(GPGT)Espresso machine hoot

Igene

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2002
Messages
14,165
Reaction score
1,236

maisatomai

Banned
Joined
Jun 10, 2008
Messages
14,750
Reaction score
0
Bought a Bezzera BB005 TM Espresso Coffee Grinder. Now using EC155 (super cheap espresso machine) and see how it goes. I suspect soon I will upgrade the machine

Where do you get your espresso cup? I look around and one cost about $20. A bit expensive:s13:
 

maisatomai

Banned
Joined
Jun 10, 2008
Messages
14,750
Reaction score
0
I always get my beans from Kovan market. The shop is popular and everytime I go there there always 1-2 person buying.

I ask the man about which brew is freshly roasted and he claims all beans are freshly roasted. My question is how is it possible? Also any estimate how long ago he roast his beans on average?

About, they sell Arabic beans for $30/kg (which is cheap). Is the bean suitable for espresso or should I just get it from online retailer like Hook coffee (tried a few times and it okay)
 

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
46,336
Reaction score
15,771
Actually traditionally espresso are normally dark roast. New age drinkers going light. So there's no suitable or not.

You happy can already.
 

Lazy_Tiger

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2002
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
21
Bought a Bezzera BB005 TM Espresso Coffee Grinder. Now using EC155 (super cheap espresso machine) and see how it goes. I suspect soon I will upgrade the machine

Where do you get your espresso cup? I look around and one cost about $20. A bit expensive:s13:

any small cup will do. ikea sells cheap ones.
my preference is for white insides so you can see the colour of your espresso clearly as it contrasts with the inner rim of the cup. good to appreciate and make comparisons as you brew with other lighter or darker roasted beans

Nowadays i used chilled cups before brewing. temperature will be just nice to drink it immediately.

i used to use bodum double walled pavina glasses. looks nice during the pour but the espresso takes a long time to cool before you can drink it. do i would say don't go for double walled ones.

if you wanna spoil yourself get maybe can get something from villeroy and boch they have nice designs.

http://www.villeroy-boch.no/shop/products/crockery/cups-mugs.html
 

tyrtok

Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2012
Messages
352
Reaction score
0
attempting to roast.

4bcc8cae53.jpg
 

pulp_79sg

Junior Member
Joined
May 25, 2012
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
someone mentioned before gaggia already out of SG.

Yea its been out of SG for a while that's why I'm looking. But heard that after they've been acquired by Phillips, the general review is that it is now an overpriced Saeco, build quality has nose-dived so not considering that anymore.

Thanks!
 

Lazy_Tiger

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2002
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
21
Sharing this link
http://compoundcoffee.com/experiments

Local roaster conducting conducting alot of very interesting experiments on tamping and different tampers, preinfusion, brew pressure. Their experiments section is worth a read. They use statistics and refractometers as tools in the conduct of their experiments.

Support local business! Order their coffee beans.
 

sohzai

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2007
Messages
1,066
Reaction score
1
Anyone interested in sharing shipping for deathwish coffee? Just wanna try how is it like.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top