(GPGT)Espresso machine hoot

mamboeidos

Banned
Joined
Jan 20, 2008
Messages
17,392
Reaction score
527
Out of curiosity, after you’ve agonised over your grinder, will you even enjoy your espresso? I mean you have so many other variables to consider yes? Beans, how fine your grind is, weight, temperature, pressure, soft or hard water, flushing, how consistent you are etc. lol.
Your Bianca is sub 5k, wouldn’t a 1k + grinder be sufficient? I mean I make 5 shots a day, everyday and my relatively inexpensive eureka atom works with my Cremina.
Enjoy making and drinking your coffee, worry less about whether you missed out on the super once in a lifetime grinder that grinds the nectar of the immortals.
:ROFLMAO:

Thats y we are asking around like from a cheap hario grinder to a few hundreds grinder it is worth cos can obviously taste the diff and maybe to a NZ we still can.

But if from there onwards there is a very small diff u can taste but the price is more than 1k diff then it is really up to individual.

Some can afford but also won't make the jump.

Just like some can buy a lambo but still choose a lexus
 

Mason016

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2012
Messages
30
Reaction score
1
One of the reasons I chose the Eureka and not the Mazzer was burr cleaning. With the mazzer, once you take out the burr, you have to recalibrate your grind setting. You don’t have to do that with the Eureka. So something you may want to look at when choosing your grinder.
From an efficiency point, do you really want to hand grind your espressos? It’s tiring just thinking about it.

And yes, I could have bought a monolith or malkohnig, but at the end of the day for me was does it matter? Will I be happier, will my palette detect such changes? I concluded no as it boils down to skill and finesse once you remove everything else. One can drive a McLaren, doesn’t mean you are Lando Norris.

haha, oh I also spent some time agonising over the machine and grinder so I fully understand. Just thought I share my thought process.
 
Last edited:

Smoothy

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
45
Reaction score
1
Before all these new waves of gears and stuff, we were all happy with the usual Mazzers used in the cafes. I had a doser Mazzers Mini before, and then a Mazzer Super Jolly E (I was using a E61 Diadema Junior Extra, a HX machine), very happy.

Resale I would think NZ would be the first choice, tbh, for your dilemma, read a little more and just get the NZ and see how it goes. Unless you find the additional benefit doesn't seem to justify the cost, anything higher end won't be included into consideration anyway.
Thanks in part to your comment - I just checked out the NZ 5 minutes ago, will arrive in march. Can't wait!!!
The bad news is... i know next i'll start "agonizing" over which expresso machine to upgrade to... lol.
 

mamboeidos

Banned
Joined
Jan 20, 2008
Messages
17,392
Reaction score
527
Thanks in part to your comment - I just checked out the NZ 5 minutes ago, will arrive in march. Can't wait!!!
The bad news is... i know next i'll start "agonizing" over which expresso machine to upgrade to... lol.

How much did u paid for the NZ in the end?
 

DriftKing

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2005
Messages
2,470
Reaction score
438
Out of curiosity, after you’ve agonised over your grinder, will you even enjoy your espresso? I mean you have so many other variables to consider yes? Beans, how fine your grind is, weight, temperature, pressure, soft or hard water, flushing, how consistent you are etc. lol.
Your Bianca is sub 5k, wouldn’t a 1k + grinder be sufficient? I mean I make 5 shots a day, everyday and my relatively inexpensive eureka atom works with my Cremina.
Enjoy making and drinking your coffee, worry less about whether you missed out on the super once in a lifetime grinder that grinds the nectar of the immortals. :ROFLMAO:
Wink wink, your Cremina is criminally under fed.

I like buying gears so having the Monolith is an achievement unlocked and to momentarily cure the upgraditis. If counter space is of no concern, I really want to venture back into lever machines... That would complete the game
 

IAmNiceify

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2012
Messages
671
Reaction score
12
Brothers i make my espresso with a budget eureka manuale and Gaggia Classic Pro. Got them as I THINK that this is the best value setup FOR ME.

To each their own la, if you live your life just to quantify every single thing then your life must be very sad.
 

mamboeidos

Banned
Joined
Jan 20, 2008
Messages
17,392
Reaction score
527
well we are also thinking if NZ or other grinder is the best value setup for us or worth the extra few hundreds or few thousand just for that increase in experience. so...I dun see u any diff from us leh....

so erm....wats ur point again?
 

Zon

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
1
am using a gaggia baby twin and a compak K-3 touch platinum.
pulls are consistent now and enjoying my coffee.

The only weak point is prob the grinder. its a good flat burrs grinder but the retention is horrible. I single dose it, 20g in and 18.8g out. Using a bicycle air pump and give it a few good push. Out comes the balance 1.2g.

NZ too ex for me.
DF64 is a sweet spot for me. But adding all the mods(declumper, tilting, indication) will bump it up to 550++?
Also wasnt sure if the red burrs will make a difference. Thats another 270 or so.

Looking at Sette 270wi(carousell) now. no need for single dose. almost zero retention... downside its a conical vs flat burrs debate?


Back to the point.. All i want is a better cup of coffee, but where does it stop? lol.
 

mamboeidos

Banned
Joined
Jan 20, 2008
Messages
17,392
Reaction score
527
am using a gaggia baby twin and a compak K-3 touch platinum.
pulls are consistent now and enjoying my coffee.
The only weak point is prob the grinder. its a good flat burrs grinder but the retention is horrible. I single dose it, 20g in and 18.8g out. Using a bicycle air pump and give it a few good push. Out comes the balance 1.2g.
NZ too ex for me.
DF64 is a sweet spot for me. But adding all the mods(declumper, tilting, indication) will bump it up to 550++?
Also wasnt sure if the red burrs will make a difference. Thats another 270 or so.
Looking at Sette 270wi(carousell) now. no need for single dose. almost zero retention... downside its a conical vs flat burrs debate?
Back to the point.. All i want is a better cup of coffee, but where does it stop? lol.

It stop when u need to top up just to get to another lvl with little returns.
 

doom102938

Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2008
Messages
128
Reaction score
2
Finally received my Profitec Pro 600 and Eureka Mignon Specialita. Have to say that I'm thoroughly enjoying the experience of using it and the coffee is produces although I'm still a noob.:ROFLMAO:
272826006_357809019267938_8080006390346686886_n.jpg
 

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
46,339
Reaction score
15,774
Wow, the LED light, switch and PID are right beside where the steam are blasting. :(
 

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
7,576
Reaction score
347
I am looking to get a super automatic espresso machine in Europe. Any recommendation on which brand I should go for against the prices in Singapore?

Also, anyone has experience with super automatic espresso machine? Is it worth the price?
 

otacon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2001
Messages
18,326
Reaction score
255
I wanna use my skills future to learn barista course, which school is more recommended?
 

fzhfzh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 27, 2008
Messages
11,601
Reaction score
1,016
Just ordered the new eureka oro mignon single dose grinder to upgrade my espresso grinder. Looked into other alternatives like niche zero, ek43, and decided to check this out. Full stainless steel looks nicer in the kitchen vs niche zero. And single dose vs ek43. Imo it’s probably at the point where performance starts to plateau vs price.
 

linusz

Master Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2001
Messages
3,034
Reaction score
107
Just ordered the new eureka oro mignon single dose grinder to upgrade my espresso grinder. Looked into other alternatives like niche zero, ek43, and decided to check this out. Full stainless steel looks nicer in the kitchen vs niche zero. And single dose vs ek43. Imo it’s probably at the point where performance starts to plateau vs price.

Damage? From where
 

fzhfzh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 27, 2008
Messages
11,601
Reaction score
1,016
Actually after reading some reviews on the eureka single doser I cancelled it. Doesn’t seem that great with a lot of issues like ground stuck inside. Ordered a eureka atom 75 with red speed burrs instead. I think I’ll forego single dosing and use hopper instead as it’s more convenient for my workflow. Ordered on espressocoffeeshop and shipping directly from Italy. Around 1100 euros.
Next up, hoping my breville barista express spoils fast so I can upgrade the espresso machine to a linea mini or something.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top