I'm using the Bezzera BZ10 which has a grouphead that heats up on its own, take only 10 mins.
Those on double boiler really have to wait like crazy.
My home machine is the Brewtus Double boiler which is attached with the E61 grouphead.
From cold to hot enough, abt 20mins, still not so bad.
Like what the other guy said, the boiler is shielded to heat up faster.
I also flush the grouphead to warm up faster and to release whatever may be trapped from my last flush.
Never felt underextracted nor sour.
I'm using very acidic sour blends from Columbia, so if it's sour, i can taste it easily.
But you are right, it's a little too much wait and i do regret not considering the Bezzera BZ10, BZ13 or Strega.
Honestly those preinfusion thing how much it helps, i can't tell nor feel much difference. Nor do i utilise the preinfusion method on my current E61. The startup time is something i've to face everyday.
I did not read enough nor went to the showroom
Online is not providing much information on BZ10/BZ13, mostly avail to those E61.
Until i realised later that Bezzera's BZ07/09/10 are pretty popular among those demanding Germans with google translate.
Strega is even better.
I can't taste the diff between BZ13 and E61 grouphead but i can feel the real difference between Strega and them.
Best thing is no need backflush, no need wait for the grouphead to warm up either.
This Bezzera really know their stuff.
You had made a very intelligent purchase, BZ10 is now out of stock.
I bought the BZ13 which is the latest model for my office 2 weeks ago with PIC claim.
Heat time is only 8 mins, its blazing fast.
Imagine it's 1/3 the startup time of my Brewtus i use at home.
Their youtube video says it's with stronger thermal accuracy.
If i could choose, i would had bought the BZ13 instead of the Brewtus double boiler for my home.
Actually PID not really important to me.
Think about it, i should sell my Brewtus DB and upgrade to a Strega or another BZ13. DB is pretty over rated and has their share of cons not properly explained
