(GPGT)Espresso machine hoot

gkhbgk

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Conical burrs have a slower rpm, so less heat during grind.
They also have a wider grinding area to disperse heat.
A Honkie barista recently claimed that heat is better though, but many are doubtful in the claim.

E61 has a lot of makers, ECM, Bezzera, VBM, Expobar, etc. I think more than 10 companies copying it. If it's not good, i think won't have 10 over established companies copying? Maybe because it's an open patent?

From what i been reading, PID adjust the boiler temperature so will inevitably affect the HX temperature. The fluctuation is also lesser. Got abnormalities, I think u can see it better. You may have more confidence is seeing exact number that guesstimate.

I'll pick BB005 or Q50E.

Hope the info helps.

Thank you very much for your input :)
 

tortoise18

Banned
Joined
Apr 18, 2005
Messages
30,374
Reaction score
856
very fresh beans roast date 1 wk or less. my grinder is delonghi kg89 though, could be grinder issue. i'm thinking of getting baratza virtuoso
 

tortoise18

Banned
Joined
Apr 18, 2005
Messages
30,374
Reaction score
856
thanks! i tried googling and nothing points to that website.
I compared Lido E and ET and ET gives a bigger range? Or should I stick with E, same price for both
 

tortoise18

Banned
Joined
Apr 18, 2005
Messages
30,374
Reaction score
856
out of stock lei the main site.
between E and ET i think ET a bit risky cos of the handle maybe clumsy.
$292 for lido E and pharos $399.
 

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
46,355
Reaction score
15,795
S$300/S$400 for one hand grinder can almost buy one electronic grinder.
Why don't buy an electronic one and single dose, still works and much easier
 

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
S$300/S$400 for one hand grinder can almost buy one electronic grinder.
Why don't buy an electronic one and single dose, still works and much easier

I find my hand grinder works and just as easy as my electric one.
 

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
out of stock lei the main site.
between E and ET i think ET a bit risky cos of the handle maybe clumsy.
$292 for lido E and pharos $399.

A lot of review here or you can ask owners for feedback
http://www.home-barista.com/advice/lido-e-vs-pharos-t39694.html
 

tortoise18

Banned
Joined
Apr 18, 2005
Messages
30,374
Reaction score
856
Leaning towards pharos only $100 diff but am scared as I'm pretty short and weak, not a guy and lido seems more user friendly
 

chikyblink

Master Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2005
Messages
2,977
Reaction score
4
Leaning towards pharos only $100 diff but am scared as I'm pretty short and weak, not a guy and lido seems more user friendly

I have both the Lido 2 and the Pharos. While the Pharos is a better grinder for espresso, it is a b*tch to use. Getting grounds out requires shaking and tapping and risking grounds all over the place. It gets old really fast if you're doing 2-3 shots a day. The Lido is just easier to use in every way. That said, espressos certainly taste better on the Pharos.

Bottom line: Get the Lido E.
 

tortoise18

Banned
Joined
Apr 18, 2005
Messages
30,374
Reaction score
856
Yes chikyblink thanks for the input.
That's the part I will have trouble, getting grinds out. I see the guys putting it upside down and stuff and I will have problem cos its heavy.
I'm gonna get Lido E.cos ET doesn't have funnel lol. It does have the rubber stopper which I've no idea wat for
 

Lazy_Tiger

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2002
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
21
I have both the Lido 2 and the Pharos. While the Pharos is a better grinder for espresso, it is a b*tch to use. Getting grounds out requires shaking and tapping and risking grounds all over the place. It gets old really fast if you're doing 2-3 shots a day. The Lido is just easier to use in every way. That said, espressos certainly taste better on the Pharos.

Bottom line: Get the Lido E.

I saw a video where a lady had trouble turning a lido. Is the lido hard to turn? With hand grinder I find it's about getting the rhythm. Even strong guys had problems turning my hg one because it's the 1st time they tried and have not gotten the rhythm and understood where to press down to stabilize the grinder.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top