Gundam Modeling Official thread - Part 5

gigigigi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
9,468
Reaction score
19
aiya, they mark up more than 20%. even after discount, price more or less same as Hobby shops (excluding hobby point...)
ya. true. thats why I very not happy.
was intentionally buy there just to get the stupid promo card.
at the end oso wrong card. wtf.

was mentioning hobby point because its nearest my place. Want to support them, scared they close down.
 
Last edited:

Knightrider3K

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2008
Messages
16,779
Reaction score
6
ya. true. thats why I very not happy.
was intentionally buy there just to get the stupid promo card.
at the end oso wrong card. wtf.

was mentioning hobby point because its nearest my place. Want to support them, scared they close down.
can always buy in :

1-hobby bazaar
2-hag / hobby kulture/ sales (taka, metro, og etc)

hobbypoint has some rare kits but the price is ....
i rarely buy from them unless hand really itching bad...
 

aucheukyan

Master Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2009
Messages
4,643
Reaction score
325
can always buy in :

1-hobby bazaar
2-hag / hobby kulture/ sales (taka, metro, og etc)

hobbypoint has some rare kits but the price is ....
i rarely buy from them unless hand really itching bad...

i always go down to the suntec and sometimes tampines to search for treasures, no treasure no purchase, i search around till the auntie there knows me liao....... the crazy kia who overturn her stocks just to find GM cold climate type=:p
 

visuallin

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2006
Messages
775
Reaction score
0
Hey thanks for replying, was just thinking that a gloss coat on the coloured parts would look good and the the white matt. But from your experience which coat works best, gloss or matt? I don't think I'm weathering this model but just wanna make it look less plastic

Not a pro here, for the white parts if you want your inner frame to be matt as well then i suggest you spray it as a whole (4 seperate limbs) . As for the coloured parts, i suggest you seprate them and spray, cause the gloss will affect your inner frame.

Btw why do you want half of the kit gloss and half of it matt? 0.0
 

ultimatron

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2007
Messages
905
Reaction score
0
Hey thanks for replying, was just thinking that a gloss coat on the coloured parts would look good and the the white matt. But from your experience which coat works best, gloss or matt? I don't think I'm weathering this model but just wanna make it look less plastic

Actually its personal preference i guess. Lol
Maybe you can try and show yours the result?

Avoid top coating at night, before raining and after raining.
 

gigigigi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
9,468
Reaction score
19
can always buy in :

1-hobby bazaar
2-hag / hobby kulture/ sales (taka, metro, og etc)

hobbypoint has some rare kits but the price is ....
i rarely buy from them unless hand really itching bad...
too far...
if factor in MRT fare + travel time, hobby point (+20% forever discount) still cheapest for me. Unless HAG also have discount then go there hoot expensive kit. :D
 

Zephon

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2006
Messages
538
Reaction score
0
Guys, need you guys' help urgently!

Can someone kindly tell me where can I buy such tiny screw?

557785_10150771074269495_532769494_9881960_1890718912_a.jpg


Need it for my gundam, d**n bandai got missing part!

I checked out Hobby art gallery and Hobby point, non of them have. Also I went check out those electronic shop in simlim tower (thanks to 1 guy from H.A.G) but same result as well :sad::sad::sad:
 

osirisx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2007
Messages
19,730
Reaction score
3,344
Guys, need you guys' help urgently!

Can someone kindly tell me where can I buy such tiny screw?

557785_10150771074269495_532769494_9881960_1890718912_a.jpg


Need it for my gundam, d**n bandai got missing part!

I checked out Hobby art gallery and Hobby point, non of them have. Also I went check out those electronic shop in simlim tower (thanks to 1 guy from H.A.G) but same result as well :sad::sad::sad:
sim lim tower dun have?....there's quite a huge selection of them there, I got my rivets from there
 

Zephon

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2006
Messages
538
Reaction score
0
sim lim tower dun have?....there's quite a huge selection of them there, I got my rivets from there

bro mind to tell me which shop? I ask almost every shop (unless they closed) they simply throw a 'don't have' to me at the moment i show my rivets to them... :sad:
 

Skillzter07X

Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2011
Messages
125
Reaction score
0
Those screws may not always be needed IMO, some is just like "insurance" for the joint, but not totally necessary. So you can judge urself if it is really needed. Just my 2 cents
 

osirisx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2007
Messages
19,730
Reaction score
3,344
bro mind to tell me which shop? I ask almost every shop (unless they closed) they simply throw a 'don't have' to me at the moment i show my rivets to them... :sad:

I can't recall the name but it's on the top level, usually after I come from the escalator turn left and walk down(duno if they'll change the direction of the escalator though), just look around

its a shop selling leds and other small parts like resistors.....but they have a wide selection of screws/rivets...all packed in a small bag

and be sure to go early...usually those shops close before 7
 
Last edited:

Knightrider3K

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2008
Messages
16,779
Reaction score
6
bro mind to tell me which shop? I ask almost every shop (unless they closed) they simply throw a 'don't have' to me at the moment i show my rivets to them... :sad:
u may try PC shops or hardware shops.

these r very small, chances of finding 1 not very high though.
 
Last edited:

Zephon

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2006
Messages
538
Reaction score
0
I can't recall the name but it's on the top level, usually after I come from the escalator turn left and walk down(duno if they'll change the direction of the escalator though), just look around

its a shop selling leds and other small parts like resistors.....but they have a wide selection of screws/rivets...all packed in a small bag

and be sure to go early...usually those shops close before 7

hm... when I visited there last week, there's a shop with bunch of old uncles sitting outside chit chat and coffee. Ask the shop owner also said dun have. But that time most of the shop are closed... perhaps I miss that...

oh ya, may I asked, you mentioned you got your rivets there, is it for model kit or something else?

Thanks!
 

Zephon

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2006
Messages
538
Reaction score
0
Those screws may not always be needed IMO, some is just like "insurance" for the joint, but not totally necessary. So you can judge urself if it is really needed. Just my 2 cents

no bro... must be this rivets. i tried to bend a pin and fix it, but it doesn't work... :( and FYI, this is the screws needed for GN drives in 00 Gundam.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top