(GPGT)Espresso machine hoot

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
No 3rd party review no idea how well are the grounds
It sure looked easier to grind than the lido2.

Just usd$129 worth the risk if I am in the market
 

chikyblink

Master Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2005
Messages
2,977
Reaction score
4
it says to close your windows and air con while roasting. what a way to commit suicide

Sent from GAGT Android App
 

Igene

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2002
Messages
14,172
Reaction score
1,239
About grinder, I was actually chit-chatting with a coffeeshop boss (I think he is; one at Maxwell food center; Now moved liao), and he actually recommended me the Akira M-520A. He said it's done a pretty good job, even for espresso. This is TW made.

Still can't make up my mind. Can hardly find any review for the grinder. It looks cheapo (plasticy) though :o
 

derazor

Banned
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
28,105
Reaction score
3
About grinder, I was actually chit-chatting with a coffeeshop boss (I think he is; one at Maxwell food center; Now moved liao), and he actually recommended me the Akira M-520A. He said it's done a pretty good job, even for espresso. This is TW made.

Still can't make up my mind. Can hardly find any review for the grinder. It looks cheapo (plasticy) though :o

Buy and let us know
 

chikyblink

Master Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2005
Messages
2,977
Reaction score
4
About grinder, I was actually chit-chatting with a coffeeshop boss (I think he is; one at Maxwell food center; Now moved liao), and he actually recommended me the Akira M-520A. He said it's done a pretty good job, even for espresso. This is TW made.

Still can't make up my mind. Can hardly find any review for the grinder. It looks cheapo (plasticy) though :o
it looks like the cheaper version of the fuji royal.
this type of meat-grinder-like grinders seems to fair quite well for brews coz of the even particle size but I'm not so sure about espresso grinds.

Sent from GAGT Android App
 

Lazy_Tiger

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2002
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
21
it looks like the cheaper version of the fuji royal.
this type of meat-grinder-like grinders seems to fair quite well for brews coz of the even particle size but I'm not so sure about espresso grinds.

Sent from GAGT Android App

It's unable to grind fine enough for espressos. But good for brewed cos it minimizes fines.
 

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
About grinder, I was actually chit-chatting with a coffeeshop boss (I think he is; one at Maxwell food center; Now moved liao), and he actually recommended me the Akira M-520A. He said it's done a pretty good job, even for espresso. This is TW made.

Still can't make up my mind. Can hardly find any review for the grinder. It looks cheapo (plasticy) though :o

I rather back https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-revolutionary-rok-coffee-grinder#home, Akita is ~usd$150-200.

If u need a grinder fast get the lido2
 

chikyblink

Master Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2005
Messages
2,977
Reaction score
4
A manual roaster not a bad price and looks well built.

Quest M3 Home Electric Roaster 200g – The Tiny Roaster

are you looking into home roasting now?
for the Quest m3, the local price seems pretty steep at 2k. I think if you get direct from Taiwan it'll be cheaper. quite a popular roaster over at HB. and it's the only home roaster with a tryer I think, which puts the experience very close to commercial roasting. tons of mods around too.
what do you think of the other roasters like the genecafe cb101(900sgd), hottop(1.8ksgd?) or even the behmor?
I've been looking hard at the genecafe tbh, cheap, easy to use, even roast. but the Quest m3 has been slowly poisoning me.

Sent from GAGT Android App
 

jor200

Junior Member
Joined
May 11, 2010
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Hi guys I have almost new rancilio rocky for sale. Got it as a gift and used for 2 weeks only. Letting go at 500. Spinelli sells them brand new for 600. Willing to deliver to your place.
 

derazor

Banned
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
28,105
Reaction score
3
The most anticipated online day of the year is here tomorrow!

Promo Code: cybermonday
15% off any online purchase*
(*with any purchase above SGD20)

Go crazy.

@ Papa Palhetta
 

Sylar22

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2009
Messages
25,901
Reaction score
13,168
Anyway i just bought a Hario Skerton, anybody using for espresso can give a guide to how many steps/clicks you use?
 

compuser

Banned
Joined
Jan 4, 2008
Messages
4,465
Reaction score
1,613
Different beans will require different setting, there's no one setting fits all.
I don't know, but i will try to 80% of maximum fineness to start with.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top