clear data for google pay app & reauth the card. been working fine for me so far :o

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
happened to me last week too, exactly like yours, can pay at ntuc, but didnt work on bus & mrt.

need to clear data and uninstall update of "google play services" in setting>app>manage apps. then also clear data for google pay app & reauth the card. been working fine for me so far :o
wow...what will be impacted after uninstall google play services?

frekedech

Reaction score
wow...what will be impacted after uninstall google play services?

basically it'll just remove the updates, google play services app is still intact

on my poco f3, there's no option to uninstall play services. i guess there's some backend update causing issue with transitlink 😅

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
took the plunge to uninstall the update....and reset the gpay...hope it will work later...but found out autofill by google all cannot work :(

frekedech

Reaction score
took the plunge to uninstall the update....and reset the gpay...hope it will work later...but found out autofill by google all cannot work :(
mine is working though, have you checked the autofill setting is on?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.