U need to find those smaller shops.... I got my barbatos hi res in kaohsiung during 2016 for abt 150sgdThanks
was checking the pricing from of one the shop (東海模型) in 萬年商業大樓 (https://www.ehobby.com.tw/) , like not much cheaper.

U need to find those smaller shops.... I got my barbatos hi res in kaohsiung during 2016 for abt 150sgdThanks
was checking the pricing from of one the shop (東海模型) in 萬年商業大樓 (https://www.ehobby.com.tw/) , like not much cheaper.
I've been looking into a new hobby and wanted to try the assembling gundams and gunpla kits. I was wondering what the best starter kit would be for someone totally newbie on this and toolkit I should be buying.
Any store to recommend along North East MRT line would be great too.
I'm also bad at painting are their any kits that doesn't require painting?
Will be in Osaka and Taipei this month, any recommendation as to where i can get the best price for Gundam ?
You may want to start with the lower cost HG 1/144 scale kits.
Something from the HGUC Revice series will be good, I have assembled the Gundam MkII revive kit recently and from the looks of it, beginners should find it easy to complete the assembly.
Are you staying in Hougang/Sengkang area? If you are, you can visit our build this Sunday at Cheng San CC. My friends and I can give you an detailed explanation about this hobby from A-Z if you want to.
if you can get me good guide where you guys buying basic tools and model kits that would be good start.. nah actually still cant get time for starting this hobbies so cant see the build you guys doing.
You can visit Hobby Point to get some basic tools, if you really want to continue this hobby for a long period. It is strongly recommended that you start off with the proper tools even though they are basic. There should be those basic tool set available, it contains file, nipper, screwdrivers etc. Then get a sandpaper/finishing abrasives pack as well to compliment.
Importantly, no matter how much it is, do NOT ever buy anything from Hobbymate and/or anything that has Hobbymate label.
As for model kits, personally, I do not buy MG & PG kits from local shops even when they have their 'sales'.
I have a annual vacation to Tokyo, so basically I buy a year's worth of kits for me to build during my trip. Given the current exchange rate between SGD & Yen, it is a no-brainer to buy the kits in Japan compared to buying locally.
Or, you have wait for the annual Sheng Tai 'unwanted' sales for cheap model kits. A HG kit can be as cheap as $10 each.

You can visit Hobby Point to get some basic tools, if you really want to continue this hobby for a long period. It is strongly recommended that you start off with the proper tools even though they are basic. There should be those basic tool set available, it contains file, nipper, screwdrivers etc. Then get a sandpaper/finishing abrasives pack as well to compliment.
Importantly, no matter how much it is, do NOT ever buy anything from Hobbymate and/or anything that has Hobbymate label.
As for model kits, personally, I do not buy MG & PG kits from local shops even when they have their 'sales'.
I have a annual vacation to Tokyo, so basically I buy a year's worth of kits for me to build during my trip. Given the current exchange rate between SGD & Yen, it is a no-brainer to buy the kits in Japan compared to buying locally.
Or, you have wait for the annual Sheng Tai 'unwanted' sales for cheap model kits. A HG kit can be as cheap as $10 each.
You can visit Hobby Point to get some basic tools, if you really want to continue this hobby for a long period. It is strongly recommended that you start off with the proper tools even though they are basic. There should be those basic tool set available, it contains file, nipper, screwdrivers etc. Then get a sandpaper/finishing abrasives pack as well to compliment.
Importantly, no matter how much it is, do NOT ever buy anything from Hobbymate and/or anything that has Hobbymate label.
As for model kits, personally, I do not buy MG & PG kits from local shops even when they have their 'sales'.
I have a annual vacation to Tokyo, so basically I buy a year's worth of kits for me to build during my trip. Given the current exchange rate between SGD & Yen, it is a no-brainer to buy the kits in Japan compared to buying locally.
Or, you have wait for the annual Sheng Tai 'unwanted' sales for cheap model kits. A HG kit can be as cheap as $10 each.
That was AGE era
G-Reco manage to make a HG as cheap as $5 per box.![]()
so hardcore visiting japan just for buying model kits haha... jk anyways thanks
Every hobby shop i went got hobbymate accessories sia, like everywhere lor
Will be in Osaka and Taipei this month, any recommendation as to where i can get the best price for Gundam ?
I've just finish my first model kit. But I realized the stickers seems making it more dull/lacking of details and more unrealistic.
The current model kit is HG, I was wondering which would be more realistic including more detail kits I should be doing next (next best kits) or should I try painting it myself? for painting I only wants to so some minor coloring like for eyes and small stuff any particular suggestion?
![]()
there are many things u can do to make it look better:
- panel lining: use enamel wash or permanent markers to drawing the lines between armor plates
- painting: hand paint, spray can, or airbrush on get the correct colour, especially for parts that is suppose to use stickers to cover
- flat/matt coat: give it a flat clear coat so the kit doesnt look so plasticky
- decals: u can get water slides decals to give ur kit more details. can get those generic ones with 'warning' and 'danger' label to give more realism to the model.
if u are comfortable buiding HG, maybe u can move on to MG kits. MG is more detailed and have more parts, colours are more 'correct' also. but will be more expensive.
if u are up for a challenge, u can try RG. details are better than MG, but it is cheaper coz it is smaller in size. but because of the small size, parts are very small, it can break easily if u are not careful
Okay Thanks, I guess I'll give MG/RG a try this weekends whichever is available.
Assembling using Japanese manual with HG isn't really that hard coz it has visual, I was wondering it if is the same for MG/RG hehe. I saw someone here posting kits with skeletal in inner part which kit was that?