(GPGT) RR Home Kitchen

RoyalRookie

Master Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2015
Messages
3,384
Reaction score
0
can share the pork belly recipe? how long in slow cooker? :o

I don't use slow cooker leh. Receipe below:

Dongpo Pork with Fresh Greens

Ingredients (2 people):
Pork

500 grams pork belly, skin on
Cotton string
50g rock sugar, smashed into bits
1 T. oil
6 thin slices of ginger
2 spring onions, cut it into 3 cm lengthways.
3~4 cloves of garlic, remove the skin
1 star anise
A little bit of cinnamon stick (around 5 cm long)
1 slice of dried liquorice
1 slice of dried tangerine skin
Seasonings

3 tablespoons of crystal sugar
2 cups of Shaoxing rice wine
1 cup of light soy sauce
1 tablespoon of dark soy sauce

Salad

Rocket leaves
Cherry tomatoes
Vinaigrette



How to Make It:
1. Use the string to tie the pork up like a parcel and blanch the pork in the boiling water with another couple thin slices of ginger. After just rinsing under cold water and leave it on aside.

2. Heat a tablespoon of oil in the wok and sauté the spring onion, ginger, garlic first and add all the spice into the wok and keep sauté it until the fragrant smell comes out.

3. Place the step 2 into a small stock pot and re-heat the wok from step 2 again with a little bit of oil.

4. Add crystal sugar into the wok and stir it until the crystal sugar caramelized and add soy sauce and a bit of water to boil it.

5. Place pork into the stock pot from step 2 and make sure the pork is on top of the spring onion, ginger and garlic.

6. Add the sauce from step 4 into that stock pot and make sure the sauce have to cover over the pork and add Shaoxing rice wine.

7. Cook the pork in strongest gas power and after it boiling turn the gas power to the lowest and simmer it for 1 1/2 hours. You can adjust the seasoning of the sauce at this point but remember that the sauce will thicken and be saltier.

6. Put the pork pieces and sauce into a big heat-proof bowl or dish and steam for at least 3 hours. If kept overnight at this point and re-steamed for another hour or more the next day, it's even better. If the sauce is thin, pour it into a small pot (without the pork) and heat it on high to evaporate and thicken it. Pour the thickened sauce over the pork pieces to serve.
 

Dark84

Banned
Joined
Aug 1, 2012
Messages
23,705
Reaction score
1,659
Can I marry you?

Sinkapo lady can cook, so can yew
DDc3b6ol.jpg

Hk steam pomfret

Sent from PCW Queen using GAGT
 

RoyalRookie

Master Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2015
Messages
3,384
Reaction score
0
Can I marry you?

So farnie leh. Before I got married like not so much guys appreciate moi cooking one leh. LOL

I got one ex bf hor... He will scold me for using too many plates when I cook and kpkb that he has to wash.

Come home got hot piping food waiting for him still kenna scold. knn
 

john hanley

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2011
Messages
49,771
Reaction score
3
So farnie leh. Before I got married like not so much guys appreciate moi cooking one leh. LOL

I got one ex bf hor... He will scold me for using too many plates when I cook and kpkb that he has to wash.

Come home got hot piping food waiting for him still kenna scold. knn

Knn, where do I find a lady like you ah?
How come I ish can't find such ladies.....church also no hab....I wanna gib up and go be swinging single liao
 

RoyalRookie

Master Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2015
Messages
3,384
Reaction score
0
Zeh zeh ish married.

But u can join the line over there..

*points to horizon*

Dunno leh... Maybe I douch know enough people. But most sinkapo guys I know don't expect their partner to cook one. So my cooking skills actually not highly appreciated. Most will say they anyhow eat also can. Dun need cook so elaborated.

I got mood cook nice nice food hear liao also bo mood liaoz. LOL
 

RoyalRookie

Master Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2015
Messages
3,384
Reaction score
0

RoyalRookie

Master Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2015
Messages
3,384
Reaction score
0
Knn, where do I find a lady like you ah?
How come I ish can't find such ladies.....church also no hab....I wanna gib up and go be swinging single liao

Most ladies I know can cook one also rarely single loh. HOHOHO
Wishing you good luck!!
 

natnai

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2007
Messages
8,012
Reaction score
1
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top