Google pay suddenly stopped functioning when all setting unchanged

Ericng098

Reaction score
Oh.... ver 1.23.210260603
2Fbcezb.jpg

Mine version is like this. And Gpay not working.

Rocks

Reaction score
let's find out the remedy together, then ours will work again....

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
on my mi 10 ultra.. my google play services is 20.45.16 ..

gpay is 126.1.5

my google play services is come with cn rom ..i didnt side load anything..

Ericng098

Reaction score
on my mi 10 ultra.. my google play services is 20.45.16 ..

gpay is 126.1.5

my google play services is come with cn rom ..i didnt side load anything..
If I uninstall update for Google play services, the sofware version will also be 20.45.16. And Gpay will work perfectly.
The issue is that when I connect to wifi, Google play services will update to ver. 21.12.13. Then Gpay immediately not working on bus/mrt

Pryson

Master Member
Reaction score
If the version matters, my Google Play Services for both my Mi 11 and Mi 11 Ultra CN Rom is 21.15.12 and is working fine.

frekedech

Reaction score
If I uninstall update for Google play services, the sofware version will also be 20.45.16. And Gpay will work perfectly.
The issue is that when I connect to wifi, Google play services will update to ver. 21.12.13. Then Gpay immediately not working on bus/mrt
turn off auto-update in play store, mine stays at v20

cctest

Reaction score
I fixed my phone. It finally works again with bus/mrt using G Pay.
Everyone is correct that the latest two versions of Google Play Services (21.12.13 and 21.15.13) cause this on certain phone.
Here are the steps I took to make it work:
1. Go to Play Store and download Play Services Info app. This step is optional if you know how to get to the App Info page of Google Play Services app.
2. Goto APKMirror and download the previous version of GPS (21.09.15)
3. Open up Play Services Info app. Click on App Info button.
3. On the top right, click on the three dots and select Uninstall Updates
4. Once it finishes uninstalling, go to the App Info page of G Pay and delete all data.
5. Install the downloaded apk from step 2.
6. Go back to the App Info page of GPS and delete all data of it as well.
7. Restart your phone

8. Go back to G Pay and add your card to be used at MRT/bus
9. Go try!

Last edited:

Ericng098

Reaction score
I fixed my phone. It finally works again with bus/mrt using G Pay.
Everyone is correct that the latest two versions of Google Play Services (21.12.13 and 21.15.13) cause this on certain phone.
Here are the steps I took to make it work:
1. Go to Play Store and download Play Services Info app. This step is optional if you know how to get to the App Info page of Google Play Services app.
2. Goto APKMirror and download the previous version of GPS (21.09.15)
3. Open up Play Services Info app. Click on App Info button.
3. On the top right, click on the three dots and select Uninstall Updates
4. Once it finishes uninstalling, go to the App Info page of G Pay and delete all data.
5. Install the downloaded apk from step 2.
6. Go back to the App Info page of GPS and delete all data of it as well.
7. Restart your phone
8. Go back to G Pay and add your card to be used at MRT/bus
9. Go try!
Did the same thing, but later Google play services will automatically update to ver 21.12.13. Issue come back.

cctest

Reaction score
Did the same thing, but later Google play services will automatically update to ver 21.12.13. Issue come back.
For some reason, when I installed the apkmirror version, play store stopped upgrading GPS even when I try forcing update. I think it's considered "out-of-band"?

Woshileeroy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
tried uninstalling gps but the uninstall updates option is no longer there unlike my previous phones. any idea where it went to? or there are no longer option to uninstall updates for it?

cctest

Reaction score
Hi all,
tried uninstalling gps but the uninstall updates option is no longer there unlike my previous phones. any idea where it went to? or there are no longer option to uninstall updates for it?
Try the Play Store page of GPS

Woshileeroy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still not working for me, sua, go back to using card till further solutions are available.:look:

giggss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
same problem here! can pay at all retail and eatery but only bus and mrt cannot detect! been trying many ways to no avail. will try your method and test it out! thanks!

by the way, is there anyway to prevent google play services from auto update thereafter?

Deathzz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
happened to redmi note 8 pro too. able to scan via paywave but can't work for bus/mrt.

checked the system log via Gpay report feedback app.

Saw some error like No Ara App found in sim 1.
some software code that the ez-link reader can't seem to reach our sim card to perform temp 'write' for transit entry and exit.

Ericng098

Reaction score
same problem here! can pay at all retail and eatery but only bus and mrt cannot detect! been trying many ways to no avail. will try your method and test it out! thanks!

by the way, is there anyway to prevent google play services from auto update thereafter?
Install an app named Net Block. Then block Google play store from accessing internet.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.