I wasted a lot of coffee during my initial caliberation on the grinder.
I think you anyhow purchase a few cheap bags of 250g first.![]()
Oh yeah you are absolutely right. I better find some cheap bags to try first and calibrate the grinder.

I wasted a lot of coffee during my initial caliberation on the grinder.
I think you anyhow purchase a few cheap bags of 250g first.![]()
congrats!
I have to agree with testerjp, initial caliberation does waste alot of beans.
I was in Seattle Coffee gear and saw a customer initial calibrating in store with illy coffee. They are nice to pull out a 3kg can for him to do, he was there for like a good 30mins still far from getting it right
Oh yeah you are absolutely right. I better find some cheap bags to try first and calibrate the grinder.
70g is too little imo.Looks good! They have down to 70g packs.

Ya man, you can brew the coffee the way you like it.Unfortunately, each kind of beans you'll have to tweak the grind settings (even the same bean as times goes by, fine adjustments is needed day by day).
Make the whole process enjoyable, and having your own cup of espresso/latte at home is a great joy!

Would anyone have recommendations for a HX/dual boiler machine under 1.5k?
I was looking at a cheaper single boiler but having to wait 20 minutes for an espresso and even more to steam milk is kinda excruciating. Currently running a Breville thernoblock model and very happy with it, but it's about time for an upgrade.
I'm currently set on a Baratza Sette 270WI, but I'm frankly lost about what machine to pair with it. Are HX manual lever machines a thing?
(Thanks my niggas.)

Get a spring piston, why get a manual hand press.
I read on HB forum that you can bypass the pump on the Strega and it still works. The pump was added to push water from the tank to the grouphead as there's no inlet pressure.
I saw on don't know which overseas site that there's a Strega version which has no pump. I asked FCC before and they said they don't want to bring in as the price is only marginally lesser and it has to be plumbed in with water pressure. I'm still interested in that though, one less part available, one less part to fail.
![]()
Unfortunately, each kind of beans you'll have to tweak the grind settings (even the same bean as times goes by, fine adjustments is needed day by day).
Make the whole process enjoyable, and having your own cup of espresso/latte at home is a great joy!
Important to get fresh beans too, there are places which sells really cheap beans but are atleast 6 months from roast dates. Stale beans are literally impossible to dial in with horrible gushers especially for beginners.
When you getting ur machine?
I self roast at home, if you want i can pass you some roast for free, but i just have to get my lazy ass off the couch first..lol
70g is too little imo.
If you are using 18g per extraction, that's only good for 3 times. The rest are most likely going to wastage.
I find that most coffee can last for at least 10 days. I ever left my opened bag of Arcaffè Meloria for 3 weeks while I went for holiday, and it was still good after I returned. If it's a light roast, then it might be a different story since those are weaker in the body.![]()
Would anyone have recommendations for a HX/dual boiler machine under 1.5k?
I was looking at a cheaper single boiler but having to wait 20 minutes for an espresso and even more to steam milk is kinda excruciating. Currently running a Breville thernoblock model and very happy with it, but it's about time for an upgrade.
I'm currently set on a Baratza Sette 270WI, but I'm frankly lost about what machine to pair with it. Are HX manual lever machines a thing?
(Thanks my niggas.)
Is DE1/1+ actually available in Singapore though? My impression was you'd have to import it yourself. And it's on pre-order even overseas.
Complex machine + new design + no local support = sounds like a bit of a nightmare.
Would anyone have recommendations for a HX/dual boiler machine under 1.5k?
I was looking at a cheaper single boiler but having to wait 20 minutes for an espresso and even more to steam milk is kinda excruciating. Currently running a Breville thernoblock model and very happy with it, but it's about time for an upgrade.
I'm currently set on a Baratza Sette 270WI, but I'm frankly lost about what machine to pair with it. Are HX manual lever machines a thing?
(Thanks my niggas.)
Have to agree taobao or AliExpress deals on the clone best
Ie
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32819647739/32819647739.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32735814841/32735814841.html
anyone tried this?