
Dont go brevilleThanks
i saw a lelit maraX as well for 1999 now. thinking about it. btw this will be my 1st machine, thinking if i go breville route 1st or get a prosumer like marax, bz10 or apartamento.
Dont go breville. I went breville and after one month only ordered niche and when it arrives i will choose between marax or bianca lol.
Anyone knows anyone who can fix a strega ... bought from Italy. The gauge does not work and pump is leaking... cheers
also thinking of a Spaziale mini as next machine... what do you experts think.... thks
If u not drinking a lot a manual lever will also do without the big footprints. They can last decades.Thanks
i saw a lelit maraX as well for 1999 now. thinking about it. btw this will be my 1st machine, thinking if i go breville route 1st or get a prosumer like marax, bz10 or apartamento.
I recently bought a Bezzera Magika and am very happy with it. One of the most basic machines but gets the job done. Saw Lelite machines too, but found the build quality of the housing a bit disappointing and quite small.
Is the C2 able to grind for espresso? Looking to a cheaper alternative than the comandante.Just want to share recently received my Timemore C2 hand grinder
I have nothing but praised in terms of build quality, grinding speed, grind result
two thumbs up
I don't have a Timemore C2 but I have a Timemore Slim Plus , which is supposed to be capable of grinding for esspresso. Picked up from Taobao on a major sale for about SGD115 incl. shippingIs the C2 able to grind for espresso? Looking to a cheaper alternative than the comandante.
Yes, you can but with limitation. about 5-6 step away from 0 setting, you will choke your coffee machineIs the C2 able to grind for espresso? Looking to a cheaper alternative than the comandante.
Does anybody have a Bezzera Crema DE PID (or BZ13) and can share their experience with it so far? Am looking between this and a Lelit Elizabeth, wanting a saturated grouphead but not going above 3k so Decent/Linea is out of range. Am coming from a BBE already so probably not BDB.Bezzera Magika is like$1.9k or $2.2K with PID.
Lelit Anita/Grace is not a fair comparison.
Lelit PL162T Bianca build quality cannot be disappointing but it cost alot more like $3.3K
Lelit Elizabeth is like $2.5K but housing is not looking good. double boiler not a HX.
LELIT MARA is a HX much like the Magika. build should be similar. selection locally not great.
Small? is small a bad thing? need to refill water freq, but does not take up so much countertop space.
Long time no update beans (only putting back those that has good memories:WFH more time to try different beans. Any medium roast to recommend?
Thanks for your review. Comparing Jaxinn and Uri which one is better? I prefer medium roast, nutty, chocolatey, with some lingering aftertaste. The only dark roast I like is sumiyaki but hard to find locally.Long time no update beans (only putting back those that has good memories:
Lam Yeo Roast: Indian Monsoon Malabar -> This was surprisingly different and not bad
Six Four - Apache ->very fragrant, the smell you get to smell from cafes (thanks for the recommendation)
Paksong - F5 Mountain and forest blend
Recent purchases:
Jaxinn specialty coffee 5x promo:
C1 Kenya AA - Surprisingly Lam Yeo's Kenya wasnt that great, Jaxinn one has a different pallete to it and the flavors lingers longer. This one will be kept in the books.
C2 Brazil Santos - Not the usual brazilian taste I'm used to.. the flavour turn very quickly after bag opening (when you smell the bean it got the turning bad smell, like rusted potato smell)
C3 Kenya + Brazil Blend - Its just mixing the above two into one. flavour becomes muted.
C4 Brazil + Ethiopia Blend - Not memorable, but better blend than C3.
C5 Ethiopia Sidamo Guji - This was great too. Similar profile as the Kenya. Good candidate to be rotated from your usual bunch.
TL;DR - Jaxinn Single origins is better (just not the Brazil Santos). And they are very cheap.
Bought a 4 pack from Shopee, Uri Coffee from korea. (Cheap too)
ANDAMIRO (MEDIUM DARK BLEND · GOOD BODY) You can feel the deep flavor and heavy body of grains, It is a coffee bean that is properly harmonized with the bitter taste of coffee. -Brazil NY2 FC 17/18 Mogiana -Tanzania AAA FAQ -India Robusta A Kaapi Royale -> So far opened this. Gg, I realised have been taking medium to medium light roast so much, this one need some time to get use to and its not even the darkest blend yet. Very earthy, baked almond texture.
Very nice tiger stripe during extraction tho, and it has the most consistent flow. 1 Sec 1 ML. 20gm in, 40gm out. Anyone can suggest how to extract dark blends again...
Havent open the rest:
SINABURO (GOOD BALANCE · ROASTED NUTS) It is characterized by the savory aroma and soft taste of roasted nuts. This coffee bean has a long lasting lingering effect and a rich texture. -Colombia Supremo Huila -Brazil NY2 FC 17/18 Mogiana -Tanzania AAA FAQ -Guatemala Antigua SHB
DULDAMIRO (DARK CHOCOLATE · MEDIUM BODY) Both Miro is a coffee bean that has a bitter taste and savory taste of dark chocolate, and is characterized by a balanced balance and a clean aftertaste. - Brazil NY2 FC 17 / 18 Mogiana - Costarica SHB EP - India Robusta A Kaapi Royale
CLASSIC BLENDING (GOOD BODY- DARK FLAVOR) The savory aroma of nuts with the first taste of strong impact, It is a bean that gives you the rich and bitter aftertaste of dark chocolate. -Brazil NY2 FC 17/18 Mogiana -India Robusta A Kaapi royale
The Uri is weird, I find them taste like the old days (before current wave of roasting methods tending towards light to medium roasting if you know what I mean) straight up dark tonality, on the other end of the flavour wheel. It felt I'm back to buying from the Italian roasters back in Melbourne.Thanks for your review. Comparing Jaxinn and Uri which one is better? I prefer medium roast, nutty, chocolatey, with some lingering aftertaste. The only dark roast I like is sumiyaki but hard to find locally.
Interesting! I'll order a bundle to try out. Currently on my last pack of Arcaffe Margo. Just finished Cultivar's Signature Blend (locally roasted) which is not too bad but not that great either. Somehow the beans can't stand humidity and taste disappears a bit after a day. Apache is much better but more expensive too.The Uri is weird, I find them taste like the old days (before current wave of roasting methods tending towards light to medium roasting if you know what I mean) straight up dark tonality, on the other end of the flavour wheel. It felt I'm back to buying from the Italian roasters back in Melbourne.
Will be good for people who hated current coffee trends. It's almost like nanyang coffee for espresso, but also not so gao until it's just burnt. I've dialed down the temperature for the shot just to get the more flavour linger a little more.
Maybe you can try just one pack to test your pallette. I'll definitely need to switch back to maybe six four after this to calibrate back the taste budbefore proceeding with new beans
HiHello peeps, looking to get a prosumer machine. Am deciding either lelit bianca or appartamento. Im aware that they're of different class, but what will yall recommend?
Hi
You might want to watch this.
I am a user of the MaraX since last November and I'm very happy with it so far.Yea i watched this previously, was thinking if anyone has any user experience with the machines to share![]()