derazor
Banned
- Joined
- May 19, 2011
- Messages
- 28,105
- Reaction score
- 3
a new coffee roaster pop up just a few steps away from Intelligentsia Chicago!
my pal told me its better than Intelligentsia
Coffee – bowtruss_retail
NV you guys

a new coffee roaster pop up just a few steps away from Intelligentsia Chicago!
my pal told me its better than Intelligentsia
Coffee – bowtruss_retail
May i know where can i get Rancilio Silvia V3 from ? with best price ? thanks
May i know where can i get Rancilio Silvia V3 from ? with best price ? thanks
Thanks for all the helpful advises. Any brands recommend of HX machine? Entree level or mid.
Thanks for all the helpful advises. Any brands recommend of HX machine? Entree level or mid.
Its been a hectic few months and I've hardly made any coffee at home. Now things have just slowed down a little and I've managed to try out some new blends.
Last wed, I was around sim ming near upper thomson. I was going November 8 to get some beans but they weren't selling any for this batch. They asked me to try Oz, which is in the same building. So off I went, but all they had was 10 days' old beans and I left disappointed again. Then I remembered derazor bro mentioning a cafe called 'habitat' which is just across the road. Not wanting a hattrick, I called ahead to enquire first. Selling beans? Checked. Date of roast? 4 days ago, checked.
![]()
$14 for 250gm.
I was in a rush. And I've forgotten to ask what kinda beans they're using.
I pulled a 16gm dose on my usual setting using the HG One. Too fast. I was lazy to agjust the grind size so I upped the dose to 18gm. First thing I noticed was, there's a lotta crema. I was expecting the usual flow with striping patterns but the whole cone is just crema. I kinda suspect there's some robusta in this blend. 28gm in 30sec from a 18gm dose. Usually when I pull ristrettos there's bound to be mottling in my cup. But not from this blend. Its just plain crema on top.
Taste wise its quite balanced, with just a hint of acidity.
The following shot is drowned in milk.
![]()
Thanks for all the helpful advises. Any brands recommend of HX machine? Entree level or mid.

chanced upon this thread while searching for a hand grinder for my aeropress...
just wanna say that coffee beans from those shophouses along Balestier/Sims Ave taste comparable to those sold by branded roasters/cafes. And they cost half the price
My personal preference is a 50:50 blend of Colombia & Robusta EK.
you guys should try them sometime, beware of pebbles in the beans though...
* using a VBM pid double boiler & Lelit PL53 *