Gundam Modeling Official thread - Part 5

kenneth0601

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
5,344
Reaction score
0
does it mean it will break easier? then have to get extra set?

and u have the shop name? might want to get a few. is for rg strike + rg sky grasper + rg astray. will be good if all came from the same shop.

Looks fragile, just be extra careful while transferring the decal from the base paper to the kit.

Modelr

This shop has 3 outlets, the no.1 should be selling Gunpla decals, but you have to browse or search them.
 

tissuepaper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2008
Messages
15,599
Reaction score
9

Errz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2002
Messages
12,943
Reaction score
0
buy buy buy
hj170501.jpg
 

okedokeloke

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2017
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Does anyone know where can I find vallejo acrylic paints as of now? And also, how much do they cost?
 
Last edited:

HeeroYuy

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2001
Messages
1,796
Reaction score
0
Does anyone know where can I find vallejo acrylic paints as of now? And also, how much do they cost?

A few places in Sg have.

  1. Paridigm Inifinium (A.k.a PI) in Midway Orchard opposite 313 Somerset
  2. HobbyMate (Fortune Center 4th Floor) official reseller
They sell about $6 per bottle.
 

okedokeloke

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2017
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
How do you tell if the paint you are using have adhered well to your gunpla? I ran my nails across a runner which I have tested my paint on and it just scratches off, was I using too much force or is this normal without the protection of a topcoat?
Just got into this hobby recently, currently learning how to hand-paint my gunpla with acrylics.
 

RedEyesFan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2010
Messages
20,196
Reaction score
3,967
How do you tell if the paint you are using have adhered well to your gunpla? I ran my nails across a runner which I have tested my paint on and it just scratches off, was I using too much force or is this normal without the protection of a topcoat?
Just got into this hobby recently, currently learning how to hand-paint my gunpla with acrylics.

Acrylic bro, they are pretty weak. The best is roughing up the surface for more grip using magic sponge(please make it wet first).
 

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
17,525
Reaction score
24
How do you tell if the paint you are using have adhered well to your gunpla? I ran my nails across a runner which I have tested my paint on and it just scratches off, was I using too much force or is this normal without the protection of a topcoat?
Just got into this hobby recently, currently learning how to hand-paint my gunpla with acrylics.

a layer of primer before u apply paint will help the paint to stick better. and a topcoat to protect the paint
 

okedokeloke

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2017
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Acrylic bro, they are pretty weak. The best is roughing up the surface for more grip using magic sponge(please make it wet first).
I will try scrubbing it first with my sanding sponge I guess, thanks for the tip.
a layer of primer before u apply paint will help the paint to stick better. and a topcoat to protect the paint
I will use a primer as a last resort, trying to save costs here since the areas I am painting are rather small and not whole pieces, haha.

Also, I realized my paint did not really stick well because I was only painting one thin layer. I assume as I paint on more layers, it should get more resistant to wearing off?

But still, my question remains, how do you know if the paint have adhered well to the plastic?
 
Last edited:

deadcell81

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
75
Reaction score
0
I will try scrubbing it first with my sanding sponge I guess, thanks for the tip.

I will use a primer as a last resort, trying to save costs here since the areas I am painting are rather small and not whole pieces, haha.

Also, I realized my paint did not really stick well because I was only painting one thin layer. I assume as I paint on more layers, it should get more resistant to wearing off?

But still, my question remains, how do you know if the paint have adhered well to the plastic?

Primer is a must, if not the paint will not stick well. For me I usually leave it 2 days to fully cure, after applying paint on cured primer coat.

I ever tried painting and top coat without primer, paint will still come off easily. Just that it is slight bit tougher compared to paint without top coat. Sharing my experience
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top