(GPGT)Espresso machine hoot

Lazy_Tiger

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2002
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
21
only had fully auto previously, so go there see alone probably will just be filled with sales talk i feel.

Can go and visit a few vendors first bro before u go home do abit of research and make your final decision.

Honestly its not scientifically proven proven whether is e61 better or proprietary group heads is better or lever machines is better. more of an individual preference and understanding your needs. some differences may not be important to your or it could be extremely essential in your preference.

Highlander, Coffee in a place, papa palheta, are a few other vendors u can check out too.
 

chikyblink

Master Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2005
Messages
2,977
Reaction score
4
In addition, the volatile aromatics are contained within the bubbles of the crema, the very fine red-brown foam on top of the espresso. As the foam dissipates, the aromatics fall into the black coffee, and are destroyed by the acidity of the coffee.
little confused about this part. most advocate stirring/swirling the shot b4 drinking to incorporate the crema. But this part seems to suggest doing so will destroy the aroma in the crema?
So do you guys stir/swirl? I do.
 

derazor

Banned
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
28,105
Reaction score
3
little confused about this part. most advocate stirring/swirling the shot b4 drinking to incorporate the crema. But this part seems to suggest doing so will destroy the aroma in the crema?
So do you guys stir/swirl? I do.

So far I direct, maybe I try later.
 

chikyblink

Master Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2005
Messages
2,977
Reaction score
4
late morning sinful breakfast. with extra chocolate
OCNTmzB.jpg
 

IntelFlash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2000
Messages
12,966
Reaction score
20
I won't use mineral water and spoilt the machine.
Anyway, i think it's quite debatable that it makes the taste better or the taste of the mineral distort the aroma and have this false sense it's better.

Seattle, where most of the best coffee are served in USA, is at a district where the water is soft.
 

derazor

Banned
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
28,105
Reaction score
3
Next time go japan or Hong Kong can visit these cafe.

Anyway my Kalita wave arrived Liao.

Quite simple and more direct as compared to the espresso making .


Eq used
Kalita wave 155 ,supposedly best dropper now as compared to v60
White filter because it has less paper taste
Existing weighing scale
Brew ratio 1:16 , I use 16g since I'm using this also for my espresso
Hario goose neck
Beans : single origin CoE Juan Ramón Alvarado

Result is good similar to cafe that I've visited . Procedure can follow videos done by nick cho. Will share more later.

After doing this I will try cold brew with this process
 

Lazy_Tiger

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2002
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
21
Next time go japan or Hong Kong can visit these cafe.

Anyway my Kalita wave arrived Liao.

Quite simple and more direct as compared to the espresso making .


Eq used
Kalita wave 155 ,supposedly best dropper now as compared to v60
White filter because it has less paper taste
Existing weighing scale
Brew ratio 1:16 , I use 16g since I'm using this also for my espresso
Hario goose neck
Beans : single origin CoE Juan Ramón Alvarado

Result is good similar to cafe that I've visited . Procedure can follow videos done by nick cho. Will share more later.

After doing this I will try cold brew with this process


Thanks for sharing. Where did you get the COE beans? Should be quite ex right?
 
Last edited:

chikyblink

Master Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2005
Messages
2,977
Reaction score
4
How do you cold brew with drippers? All I can think of is using a container, in goes the grounds and water. Leave overnight in the fridge. Then filter using the dripper?
 

derazor

Banned
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
28,105
Reaction score
3
oh the recipe isn't cold brew. Its just a normal pour-over with ice added in.

Cold brew is a completely different method which uses cold water. Basically, just combine cold water and coarse grounds and leave it overnight in the fridge.

This one like better because cold brew takes out all the acidity and nuances
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top